Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

definitely. dept state has prioritized  issuance of visas of healthcare workers from 4 embassies i believe london manila somwhere in the middle east. i forgot the other one. thats why processing in manila is faster for eb3 healthcare workers and thats why im interested in tranfering my consulate to manila. i will be wasting time im montreal.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Sorrel @LMIV or anybody in this thread have any luck with getting a response from Montreal after sending them an email?  I sent them an email on Friday May 6th ( 11 days ago) and have yet to get a an actual response,  just the automated one.  Anybody try contacting them via the public inquiry form?  Any suggestions ?  This is frustrating.  

41 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

@Sorrel @LMIV or anybody in this thread have any luck with getting a response from Montreal after sending them an email?  I sent them an email on Friday May 6th ( 11 days ago) and have yet to get a an actual response,  just the automated one.  Anybody try contacting them via the public inquiry form?  Any suggestions ?  This is frustrating.  

41 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

I sent the email on May 3rd, 2022, and on May 10th, received IL from NVC, and on May 13th, 2022 received actual reply from Montreal Consulate regarding May 3rd, 2022 email.  Not sure if this was just coincidence, because the email on May 13th, indicated that they noticed that I had already received an interview date. Hopefully LMIV will receive positive news in the next couple of days.  Our fingers are crossed!

Timeline

Sorrel, mind taking one for the team and during your interview politely asking them WHAT THE * is going on, and why EB is getting the shaft.

I understand EB ranks low, but there are a lot of family reunification cases in this category, so their logic is a little flawed.

Only kidding of course, but I wonder how much the powers that be, realize the results of their actions - or in this case, lack there of.

10 hours ago, raisins said:

Sorrel, mind taking one for the team and during your interview politely asking them WHAT THE * is going on, and why EB is getting the shaft.

I understand EB ranks low, but there are a lot of family reunification cases in this category, so their logic is a little flawed.

Only kidding of course, but I wonder how much the powers that be, realize the results of their actions - or in this case, lack there of.

I have often thought of asking that of others, and would love to help, but I am afraid of getting the dreaded DS-5535 the next day for saying something that might offend the CO!

11 hours ago, raisins said:

Same question as you, why EB is getting the shaft.

39 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

I have often thought of asking that of others, and would love to help, but I am afraid of getting the dreaded DS-5535 the next day for saying something that might offend the CO!

Yup, Raisins was only kidding. Focus on getting in and getting out safely. You asking them at the interview will not really help in anyway, you’ve waited too long for this so save yourself :)

Gosh June 29 feels so far away though! I hope we see two full rounds of month end letters before your interview! 

12 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Yup, Raisins was only kidding. Focus on getting in and getting out safely. You asking them at the interview will not really help in anyway, you’ve waited too long for this so save yourself :)

Gosh June 29 feels so far away though! I hope we see two full rounds of month end letters before your interview! 

It does seem so far away!  We just got our Police Certificate  done for the fourth time!  Our Certificate was good for another year but our lawyer saw a case where the person was denied because it was expired even though they say on the web site that it is good for two years.  So we felt it was better to be safe than sorry.  We have our Medical on June 1st, so they have enough time to get it to Montreal.  And just hope that the stars align and everything goes smoothly on the 29th.

17 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

It does seem so far away!  We just got our Police Certificate  done for the fourth time!  Our Certificate was good for another year but our lawyer saw a case where the person was denied because it was expired even though they say on the web site that it is good for two years.  So we felt it was better to be safe than sorry.  We have our Medical on June 1st, so they have enough time to get it to Montreal.  And just hope that the stars align and everything goes smoothly on the 29th.

Nice! Yup I have done the same and just received mine. Better safe than sorry as you said, all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It’s great that you have ample time to prepare and get medicals well ahead of the date! Good luck with the rest of the prep!

Nice! Yup I have done the same and just received mine. Better safe than sorry as you said, all we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It’s great that you have ample time to prepare and get medicals well ahead of the date! Good luck with the rest of the prep!

Thank you very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, raisins said:

I didn’t know this. If the object is family reunification, why don’t the EB applicants in question apply under family category?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Spouses may not be PRs/citizens. 

So how does family reunification come in?

Is it siblings/ parents etc who are US citizens, and since Family Preference category takes longer, they apply through EB?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.