Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, vRace said:

Just a little Off topic question  if anyone knows:

I just got the GC in July 2019 but i am living in the US under TN visa for the last 3 years. 

For US Citizenship, does the time spent in US under TN Visa count as well?

Someone told me you can count that time to qualify for US Citizenship as i was physically in US (30 months in 5 years). Is that correct?

You can just google this simple question. The answer is NO. https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/educators/naturalization-information#eligibility_reqmts

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, vRace said:

User Name         EB2/EB3     Case Complete     Interview Date

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill              EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                 EB2                16-Dec                  Mid June

SuperY                   EB3               03-Jan-19             Mid June

NB90                      EB3               27-Dec                   03-June

May2019               EB1               01-Feb-19             Mid June

lombardi                EB3               06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB3              16-Feb-19            17-July

IK27                        EB2              26-Feb-19             16-July 

dnvnlee                  EB2              27-Feb-19             16-July

polar2018              EB2              28-Feb-19             19-July

GottaLoveCalif      EB2             14-Mar-19             26-July

BurBur                    EB2              15-Apr-19              23-Sep

sadee                     EB3               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Shaik                      EB2               17-Apr-19              27 -Sep

elcampesino         EB3                25-Apr-19               Waiting

shurix                     EB3                29-Apr-19               Waiting

Daniel2014            EB2                30-Apr-19               Waiting

Man2Man              EB3                1-May-19                Waiting

RangersWife         EB?                10-Jun-19               Waiting

can2us_                 EB2                21-Jun-19              15 OCT ( follow to join)

Norderilman          EB3               26-Jun-19               Waiting

Shenn110              EB2              28-Jun-19              27-Sep (Not the CA embassy, Does not count)

CycleSS                  EB3               26-Sep-19               Waiting

Hi all, just added my entry if you do not mind.  I guess it is a hit or miss with people adding to the stats given the jump from June to September.  Good luck and congrats to all that have seen the light at the end of the long tunnel.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, CycleSS said:

Hi all, just added my entry if you do not mind.  I guess it is a hit or miss with people adding to the stats given the jump from June to September.  Good luck and congrats to all that have seen the light at the end of the long tunnel.

My interview date is Nov 12. Please add it on the timeline. One question, is it OK to be in the consulate early even interview scheduled at 0930, will they send us back if we reach early at consulate. Please advise me. Thanks

Timeline
6 hours ago, sadee said:

My interview date is Nov 12. Please add it on the timeline. One question, is it OK to be in the consulate early even interview scheduled at 0930, will they send us back if we reach early at consulate. Please advise me. Thanks

Hi Sadee, it is my understanding that if you show up more than 30 minutes in advance for an appointment they turn you away.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, BurBur said:

Yes, that's correct. You can always get a more recent clearance to have a stronger case I think.

Hi Burbur

My visa interview time is 0900, how early I can be there at consulate, if I go very early will they turn me back? Please reply.

Timeline
2 hours ago, sadee said:

Hi Burbur

My visa interview time is 0900, how early I can be there at consulate, if I go very early will they turn me back? Please reply.

Hi Sadee, 

Visajourneys' info on the US Consulate in Montreal states "Arrive exactly 30 mins prior to your interview. Any earlier and security will turn you away. They hold your electronics so advise anyone waiting for you this may take up to 3 hours." in the Aditional Info at the bottom of the link below.

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Montreal 

I can not find proof from a government website but know that my wife was turned away when she went early for her H1B visa stamp a few years back.  Many people have posted that they arrived early (before the doors open) but they stated they had appointment times that were soon after the 7:30am doors open time.

Reviews:
https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Edited by CycleSS

6 hours ago, sadee said:

Hi Burbur

I don't think they turn people away. In our experience the check-in lady just have a list of interviewees on her ipad. And then she found us and checked us in. If you have a reason to go early, then I'll say go for it. Worst case, they ask you to come back a little bit later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/27/2019 at 2:38 PM, sadee said:

Hi Sadee! Did you get a notification about the change of US consulate Montreal location? Just read this today https://m.facebook.com/U.S.CGMontreal/?tsid=0.6845981040906992&source=result

Timeline
43 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Hi Sadee! Did you get a notification about the change of US consulate Montreal location? Just read this today https://m.facebook.com/U.S.CGMontreal/?tsid=0.6845981040906992&source=result

Thanks so much for that KartineeKartoons.  So weird that it is not prominent on the consulate webpage (just a link to the tweet?).  Very curious if they clearly notified Sadee and others.  That would be a shock if found out day off.  Fortunately they are two metro stops away.  Wow.

4 hours ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Thankyou very much, they did not notify me.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sadee said:

Thankyou very much, they did not notify me.

Really?!  I hope people who have appointments will be able to see this post. I know this is their official fb page but try to e-mail the consulate to verify it. 

5 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Really?!  I hope people who have appointments will be able to see this post. I know this is their official fb page but try to e-mail the consulate to verify it. 

1155 rue St. Alexandre
Montréal, Québec H3B 3Z1. Is it their address? 

5 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

I will email them

Timeline
59 minutes ago, sadee said:

1155 rue St. Alexandre
Montréal, Québec H3B 3Z1. Is it their address? 

I will email them

Yes that’s the current address but the new post today says they are moving Nov 12 

https://ibb.co/BrLKGjR

Edited by KartineeKartoons

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.