63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JayeBird said:

I see that you are OK now.  Good luck! 

Thanks so much!

13 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Having your fiancee there really helps your case. I'm sure you two will be approved ^_^

Thank you so very much. You have truly made my day!

Timeline
4 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Thanks so much!

Thank you so very much. You have truly made my day!

Hi Ana, I had some more questions lol, did you bring the confirmation page from when you paid the visa fee online, to your interview and to your medical exam? Or did you get another kind of official letter from the embassy with the appointment date on it? For the medical exam, do they give you the option to select the date to come in or will they give you a date based on the date of your interview? We scheduled his interview  for 11 days out (June 7, 2018), but once we submitted the medial appt form, it didn't give us any information on what we should expect when they respond to us in 2 business days.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

Having your fiancee there really helps your case. I'm sure you two will be approved ^_^

Hi Ana, I had some more questions lol, did you bring the confirmation page from when you paid the visa fee online, to your interview and to your medical exam? Or did you get another kind of official letter from the embassy with the appointment date on it? For the medical exam, do they give you the option to select the date to come in or will they give you a date based on the date of your interview? We scheduled his interview  for 11 days out (June 7, 2018), but once we submitted the medial appt form, it didn't give us any information on what we should expect when they respond to us in 2 business days.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Yes bring the confirmation page that you got when you scheduled the interview.  However, I am going to suggest that you the push the interview date out a little bit more so you can have the 10 days in between the medical and the interview.  Because you will just give yourself more headache getting an approval and then having to wait until the embassy receives the medical.  Andrews memorial will respond with a date and time for the medical so prepare for a quick turnaround.  Best of Luck.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

Yes bring the confirmation page that you got when you scheduled the interview.  However, I am going to suggest that you the push the interview date out a little bit more so you can have the 10 days in between the medical and the interview.  Because you will just give yourself more headache getting an approval and then having to wait until the embassy receives the medical.  Andrews memorial will respond with a date and time for the medical so prepare for a quick turnaround.  Best of Luck.

Okay great, thank you!

Timeline
3 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

When you go to the medical you should bring a copy of your appointment date for the embassy interview as well as your confirmation page for the DS-160. I honestly cannot remember which he took but I'm almost certain it was the appointment letter you get via email for the embassy interview. There will also be fields on the medical exam sheet for you to fill out that will require your case number and (IDR TBH) the petition number (I-129F). The hospital does not allow you  to choose your date. They will reply via email within 1-2 business days with a date for you to come in. It's first come first served so try to have your fiance get there as early as he can. If he is from the eastern parishes (Westmoreland, Hanover, Montego Bay, etc) when he goes in and speaks with the person at the US medical front desk  he should advise them of that. I think they give you can earlier number based on how far you're traveling from.

I think you should to change that interview date just to be really safe (it's not a must) but he's probably going to get a date for next week and that might not be enough time for his medical to get to the embassy. The week of the 18th should be better. Also, have you asked him to get his immunization card ready and go over all the vaccinations he has received prior?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

When you go to the medical you should bring a copy of your appointment date for the embassy interview as well as your confirmation page for the DS-160. I honestly cannot remember which he took but I'm almost certain it was the appointment letter you get via email for the embassy interview. There will also be fields on the medical exam sheet for you to fill out that will require your case number and (IDR TBH) the petition number (I-129F). The hospital does not allow you  to choose your date. They will reply via email within 1-2 business days with a date for you to come in. It's first come first served so try to have your fiance get there as early as he can. If he is from the eastern parishes (Westmoreland, Hanover, Montego Bay, etc) when he goes in and speaks with the person at the US medical front desk  he should advise them of that. I think they give you can earlier number based on how far you're traveling from.

I think you should to change that interview date just to be really safe (it's not a must) but he's probably going to get a date for next week and that might not be enough time for his medical to get to the embassy. The week of the 18th should be better. Also, have you asked him to get his immunization card ready and go over all the vaccinations he has received prior?

Thank you for this! Sadly, I've already booked my flight and wouldn't have been able to take off from work for another 4-5 weeks if I didn't book for the first full week of June, so if they give him a date that's too close to the actual interview, I'll have to live with it having to being processed a little longer. I don't want to have to wait for AP to be completed, but I think as long as this interview gets done, I'll be completely satisfied, I just miss him so much and it sucks to have keep hurrying up and waiting :(. He will be traveling from Hanover so I'll let him know to tell them. I think today is a Labor Day in JA so I don't expect to hear from them until Monday or even Tuesday since Monday is a US holiday. I'll email a list of our case and receipt numbers so that he can print them out and take them with him.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Thank you for this! Sadly, I've already booked my flight and wouldn't have been able to take off from work for another 4-5 weeks if I didn't book for the first full week of June, so if they give him a date that's too close to the actual interview, I'll have to live with it having to being processed a little longer. I don't want to have to wait for AP to be completed, but I think as long as this interview gets done, I'll be completely satisfied, I just miss him so much and it sucks to have keep hurrying up and waiting :(. He will be traveling from Hanover so I'll let him know to tell them. I think today is a Labor Day in JA so I don't expect to hear from them until Monday or even Tuesday since Monday is a US holiday. I'll email a list of our case and receipt numbers so that he can print them out and take them with him.

