dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Aerkin said:

Hi Guys!

I received my NOA2 on 5/30 and the USCIS tracker updated and said my file was sent to NVC on 6/14.

I've been calling everyday and they have yet to receive it. Should I keep calling every day or is there a letter I should wait for?

Thanks

NVC doesn't send a notification for case received. Calling every day won't make a difference either. Call them once or twice a week. 

After they acknowledge that they have received your case, it takes another 6 to 8 weeks for them to enter it in their computer system (CEAC). Unfortunately, there is nothing fast or fun in this whole process. Just wait, wait and more wait....

Edited by ramesesthe2nd

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

4 minutes ago, Aerkin said:

Hi Guys!

I received my NOA2 on 5/30 and the USCIS tracker updated and said my file was sent to NVC on 6/14.

I've been calling everyday and they have yet to receive it. Should I keep calling every day or is there a letter I should wait for?

Thanks

When NVC receives the case, they don't notify us. 

My NOA2 was May 8th. I called NVC for the first time this week & said they received my case on May 14th. It could take up to 8weeks to be assigned for case #. 

🌷Came to US in the Spring of 2013 thru K-1 Visa🌷

Citizenship completed in the Summer of 2017

😊Applying for IR2😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Aerkin said:

Hi Guys!

Thanks

Call nvc tomorrow 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Muhammad sohail said:

I got my case number after 4week 

It was pivot case Islamabad embassy

I already got cc. waiting for interview. Islamabad embassy

6 hours ago, valentinasc said:

Hi Raiona, congrats!!!

may I ask how long did your vetting section 14 got to the consulate? Did u get a notification they received it in the Embassy? Thanks! 

Hey there,

I received a confirmation email from NZ Police Vetting 4 days after my request. It said "Your Visa request has been processed and emailed to the US Consulate".

I've heard that each Section 14 request is only valid for 3 months, so if your interview is after that time period you may need to re-request one.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone - I really need your help. On the CEAC website I have uploaded all the Affidavit of Support and Financial Evidence documents, including my W2s, tax returns, etc. The status shows "Uploaded", however when I am unable to click or view the documents that I uploaded. I am worried that even though it shows up as uploaded, none of my documents went through. 

The links for the Civil Documents I uploaded are active and fine, but not the Affidavit of Support/I-864/pay stubs documents. Did anyone else experience this? I am hesitant to submit given all the comments above on getting a checklist and having to resubmit and delaying the whole process. 

Please help!

Timeline

Hello everyone - I really need your help. On the CEAC website I have uploaded all the Affidavit of Support and Financial Evidence documents, including my W2s, tax returns, etc. The status shows "Uploaded", however I am unable to click or view the documents that I uploaded. I am worried that even though it shows up as uploaded, none of my documents will go through if I hit Submit. 

The links for the Civil Documents I uploaded are active and fine, but not the Affidavit of Support/I-864/pay stubs documents. Did anyone else experience this? I am hesitant to submit given all the comments above on getting a checklist and having to resubmit and delaying the whole process. FYI I haven't submitted yet. 

Thanks so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, newbie7007 said:

Hello everyone - I really need your help. On the CEAC website I have uploaded all the Affidavit of Support and Financial Evidence documents, including my W2s, tax returns, etc. The status shows "Uploaded", however I am unable to click or view the documents that I uploaded. I am worried that even though it shows up as uploaded, none of my documents will go through if I hit Submit. 

The links for the Civil Documents I uploaded are active and fine, but not the Affidavit of Support/I-864/pay stubs documents. Did anyone else experience this? I am hesitant to submit given all the comments above on getting a checklist and having to resubmit and delaying the whole process. FYI I haven't submitted yet. 

Thanks so much!

This is normal. You will be able to view the civil documents but not the other. Triple check to make sure everything is correct. Vertical/portrait mode with words read horizontally. Don’t submit all tax documents in one file. I have seen checklists for this as well. Good luck! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all I gt my case cc today scan date was 5th June and how

much time it will take to get interview date ? Islamabad embassy ???? 

1 hour ago, makrm said:

NVC recived: 04-25-2018

Just called now still no case # , supervisor was notify today and he told me it could take 6 weeks :blink:.

Anyone around the nvc recived  date above got a case# ?????

Thank you

Did you spoke to supervisor?

Timeline
1 hour ago, newbie7007 said:

27 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

This is normal. You will be able to view the civil documents but not the other. Triple check to make sure everything is correct. Vertical/portrait mode with words read horizontally. Don’t submit all tax documents in one file. I have seen checklists for this as well. Good luck! :) 

Thanks so much @C.A.R.!! A few quick questions:

(1) When you say "Vertical / Portrait Mode with horizontal words", you're essentially saying that if I have a landscape document, then I scan it such that I can read the words by looking at the screen, but the document is still in regular portrait mode correct?

(2) When you say don't submit all tax docs in one file -- the links asks for "FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURN OR TRANSCRIPT" - so if I don't include all the transcripts, then where to include them? In additional AOS docs? What if they look at the main link and the transcript is not there?

(3) I filed extension for my 2017 taxes, but have transcripts for the 2016, 2015, 2014. I show the extension form and the amount paid. hope that's enough.

(4) Any other tips?? Just want to make sure I do this right!

Edited by newbie7007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, newbie7007 said:

Thanks so much @C.A.R.!! A few quick questions:

(1) When you say "Vertical / Portrait Mode with horizontal words", you're essentially saying that if I have a landscape document, then I scan it such that I can read the words by looking at the screen, but the document is still in regular portrait mode correct?

(2) When you say don't submit all tax docs in one file -- the links asks for "FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURN OR TRANSCRIPT" - so if I don't include all the transcripts, then where to include them? In additional AOS docs? What if they look at the main link and the transcript is not there?

(3) I filed extension for my 2017 taxes, but have transcripts for the 2016, 2015, 2014. I show the extension form and the amount paid. hope that's enough.

(4) Any other tips?? Just want to make sure I do this right!

I can only speak from experience so I’ll do the best I can to answer your question. Keep in mind that there’s been a lot on inconsistencies with NVC lately and sometimes it’s best to call and receive clarity as well :)

1. When they open your document it should be vertical mode and being able to read the words horizontally on the screen. They will not flip or rotate a document to read it. This is what I received a checklist for.

2. I submitted 2017, 2016, 2015 tax returns in one file and they left a note stating they would not accept all tax documents in one file and yet... they accepted it ( like I said, inconsistent.) Maybe someone else on here can provide you with more clarity on that or call and ask how they would like you to submit them.

I do know that you definitely should submit your W2 and any other financial evidence in separate files in the additional documents section. Make sure they are labeled correctly and leave comments. 

3. That should be enough. I amended my taxes this year (filed status incorrectly the past 3 years) and just showed my proof in the additional docs section and it was all

approved. 

I hope this helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.