Sad.wasi

I 751 was transferred to nbc lees summit MO

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello guys , today i recieved a mail from uscis that my i 751 was transferred to nbc lees summit MO ... does any one has an experience with this office and what month or year they are currently processing?,  any help would be highly appreciated..... 

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We got the same notice a few days after my wife’s N400 interview where we also had a combined I751 interview.  We received the I751 approval NOA about a month later.  If read through the ROC section, there are several folks in the same boat.  Did you file the N400 as well?

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

We got the same notice a few days after my wife’s N400 interview where we also had a combined I751 interview.  We received the I751 approval NOA about a month later.  If read through the ROC section, there are several folks in the same boat.  Did you file the N400 as well?

Good Luck!

Yes i did but my n 40p is at saint paul ...so your case was transferred to lees summit mo as well ? 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Sad.wasi said:

Yes i did but my n 40p is at saint paul ...so your case was transferred to lees summit mo as well ? 

Well, honestly, I am not completely certain if it ever was actually sent to NBC in Missouri.  My wife had her N400 interview in Detroit on April 10th, the IO asked me to come back and conducted a joint I751 interview with the both of us and she clearly had the I751 package in front of her.  Then I left and my wife proceeded with the N400 interview.  A day or two later we received the NOA saying the I751 was transferred to the NBC in Missouri (the N400 was recommended for approval at the interview and subsequently approved awaiting for an oath to be scheduled).  A month later the I751 was approved, but I am not sure if it actually went to NBC or if the Detroit office processed it.  Doesn't really matter though as the oath has been scheduled and the end if the immigration journey is near.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Well, honestly, I am not completely certain if it ever was actually sent to NBC in Missouri.  My wife had her N400 interview in Detroit on April 10th, the IO asked me to come back and conducted a joint I751 interview with the both of us and she clearly had the I751 package in front of her.  Then I left and my wife proceeded with the N400 interview.  A day or two later we received the NOA saying the I751 was transferred to the NBC in Missouri (the N400 was recommended for approval at the interview and subsequently approved awaiting for an oath to be scheduled).  A month later the I751 was approved, but I am not sure if it actually went to NBC or if the Detroit office processed it.  Doesn't really matter though as the oath has been scheduled and the end if the immigration journey is near.

what happened in your situation based on how I understand the process to work is  The detroit office conducted the interview for both cases but the service center normally adjudicate the 751 so what happened is the field office thought your 751 was now approvable and sent it to lees summit so they can adjudicate it and send out the approval etc and they continue work on your oath however they aren't able to process the oath and stuff in their system until lees summit has actually adjudicate the 751. Lees summit is  just the location for NBC all cases for an interview must go there to be prepared and merged with other applications such as n400 for them to send to local office and must return after the interview. The NBC in this instance did what the VSC or CSC would have done if the case was approvable to them at first and afterwards they will just put your file in NRC (records center) which is in the same location as the NBC their just underground. Oppose to have to send your files back to the original service center CSC or VSC to get the 751 approved then back to NRC. Their system is a bit complex and also they have a certain set of software they use to update the systems or approve cases which the main ones the Service center has and the local office don't necessarily have all these software. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, nywestq said:

what happened in your situation based on how I understand the process to work is  The detroit office conducted the interview for both cases but the service center normally adjudicate the 751 so what happened is the field office thought your 751 was now approvable and sent it to lees summit so they can adjudicate it and send out the approval etc and they continue work on your oath however they aren't able to process the oath and stuff in their system until lees summit has actually adjudicate the 751. Lees summit is  just the location for NBC all cases for an interview must go there to be prepared and merged with other applications such as n400 for them to send to local office and must return after the interview. The NBC in this instance did what the VSC or CSC would have done if the case was approvable to them at first and afterwards they will just put your file in NRC (records center) which is in the same location as the NBC their just underground. Oppose to have to send your files back to the original service center CSC or VSC to get the 751 approved then back to NRC. Their system is a bit complex and also they have a certain set of software they use to update the systems or approve cases which the main ones the Service center has and the local office don't necessarily have all these software. 

Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought.  I was a bit surprised that I never received a notice that the file was moved from CSC to either Detroit, or the NBC, but not worth worrying about it at this point. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

Thanks, that is pretty much what I thought.  I was a bit surprised that I never received a notice that the file was moved from CSC to either Detroit, or the NBC, but not worth worrying about it at this point. 

thats USCIS for you some people don't even know it was ever sent not to mention some of the field offices that have the files in storage forgetting to ship them out and have alot of people waiting for 2 years and the NBC cannot locate these files until a thorough search has been done its crazy but alot of system upgrades and changes happening now 

Timeline

Thank you for your helpful answers , if thats the case of meged applications , then they should have send it to saint paul mo where my n400 is being processed, yea? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have the same situation. But my case is little different. I filed a divorce within 2 years of conditional green card and filed i-751 in Dec-2016. My case was in VSC and received RFE in Jan-18. Replied back in Feb-18. Now I received notice saying that my case is moved to NBC at Lee's Summit, MO in April-28. Since then no update from USCIS. If I check online, it says my case has been moved to local office. Would anyone help me to understand how things are working with i-751 related to location and time?

1 hour ago, Montu.developer said:

Hi,

I have the same situation. But my case is little different. I filed a divorce within 2 years of conditional green card and filed i-751 in Dec-2016. My case was in VSC and received RFE in Jan-18. Replied back in Feb-18. Now I received notice saying that my case is moved to NBC at Lee's Summit, MO in April-28. Since then no update from USCIS. If I check online, it says my case has been moved to local office. Would anyone help me to understand how things are working with i-751 related to location and time?

No one knows for sure whats happening with all these transfers. People have theories. 

But like most of us waiting is the answer (unless you are out of processing time since you said you applied to VSC)

Timeline

The most crazy thing about my case being transfeto nbc leems summit mo is that there is nobody else has been transferred there with their i 751..i did research alot about the processing of i 751 but couldnt find a single damn post about it 

37 minutes ago, Sad.wasi said:

The most crazy thing about my case being transfeto nbc leems summit mo is that there is nobody else has been transferred there with their i 751..i did research alot about the processing of i 751 but couldnt find a single damn post about it 

many of us have been transferred there 

Timeline

I am already out of processing time. I inquired USCIS and they mentioned they knew about time and they were doing their best. 

I met a lawyer yesterday to check on the case and he mentioned that it is probably due to an error that the case is being sent to NBC. i-751 is never sent to NBC till last year unless they change process this year.

I am in same boat like you. Just have to wait for the local office to adjudicate my case. 

Does anyone know how much time it take to adjudicate case once case is moved to local office?

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, Montu.developer said:

Hi,

Did you have an interview after the RFE? My case was sent to NBC to schedule interview. wondering if you also had one and how long did it take them to sent you the date? Thank you

Timeline

Hi AH&JH

My case actually has been transferred to another location not local office. I guess it is NBC. No update yet since April 18.

When did you apply? Was your case was Good Faith too? When did you get your interview scheduled and what date?

Your answer will be helpful.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.