Sad.wasi

I 751 was transferred to nbc lees summit MO

51 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2020 at 1:11 PM, samoak78 said:

Hello There, 

I got notified that my case was transferred after my N400 I-751 combo interview. When I called the 1-800 USCIS number I found out that my application is in Lee's Summit Missouri. I 751 submitted on Dec 26, 2017. N400 filed on Feb 9th 2019. Combo interview on Dec 20, 2019. My I 751 got transferred to NBC Lee's Summit Missouri on  Dec 26, 2019. So far no updates on the N400. Has anyone had such an experience ? Please advise. 

The officer told me I will getting Oath invite but no updates on the N400. I passed the N400 English and civics test and me and my wife interviewed for I 751 

before the N400. Not sure what's going on...

Thank you. 

Any update your your case?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 2:15 AM, fouzimedfouni said:

Hi everyone, did anyone of you was his i751 approved and got the approval letter, then his file transferred to CSC/NBC/VSC..etc for more reviewing?? And still waiting for the actual card!? 

Hello, I have the same timeline with yours. How long It take them to get back to you after the transfer to nbc?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Our ROC case is finally completed. After two years of conditional residence, we filed for ROC in November 2017, then in February of 2019, since nothing happened and we had absolutely no word from it, we filed the N-400 for naturalization. The naturalization interview took place in late August. The naturalization interview was completed successfully, but the case could not be closed and the naturalization approved until the ROC was finalized. Fortunately, they called and requested the dossier to be sent from Laguna Nigel, where it had rested stagnant, and it was sent onward to Lee's Summit.

After many months of complete silence, suddenly all of our remaining approvals happened overnight. On St. Valentine's Day, the condition was removed, and the physical green card was printed. Automatically on the same day, we received news from naturalization that the N-400 was approved and we were in the queue for the Oath of Citizenship, and today 2/22/2020 the Green Card arrived in the mail. Just one more step--the Oath ceremony--and our Visa Journey is done. They said it would be scheduled within ninety days.

Overall, so far, it was slower than normal, but not as slow as we feared it might be. The Lee's Summit portion took five and a half months. We feared it would be over a year. There was no interview and they did not ask for any additional information.

I hope that this helps someone in a similar position, who is locked in this waiting mode without any news from any source. That silence--not even having any time frame to expect--was the worst part of it.

Edited by jaske78

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, Gboyeg said:

Any update your your case?

Hello, my case submited Nov-2018.  I filed N400 on Jan-15-2020 then next Jan-29-2020 my I751 was transferred to NBC Lee Missouri.  I'm still waiting update from that time.

My N400 interview is next Apr-13-2020, so I can expect that a combo interview can be possible.  The notice of transfer state that my case was only moved "as part of USCIS's standard processes", but assuming that I need I751 be approved before Naturalization Oat, I will go with my husband, so the Office can decide if wish combo interview, so I can finish this stressful long waiting!  Hope this note can clarify and calm our stress jejeje.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, JackieCastillo said:

Hello, my case submited Nov-2018.  I filed N400 on Jan-15-2020 then next Jan-29-2020 my I751 was transferred to NBC Lee Missouri.  I'm still waiting update from that time.

My N400 interview is next Apr-13-2020, so I can expect that a combo interview can be possible.  The notice of transfer state that my case was only moved "as part of USCIS's standard processes", but assuming that I need I751 be approved before Naturalization Oat, I will go with my husband, so the Office can decide if wish combo interview, so I can finish this stressful long waiting!  Hope this note can clarify and calm our stress jejeje.

Hi Jakie,

plz avd if u get any update after reschedule due COVID19 closing? and r ur applying in CA or in which state? Thanks 

from San Francisco, CA  

N-400

Received 11/2019

SERVICE CENTER NBC "National Benefits Center" Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Biometric 12/2019

* last update on USCIS website

As of December 4, 2019, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you.

I-751

Received 11/2018

Biometric 05/2019

Green Card Exp: 1/2019

18 moths extension end on 7/2020

* last update on USCIS website

On January 27, 2020, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office"National Benefits Center" Lee's Summit, MO. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. 

P.S.

- Never received that instructions notice that explains why my case moved , I did followed by online request, Email and phone calls but NO respond.

• 2 years later...
On 2/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, jaske78 said:

Our ROC case is finally completed. After two years of conditional residence, we filed for ROC in November 2017, then in February of 2019, since nothing happened and we had absolutely no word from it, we filed the N-400 for naturalization. The naturalization interview took place in late August. The naturalization interview was completed successfully, but the case could not be closed and the naturalization approved until the ROC was finalized. Fortunately, they called and requested the dossier to be sent from Laguna Nigel, where it had rested stagnant, and it was sent onward to Lee's Summit.

After many months of complete silence, suddenly all of our remaining approvals happened overnight. On St. Valentine's Day, the condition was removed, and the physical green card was printed. Automatically on the same day, we received news from naturalization that the N-400 was approved and we were in the queue for the Oath of Citizenship, and today 2/22/2020 the Green Card arrived in the mail. Just one more step--the Oath ceremony--and our Visa Journey is done. They said it would be scheduled within ninety days.

Overall, so far, it was slower than normal, but not as slow as we feared it might be. The Lee's Summit portion took five and a half months. We feared it would be over a year. There was no interview and they did not ask for any additional information.

I hope that this helps someone in a similar position, who is locked in this waiting mode without any news from any source. That silence--not even having any time frame to expect--was the worst part of it.

I'm glad I found this ROC post because this is exactly what happened to us - N400 interview done with a pending I751 at LIN - while we passed the N400 interview, an oath taking is pending, because of the pending I751 at LIN Nebraska.

1 month after the N400, 1751 case status showed that it was moved to another jurisdiction. It turns out it was moved to NBC instead of our local office for the N400. Seemed disjointed and quite disappointing for us because it didn't make sense, because the N400 immigration officer's word after congratulating us for passing the N400 interview was that my A-file just need to be requested for their review.

Finding your post is reassuring. Now its again back to waiting for NBC's slow slog, the memories of our super crawling AOS process with NBC comes back, and setting expectations not hear from them until near the expiry of the I-751 NOA extending the green card validity for 24 months (and that is 12 months from today) is good for our mental health 😆

Merry greetings to everyone in the thread who is celebrating the season, thank you for being here.

Cheers,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.