aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, UnitedStatesGuy said:

Real quick since you mentioned: She was given an SSN a couple years ago when she was here as an opair, but we've assumed so far that it is no longer valid, so we have left it off of forms... Are we correct in doing so do you think?

I honestly have no idea if it's in any way valid, but I do know that your SSN will never change. I would have included it in the forms, but I don't know if you can use it for bank accounts and whatnot (as in, if you're breaking the law if you do). It probably wouldn't hurt to go to your bank and provide them the receipt for I-485 and the old SSN and ask their opinion though, just mention that the SSN was issued under a different status and she's now adjusting to permanent resident. Just a thought 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, killadocg23 said:

Well, my EAD got approved today. Exactly 6 months June 28-Dec 28. I wonder if they would send me a combo card. Is it ok to travel on the work permit ?

Congrats! Did you submit a case inquiry? And did they approval arrive in mail or email?

Edited by hoangthaihuy

1 hour ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Congrats! Did you submit a case inquiry? And did they approval arrive in mail or email?

Hi,

i did submit case inquiry but that was just last week and it wasn’t assigned to anybody. I also spoke to my congressman’s office last week but Idk if that influenced it. Hopefully my interview will be soon 

6 hours ago, hoangthaihuy said:

Well, I just checked the website and apparently my expedite what I submitted last week was reviewed by an officer today and said it was approved today. So Idk lol. I just requested an expedite since it was taking so long and one week later It was looked at by an officer and got the EAD approved. 

Hello!

Any June 2018 filers already receive their marriage interview notices, especially anyone from Atlanta, GA? 

According to USCIS, we can't submit a renewal for EAD more than 180 days before the original EAD expires, so looks like we need to renew sometime in April (hubby got EAD sometime in late October). 

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/employment-authorization-document 

Edited by Andy1991

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, haven't been on here for awhile but just wanted to update for those of you that has helped me!

So from my previous posts, you guys know that my work permit was taking more than 6 months and I have requested for expedited service through both USCIS and my congressman. However, even reaching out, I never received any assistance.

On Dec 11 2018, I got a notification regarding my green card interview and it was scheduled for today (Jan 15, 2018). Then on Jan 11, 2018 I got another notification telling me that my EAD card was being produced (literally only 4 days before my green card interview). Anyways, the interview was this morning and it went really well. The immigration officer we had was awesome and I honestly had a great time talking to her. Just prepare all supporting documents and RELAX. So now I'm waiting on to see which one (work permit or green card) comes in first.

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me and good luck!

On 1/15/2019 at 5:09 PM, Rilo0918 said:

hey guys, haven't been on here for awhile but just wanted to update for those of you that has helped me!

So from my previous posts, you guys know that my work permit was taking more than 6 months and I have requested for expedited service through both USCIS and my congressman. However, even reaching out, I never received any assistance.

On Dec 11 2018, I got a notification regarding my green card interview and it was scheduled for today (Jan 15, 2018). Then on Jan 11, 2018 I got another notification telling me that my EAD card was being produced (literally only 4 days before my green card interview). Anyways, the interview was this morning and it went really well. The immigration officer we had was awesome and I honestly had a great time talking to her. Just prepare all supporting documents and RELAX. So now I'm waiting on to see which one (work permit or green card) comes in first.

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me and good luck!

Congrats!!!! What's your PD date? And also if you don't mind asking, what state are you from? I wonder if for marriage interview cases, if it varies by state...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 7:03 PM, Andy1991 said:

Congrats!!!! What's your PD date? And also if you don't mind asking, what state are you from? I wonder if for marriage interview cases, if it varies by state...

It absolutely varies, not just by state, but by each individual field office. I'm not the person you're asking, but my interview was 5.5 months after my PD (July 3rd I think), and the time, my field office processing times were 5.5 to 8 months. Some field offices take a minimum of a year. What's your field office? 

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

After i submitted a case inquiry (i was over the processing time for EAD) i finally got a reply (on the very last day) - status changed to "Card/ Document Production " 

This changed only for EAD case #, so i wonder if i should submit a separate inquiry for the Travel Document? I thought that they are issuing only one document that is both EAD and Travel. Does anyone know how that works? 

Beside that, my AOS case is still in the "Ready to be schedule for interview", since August 2018! I am in Chicago, not sure if this is normal to have it so long in this stage.. 

Timeline

One day later AoS case status changed to "Interview was scheduled"! Didn't get the notice yet so not sure about the interview date, but it is interesting how it moved as soon as they looked at my EAD case inquiry. Hope it is not too long now.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

EAD and AP card received! 

Also received the interview date - March 18th. They sent it to my old address, even though I changed it back in August and the address change is clearly in their system! But my problem now is that i can't attend on March 18th as i will be traveling. I called them and put in a rescheduling request, but the officer said it takes 15-30 days to reply to a request, which is at my interview date! And from what i am reading, they can actually reject my request to reschedule! I hope that won't be the case... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.