GaRaS

I-751 June 2018 Filers

1,757 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
9 hours ago, patsfan038 said:

I’m still a little confused so please bear with me 🙂 Your N400 will take one year regardless of your ROC approval status. So why not apply for citizenship and let the process run in parallel? What is the benefit of waiting for the 751 to be approved and then applying for the 400? You were eligible to apply in June 23rd so you already lost a month. I’m just trying to understand this approach. And it’s a genuine question so I mean no disrespect! In my case, I was eligible on June 14 and I filed immediately. I had my biometrics 2 weeks ago and the online status says 6 months. I hope that my 751 is approved by then, if not there is almost a certainty that I’ll have a combo interview (per my lawyer. She said it’s almost guaranteed to be a combo interview. Again it’s her opinion and she could be wrong). So in my case, I hope to have a resolution by end of the year. 

I know it's confusing sorry it's not making any sense . In my case I just need the permanent card first. I want to leave the country  for couple months , and I don't want to do it with  the extension letter.  That's my main reason .  I'm hoping that I will get it sometimes this year. Then I'll worry about the citizenship process. 

Your N400  process seems that it will be quick enough. Good Luck. 

40 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

I know it's confusing sorry it's not making any sense . In my case I just need the permanent card first. I want to leave the country  for couple months , and I don't want to do it with  the extension letter.  That's my main reason .  I'm hoping that I will get it sometimes this year. Then I'll worry about the citizenship process. 

Understood! Good luck to you as well!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did anybody file I-751 without submitting joint bank account as evidence and still got approved? I submitted every other comingling evidences though except the joint bank account. Anybody??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We're still waiting too.

In the meantime we filed N400 three weeks ago and already got biometrics done for that. I wonder if the two applications were already merged...

Timeline:

Spoiler

K1 Visa Journey
09/21/15 I-129F Sent
09/23/15 I-129F Received
09/28/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA1
10/03/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA1 - P1
10/27/15 I-129F E-confirmation NOA2
10/31/15 I-129F Hard copy NOA2 - P2
11/16/15 NVC received papers
11/18/15 NVC assigned case number
11/20/15 NVC status changed to "In Transit"
12/14/15 NVC status changed to "Ready" case at Guangzhou embassy in China
12/29/15 NVC status changed to "Administrative Processing"
1/1/16 Received P3
1/1/16 Sent back required P3 documents
1/27/16 Received P4
2/16/16 Scheduled Medical
2/22/16 Scheduled Interview - Approved!!!
2/23/16 NVC status changed to "Issued"
3/1/16 Passport with visa received in mail
4/20/16 Arrival at USA! :)

AOS:
5/28/16 Filed I-131, I-485, I-765 at Chicago lockbox
5/31/16 Date on I-131, I-485, I-765
6/14/16 NOA-1 I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - no E-confirmation was received :(
6/28/16 Biometrics letter received
7/06/16 Biometrics appointment
7/26/16 All 3 receipt numbers finally show up at USCIS online case status check
8/17/16 EAD status changed to card is being produced, AP status changed to RFE
8/17/16 same day later in the evening both EAD status and AP status changed to Approved
8/19/16 EAD status changed - card was mailed
8/23/16 EAD/AP card delivered :dancing:

9/06/16 AOS approval in the mail received

9/10/16 Green Card received :)

ROC:

6/02/18 Filed I-751

12 minutes ago, JonasSobieski said:

We're still waiting too.

In the meantime we filed N400 three weeks ago and already got biometrics done for that. I wonder if the two applications were already merged...

It is my understanding (based on my lawyer) that the applications don't merge until your N400 is ready for interview. At that point, if your 751 is already approved, then it is business per usual. If it isn't approved then the interview letter would indicate a 751-400 joint interview, so your spouse will have to accompany you as well.

4 hours ago, Beddy2015 said:

Same here, that's why I've not applied for the N400. Though, I do wonder if it's possible to apply for advanced parole via Form I-131 as an alternative  means to securing entry. My concern is specifically leaving the country with the extension letter, and then getting issued a valid green card whilst out of the country, rendering my documentation in hand out of date.

2 hours ago, annoj said:

Did anybody file I-751 without submitting joint bank account as evidence and still got approved? I submitted every other comingling evidences though except the joint bank account. Anybody??

I did.

We do not have joint account with my husband.

I got my green card yesterday. No RFE and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Eva_Joseph said:

I did.

We do not have joint account with my husband.

I got my green card yesterday. No RFE and no interview.

Thank you for your response. I feel better now. Waiting on my approval. Potomac common!

10 hours ago, Sherry0629 said:

Hi everyone,I applied last June,just went to fingerprints 19th this month,it took really long time!i almost thought might no need fingerprints.

i am wondering how long will I still wait? 

Any timeframe given will just be conjecture, no one really knows. Depending on where you filed, the most authoritative data point is the USCIS processing times website, which is ~2months lagging. 

25 minutes ago, MassSteff said:

Any timeframe given will just be conjecture, no one really knows. Depending on where you filed, the most authoritative data point is the USCIS processing times website, which is ~2months lagging. 

Agreed. My case was transferred from VSC to Potomac 80 days ago. In theory, this was supposed to speed up the process but there hasn't been any update since the transfer. So YMMV

Hi guys....so sorry that I was not on here for a while! I was making huge career jumps and needed to dedicate my time to that. I promise that I'll update the sheet soon and add all the new approvals and new members to get accurate stats.

Also......CONGRATS to all those who got approved!!!!!!!!! :dance: 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Hi all, 

I finally got my CG in the mail today!

I had sent my package to Vermont June 8th, 2018.

I got my biometrics done July 17

Silence and no updates on either USCIS websites.

I randomly decided to check the old case status tracker yesterday, and it had finally updated saying that my card was mailed on the 25th. 

Almost a year and 2 months later :) 

35 minutes ago, slee0000 said:

Hi all, 

I finally got my CG in the mail today!

I had sent my package to Vermont June 8th, 2018.

I got my biometrics done July 17

Silence and no updates on either USCIS websites.

I randomly decided to check the old case status tracker yesterday, and it had finally updated saying that my card was mailed on the 25th. 

Almost a year and 2 months later :)

Wow  !!! Congratulations !!!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.