Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

If it's any consolation, it seems like they've been continuously accelerating EB processing for the past year, reaching approx. pre-pandemic rates in April. May data should be out soon as well.

The graph below also shows Warsaw which I'm considering transferring to.

eb-visa-stats.png

Edited by montreal-eb3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Exactly @ALC! Maybe their plan is to flush out all the FBs now and that might take another 6 rounds of letters to get to a backlog free state (assuming they do 3 months in each round). But you’re right, if they could just communicate what the plan is, that would be super helpful and be a lot less frustrating. At this point unfortunately we just don’t know their plan.

This theory makes sense because Family Preference is tier 3 while employment based is tier 4….

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, VA21202 said:

FB got letters today (saw one up to Oct 21 2020). Congrats @204! I remember you were active here, back when EB and FB moved together very slowly at MTL. Good luck to you :)

Do you know the date range for the ILs sent out to FB today?

2 minutes ago, LMIV said:

Do you know the date range for the ILs sent out to FB today?

DQ Aug-Oct 2020. Interviews to be held between July 22-29.

This is the forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719462-f2a-category-montreal-interview-pending/page/38/#comments

Edited by VA21202

19 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

DQ Aug-Oct 2020. Interviews to be held between July 22-29.

This is the forum: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719462-f2a-category-montreal-interview-pending/page/38/#comments

According to the routine last month, the MTL probably will not issue ILs to EB this month again. Hope I am wrong. 

On 6/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, 3LabMom said:

Hi All - I spoke to my lawyer and she is reaching out to the only lawyer she feels would file a lawsuit against Montreal.  She will get back to me sometime Monday/Tuesday as to whether or not he feels we have a case.  I have also asked if those who had a company file on their behalf can join as well.  I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks for your efforts. Any updates from your lawyer? 

12 minutes ago, LMIV said:

Thanks @VA21202.  I am still holding on to a glimmer of hope that by some miracle they fill a few open spots with EB in July...but yeah, looking like August for our next EB batch.  SO brutal.

Yes, I hope you get it soon! Let’s hope for a nice surprise from MTL and I wish you get the letter as soon as possible. They owe you this after two rounds of March letters!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, montreal-eb3 said:

I think since November 2021 they no longer use the tiered approach: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/visa-services-operating-status-update.html.

This announcement is misunderstood on this thread. 

the guidance to posts for the prioritization of consular services during the pandemic issued in November 2020 has been rescinded.”

This refers to the guidance to the consulates given in November 2020 to prioritise immigrant visas over non immigrant visas.

The tiered approach was not instructed until sometime in 2021, I think March or April 2021, so it is not referring to that.

Nonetheless, 2 year waits are inexcusable. The consulate needs to get their act together…

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.