Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

Okay, the Mandamus is going to be for the group.  Anyone interested in the Mandamus route, please DM me the following ASAP:

1. Name

2.  Which state you are moving to

3.  Type of Immigrant Visa

4.  DQ Date

5.  Field of employment

6.  Confirm Montreal is Consulate

7.  E-mail address

The lawyer is Sarah S. Rama.  She is based out of Florida.  Sounds like this is going to be pro bono.  She is working on her pleadings and will work on additional facts as we go.  She will be filing in each districts court that each of us are moving to.

Okay slight change in plan...Sarah feels that it would be best if we all did our own mandamus suit after we chatted again this evening since everyone will be a bit different.  Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!  She is going to start by filing a notice of intent to file on my behalf and giving Montreal 30 days to respond to her notice.  If they do not respond, she is going to them file the mandamus.  She is happy to file a notice of intent to file for anyone else who is interested, but they must be willing to follow through with the mandamus suit.  She also said everyone else is welcome to wait and see what happens with mine before they decide what to do.  She is also happy to send e-mails to the consulate to start building a case...she has e-mailed them multiple times about my case and has received no response.  The mandamus is $5000 - 6000 flat rate, but if there are several of us doing this, the rate will go down as she will be able to more or less use the same template.  She does not charge for the e-mails to the consulate or for the notice of intent.  I have given her my go ahead.  If anyone wants Sarah's assistance her e-mail is sr@ramalaweu.com.

9 minutes ago, 3LabMom said:

Okay slight change in plan...Sarah feels that it would be best if we all did our own mandamus suit after we chatted again this evening since everyone will be a bit different.  Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!  She is going to start by filing a notice of intent to file on my behalf and giving Montreal 30 days to respond to her notice.  If they do not respond, she is going to them file the mandamus.  She is happy to file a notice of intent to file for anyone else who is interested, but they must be willing to follow through with the mandamus suit.  She also said everyone else is welcome to wait and see what happens with mine before they decide what to do.  She is also happy to send e-mails to the consulate to start building a case...she has e-mailed them multiple times about my case and has received no response.  The mandamus is $5000 - 6000 flat rate, but if there are several of us doing this, the rate will go down as she will be able to more or less use the same template.  She does not charge for the e-mails to the consulate or for the notice of intent.  I have given her my go ahead.  If anyone wants Sarah's assistance her e-mail is sr@ramalaweu.com.

I got DQed last month, I guess I would not be able to join

Timeline
4 minutes ago, David San said:

I got DQed last month, I guess I would not be able to join

Reach out to Sarah...I don't know if there is a DQ date she had in mind at all as interviews don't have any hard and fast rules as to when they are required to provide an interview date by.  Instead, it's more or less scheduling them in a reasonable amount of time.

13 hours ago, 3LabMom said:

Thanks, I will send her an email to get a feel on what she think the next step is!

I did write to my lawyer to check if we can initiate mandamus as well. She is checking with other collegues to see what is happening to other mandamus that are being filed. Meaning whether they are dismissing the case or getting positive response. Hopwfully, they will decide to file. Fingers crossed.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:32 AM, F2J_March said:

I did write to my lawyer to check if we can initiate mandamus as well. She is checking with other collegues to see what is happening to other mandamus that are being filed. Meaning whether they are dismissing the case or getting positive response. Hopwfully, they will decide to file. Fingers crossed.

Keep us all posted! 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:03 PM, 3LabMom said:

Just had a Zoom chat with her, really like her enthusiasm and professionalism, personally I am going to wait a few more months, and get the process started in November when my case is nearing the one year mark, if MTL is still dragging their feet. But interested in hearing the progress of your case to the extend that you're able to share publicly! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ALC said:

Just had a Zoom chat with her, really like her enthusiasm and professionalism, personally I am going to wait a few more months, and get the process started in November when my case is nearing the one year mark, if MTL is still dragging their feet. But interested in hearing the progress of your case to the extend that you're able to share publicly! 

Awesome!  She is very enthusiastic, which is so refreshing.  I will keep everyone posted on my progress or at least as much as I can share.  I am hoping there is some good news sometime in July!

Timeline
Just now, ALC said:

Which step are you currently at?

We are filing the notice of intent on Monday, which gives them 30 days to respond from what I understand.

Hi all. So glad found this thread. 

My EB-1C I-140 was approved on April 18th 2022. The I-140 was filled out for Consular Processing. 

We have not yet received the welcome letter from NVC - almost 2 months now. Our Attorney has also not received any notifications.

We live in Canada, but the I-140 (form) section where it states which consulate to interview at was left blank by our attorney. They do not think that will be an issue, as by default NVC will send it to Montreal as we are Canadian PR and the address listed on the I-140 application is our Canadian address. 

We called NVC (before they shut down the phone help lines) and they had not yet received our case from USCIS.

We called USCIS and they said they will have to check and call us back in a month !!

Just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this kind of situation and any suggestions what to do to receive the NVC welcome letter.

Reading the long queues to get ILs in Montreal already gives me the jitters. And now just wasting time waiting for the welcome letter  ☹️ !  

1 hour ago, JustHopeful said:

Hi all. So glad found this thread. 

My EB-1C I-140 was approved on April 18th 2022. The I-140 was filled out for Consular Processing. 

We have not yet received the welcome letter from NVC - almost 2 months now. Our Attorney has also not received any notifications.

We live in Canada, but the I-140 (form) section where it states which consulate to interview at was left blank by our attorney. They do not think that will be an issue, as by default NVC will send it to Montreal as we are Canadian PR and the address listed on the I-140 application is our Canadian address. 

We called NVC (before they shut down the phone help lines) and they had not yet received our case from USCIS.

We called USCIS and they said they will have to check and call us back in a month !!

Just wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this kind of situation and any suggestions what to do to receive the NVC welcome letter.

Reading the long queues to get ILs in Montreal already gives me the jitters. And now just wasting time waiting for the welcome letter  ☹️ !  

Just curious, if you have applied under EB1-C, and most folks would have already been working in the States at that point, wouldn't AOS be easier (maybe faster)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.