dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

So, I received a case number last Monday, 6/18. I guess everything is online. I just wanted to confirm this with everyone. Basically, I don't have any option or need to fill out a DS-261 (choice of agent) and confirmed it with a customer service agent over the phone at the NVC. They stated that because this is online, that a choice of agent is not needed since there is a scroll tab and pretty much anyone that has access to our case can go into and log on the site. Our payment for the AOS and IV fees have been marked as "paid" last Friday 6/22 and so we started the application process. The DS-260 has been sent and now my husband is now starting to submit his civil documents while I'm getting paperwork ready to upload for the AOS portion. The Wikis I'm reading I feel could be outdated as it is 2018 now, and it also seems like some are going through a different process. Am I missing something? Or am I following the correct instructions?  Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi! Happy to be joining this group after 7 months from NOA 1 to NOA 2. The waiting begins for a case number! 

11/22/17 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

11/24/17 - NOA1 Receipt Date

06/21/18 - NOA2 Approval Date (email, text, app update)

07/17/18 - Case received by NVC

08/09/18 - Case and Invoice number assigned by NVC, paid AOS and IV fees

08/14/18 - Submitted AOS Application and Documents

08/16/18 - Submitted IV Application and Documents

09/17/18 - Case complete at NVC

11/13/18 - Received interview letter from NVC

12/19/18 - Interview at Embassy in Cairo - Approved!

01/03/19 - GC Fee Paid

02/01/19 - POE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello All - I am the petitioner and I submitted my NVC documents on Friday, however realized that there's no place to provide the petitioner's civil documents (e.g. previous marriage/divorce certificate). There's only place for applicant's civil documents which we submitted, so we did not file it. I had read that that prev marriage cert went with I-130, and since I'm already past that stage I don't need it. Is that true? Am I ok or do I risk a checklist? If that document is needed, is there a way to call NVC to recall and resubmit my application? Look forward to hearing your responses!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Reqahmed said:

How long normally takes once they transferred case to supervisor after 8 weeks mark?  They asked for my name including spelling etc. Seems like they dnt have my information with them.

You will get your case&invoice number soonest since they are already asking for your name.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, newbie7007 said:

Hello All - I am the petitioner and I submitted my NVC documents on Friday, however realized that there's no place to provide the petitioner's civil documents (e.g. previous marriage/divorce certificate). There's only place for applicant's civil documents which we submitted, so we did not file it. I had read that that prev marriage cert went with I-130, and since I'm already past that stage I don't need it. Is that true? Am I ok or do I risk a checklist? If that document is needed, is there a way to call NVC to recall and resubmit my application? Look forward to hearing your responses!

Does anyone else know or received checklist for not uploading petitioner's previous marriage/divorce certificate? I don't want to resubmit unless I have to. please help!

Timeline

Hi Guys.

I received my NOA2 on 5/30/2018 and then the app updated on 6/14/2018 that it was sent to the NVC.

I called NVC today and they told me "your case is electronic and to call back the number and press option 5 (scan documents electronically?).

I'm on wait right now but what can I expect? What step of the process am I in?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aerkin said:

Hi Guys.

I received my NOA2 on 5/30/2018 and then the app updated on 6/14/2018 that it was sent to the NVC.

I called NVC today and they told me "your case is electronic and to call back the number and press option 5 (scan documents electronically?).

I'm on wait right now but what can I expect? What step of the process am I in?

wait a few weeks to get case# from NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have received update on uscis Site today your case was sent to department of state so is that confirm NVC received it ? 

So shall I update my timeline accordingly. 

Hi! Is it normal to receive just the affidavit of support invoice before the I’m able to pay the Iv fee

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Serrano101

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, tawakol said:

I have received update on uscis Site today your case was sent to department of state so is that confirm NVC received it ? 

So shall I update my timeline accordingly. 

No,it simply means your service centre has just sent out your case to the nvc. So next week,you can start calling NVC next week to know if they have received your case meanwhile it can take up to 6weeks for NVC to receive your petition from USCIS.

hi,

any news about cases numbers been assigned today???

------------

week 8 +  still no case#

NVC Received 04-25-2018

------------------------------------

each time i called diff answers

i ask for supervisor , rep said unfortunately no supervisor available to take your call

he put request for supervisor to call me back tomorrow 

will  see ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.