Linafay

May 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello everyone. I noticed that there was not a May one open for this process. My NOA2 date is 5/8. Please feel free to comment what you know about this process because I dont have a clue! :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Prettyface35 said:

In my case it took almost three weeks to get to the NVC stage. I called once a week to get my case number an IIN number

Geez. I heard they are behind. Do you know how the interview is set up? My fiance is from Cameroon, but he has lived in Thailand for 5 years now. Will they send him to the one in thailand or cameroon?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**post moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports where similar posts are discussed.

If you are looking for a May filers post, you will find it in this part of the forum

On 5/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, Nika211 said:

There actually is a may thread already

Can you post the link?

I can't seem to find it and want to follow.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:42 AM, C-ma'am said:

**post moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports where similar posts are discussed.

If you are looking for a May filers post, you will find it in this part of the forum

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

probabl bcouldnt find because name is wrong

2 hours ago, Nathan&Mary said:

Hi,

can anyone tell me if you get notified when the NVC have your case number ready? Or do you have to call them?

thanks 

They will mail you when it goes to transit, if you want to learn before that you will need to call.

• 4 weeks later...

Grrrrrrr, I'm impatient and need to vent.

Been "ready" at embassy (Montreal) since May 30th. 

I was going to send packet 3 without them telling me to do so but they sent me an email before i could blink stating not to send packet 3 or schedule the interview (like they read my crazy mind or something🤔)....

Status on CEAC showed a status update on June 5th so I'm hoping that maybe that was them emailing me the package. 

So now I'm waiting with everything ready so it will take me 4.2 seconds to respond when they do send P3. 

I can just FEEL the few interview dates in July already booked. Going cuckoo🙃☺🙃☺🙃☺🙃☺

Received and sent Packet 3 today after waiting 15 horrendous days for it to come.

I'll drink alone (y'all are too quiet)!

Cheers to me! 🎉🍻

13 minutes ago, a-n-s said:

Congrats, getting so close! Did you receive the Packet 3 by mail or email?

Both. 

My embassy (MTL) had sent me the auto email just days after they received it stating I must wait and not send them P3 or schedule the interview until further notice. So I was frustrated as so many others a few weeks ahead of me at my embassy had auto sent their P3's and had immediately received P4. 

A cpl of days ago I had sent just an inquiry to them asking how long the wait was to receive P3 (as their website states nothing). Today I got lucky and the inquiry line sent me an email response and the P3 via email at the same time. And when I got home the P3 package was in the mailbox.

Interestingly, enclosed was also a copy of my original I129F package. Just the application pages though (not the relationship evidence or supporting documents) except for my petitioner's criminal court records as I suppose they will be disclosing the charges to me at the interview. Not like i have not seen those records before but kind of funny though as I have read that they cannot disclose the names of plaintiffs and such at the interview but I was sent all of the criminal records disclosing everything. Did not expect that.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Both. 

My embassy (MTL) had sent me the auto email just days after they received it stating I must wait and not send them P3 or schedule the interview until further notice. So I was frustrated as so many others a few weeks ahead of me at my embassy had auto sent their P3's and had immediately received P4. 

A cpl of days ago I had sent just an inquiry to them asking how long the wait was to receive P3 (as their website states nothing). Today I got lucky and the inquiry line sent me an email response and the P3 via email at the same time. And when I got home the P3 package was in the mailbox.

Interestingly, enclosed was also a copy of my original I129F package. Just the application pages though (not the relationship evidence or supporting documents) except for my petitioner's criminal court records as I suppose they will be disclosing the charges to me at the interview. Not like i have not seen those records before but kind of funny though as I have read that they cannot disclose the names of plaintiffs and such at the interview but I was sent all of the criminal records disclosing everything. Did not expect that.

Hey! When you get P4, will you update here with interview dates still available in MTL? Haven't seen a report of dates in awhile! Thanks sooo much an congrats!!

1 hour ago, sumbunny said:

Hey! When you get P4, will you update here with interview dates still available in MTL? Haven't seen a report of dates in awhile! Thanks sooo much an congrats!!

If the admins will allow it, absolutely!

And me neither. Last I heard a couple of weeks ago it was 4 appointments on Wednesdays only and they were booking the last three Wednesdays in July.

I'll post as soon as I know. Stay tuned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.