You should hear from them by at least Friday. Monday's US holiday won't affect the hospital (luckily). It will work out ^_^. What about his immunization card?

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

You should hear from them by at least Friday. Monday's US holiday won't affect the hospital (luckily). It will work out ^_^. What about his immunization card?

Thank you :D! He got his immunization card from his mom a while back  when we first started getting things on that list on the DOS website, so we should be all set there. I'll double check with him to make sure, better safe than sorry!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Thank you :D! He got his immunization card from his mom a while back  when we first started getting things on that list on the DOS website, so we should be all set there. I'll double check with him to make sure, better safe than sorry!

Ok, just go over his immunization card with him to ensure that he's up-to-date with all of these vaccines or he will need to get them before his medical. If he waits til his medical it will be much more expensive there:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Influenza Type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  • Pneumococcal [My doctor had stated that this was not needed based on my age. I think it is needed for those over the age of 65]
  • Influenza

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaUmo said:

Ok, just go over his immunization card with him to ensure that he's up-to-date with all of these vaccines or he will need to get them before his medical. If he waits til his medical it will be much more expensive there:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Influenza Type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  • Pneumococcal [My doctor had stated that this was not needed based on my age. I think it is needed for those over the age of 65]
  • Influenza

Wow, thank you for this whole run down! How do we know if it's up to date? Would it show like a series of shots for it? I've gotten these same shots as a baby and then again in grade school and again before I went to college here in the US, but I don't know how it works lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, JDK2018 said:

Wow, thank you for this whole run down! How do we know if it's up to date? Would it show like a series of shots for it? I've gotten these same shots as a baby and then again in grade school and again before I went to college here in the US, but I don't know how it works lol

On his immunization card you will see the dates of when he received the shots. Mine weren't up to date (Thanks a lot family <_<) so when I went to the doctor and showed him the card he gave me a run down of what I needed to get. I would advise just doing a simple doctor visit and having them go over his immunization for the ones he's not sure of. He can visit a local clinic if he wants to as well. It will show a series of shots and booster shots. Also, he has to get the exact shot that's specified. My doctor didn't have anymore DTP shots so he suggested substituting it with the DTap shot but when I did my medical they were very strict about the vaccines so I had to pay them for the DTP shot. Also after his medical he's going to get a sheet of paper that will like a new immunization card because once he leaves Jamaica he will need that as proof of his immunization shots instead of the little card you would get as a baby in Jamaica. He must keep that safe and secured and take it with him when he leaves the country.

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
3 hours ago, AnaUmo said:

On his immunization card you will see the dates of when he received the shots. Mine weren't up to date (Thanks a lot family <_<) so when I went to the doctor and showed him the card he gave me a run down of what I needed to get. I would advise just doing a simple doctor visit and having them go over his immunization for the ones he's not sure of. He can visit a local clinic if he wants to as well. It will show a series of shots and booster shots. Also, he has to get the exact shot that's specified. My doctor didn't have anymore DTP shots so he suggested substituting it with the DTap shot but when I did my medical they were very strict about the vaccines so I had to pay them for the DTP shot. Also after his medical he's going to get a sheet of paper that will like a new immunization card because once he leaves Jamaica he will need that as proof of his immunization shots instead of the little card you would get as a baby in Jamaica. He must keep that safe and secured and take it with him when he leaves the country.

Perfect! I took a look at the card and it looks like everything is up to date. I'm going to still have him head to the docs though just to be sure. I'll have nice place for him to put all of his important documents in once he arrives here. That way he'll have a "go to" place for whatever he needs it.

Thank you so much again for all of your help!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On May 22, 2018 at 3:09 PM, JDK2018 said:

This is perfect, thank you so much! I sent them an email last Thursday and never received a response from them, now that I know this, I'll be sure to put the case number in the subject line!

As for the ceac website it just says "No Status" and to contact the embassy. It's so annoying lol.

Do you have your KNG ID number?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Do you have your KNG ID number?

Yup, I finally used that number to check the status of our case and it said it was ready. We're all booked for interview and ready to go! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.