68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Update 5/22/2018

The Info Pass appointment was not really helpful and I got a separation letter from my company stating that I was terminated due to my work authorization and as long as I can receive my EAD card in 2 months, they'd rehire me.

I did my 2nd biometrics appointment today (tho it was scheduled May 30th). The supervisor at the field office noticed that my 2nd biometrics appointment didn't have my A number on. She was very nice to email to her USCIS contact person and asked them to correct that mistakes.

And my case finally got updated, stating that it's ready to schedule an interview.

I"m going to call USCIS tomorrow to request for EAD expedition for two reasons: Financial loss and USCIS mistakes.

And if the expedition is not enough, my husband will write to the congressman (who seems to be publicly supporting immigrants). 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update 5/31/2018

So my attorney and I filed for EAD expedition via phone calls (5/25/2018) and express mail (5/31/2018). I got a referral number and was told that USCIS should respond within 5 working days but don't check back until 30 days later if nothing was received. 

I'm nervous whenever I saw posts on VisaJourney or Facebook group where some cases took forever and the fact that the processing time kept being pushed back. 

But I'm hoping to get mails or emails from USCIS to request evidence in the next few days. Fingers crossed!

Timeline

Update 6/8/2018

I had been so nervous these days because after my case showed that USCIS has sent a response to me regarding my expedition request (05/30/2018), I didn't receive anything or hear from them until today (6/8/2018). I received a mail asking me to submit evidence for the expedition request, which I'm going to prepare a package of a letter of explaining my situation including the list of proof, termination letter, explanation with chances of being rehired if I can obtain my EAD before July 21st, loss of medical insurance, and my husband's remaining loans. 

If anyone recommends any templates for the EAD expedition request evidence submission, please send them my way. And interestingly I gave the office 2 reasons for expedition but they only asked for the evidence of loss of employment.

The expedition request took longer than I thought to process (Call on 5.25, online update 5.30, receive RFE 6.8). I'll mail out the evidence next Monday (6.11), which should arrive at USCIS in 2 days. Hopefully everything goes well after that. 

Wish me luck!

Edited by NancyLyz
Adding extra details

Timeline

Update 6/12/2018

As I sit and wait for the fax to be sent out, my nerves don't seem to calm down. After consulting with the attorney, I'm sending out following documents as evidence to expedite my EAD request: 

1. USCIS letter requesting evidence
2. Biometrics appointment completed receipt+Applicant Information Worksheet
3. I-765 Notice of Receipt
4. Employment Separation Notice+Exit Interview Check List
5. Payroll service Termination Notice
6. Medical Coverage Ending Notice
7. Notice of Right to Elect COBRA Coverage 
8. Two email notice notifying Employment termination due to expiring Work Authorization
9. Explanation regarding the Payroll service company and my actual employer

I'm hoping for the best. Please please please approve my expedite request and let me get my EAD card soon. 

Edited by NancyLyz

Timeline

Update 6/19/2018

A week after sending out my evidence, I received the same updates I received on 5/30/2018, which ended up asking for evidence. I'm not sure whether this means they approved, rejected, or asked for more evidence. But let's hope for the best. I think based on some other posts I've read, if it's approved, in a few days it should show new card being produced. If not, then I should either receive a rejection notice or a request for more evidence. But either way, it's good that at least they responded. Wish me luck!! 

• 06/19/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 19, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxx, was completed.

• 06/19/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 19, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxx.

• 06/19/2018
    sign_icon.png

On June 19, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxx, was assigned to an officer for response.

"

Edited by NancyLyz

Timeline

Update 6/25/2018

I received a notice saying my expedite request is under review on 6/24/2018, and then this morning, my card is being produced!

I'm just a bit like whatever since they haven't approved my I-131 yet. But I'm not in a hurry to travel back home so I'll just wait.

I'm guessing in a week or two I should get my card and I can finally get back to work!

Meanwhile my case is still showing "ready to be scheduled interview" (it has been like this since 5/21), and I-131 has not been approved yet.

But I'm so happy now. I'm literally crying.

On 6/25/2018 at 10:27 AM, NancyLyz said:

Update 6/25/2018

I received a notice saying my expedite request is under review on 6/24/2018, and then this morning, my card is being produced!

I'm just a bit like whatever since they haven't approved my I-131 yet. But I'm not in a hurry to travel back home so I'll just wait.

I'm guessing in a week or two I should get my card and I can finally get back to work!

Meanwhile my case is still showing "ready to be scheduled interview" (it has been like this since 5/21), and I-131 has not been approved yet.

But I'm so happy now. I'm literally crying.

Your I-131 was most likely approved as well and will arrive as a combination card. It should say "Serves as advanced parole" along the bottom. Most of the time, the I-131 doesn't update at all. I got the combo card and the I-131 still says, "Case Received". And then a whole month AFTER I got the card, my I-765 updated to, "Card Delivered". :P

Timeline
11 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Your I-131 was most likely approved as well and will arrive as a combination card. It should say "Serves as advanced parole" along the bottom. Most of the time, the I-131 doesn't update at all. I got the combo card and the I-131 still says, "Case Received". And then a whole month AFTER I got the card, my I-765 updated to, "Card Delivered". :P

Ah that makes sense, thank you! Just to confirm with you, 5 days after your Combo card is in production, you received the combo card in mail?

1 minute ago, NancyLyz said:

Ah that makes sense, thank you! Just to confirm with you, 5 days after your Combo card is in production, you received the combo card in mail?

Correct, but it was also over a weekend so two days don't count as "business days". I thought it was going to take a whole 7 days but I believe they send it Priority, which is average 2-4 days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mushroomspore said:

Correct, but it was also over a weekend so two days don't count as "business days". I thought it was going to take a whole 7 days but I believe they send it Priority, which is average 2-4 days.

Cool! Hopefully I will get my card early next week then. 

Timeline

Update 6/28/2018

Today in the afternoon, my case has updated to "we mailed your card". My tracking number shows that my EAD will arrive on Saturday. I'm planning to change the names on my social security card and to renew my Driver's license. I don't know whether DMV needs to see my new social security card or when they'll be able to verify the name change with the social security office. But anyhow, first thing next Monday is to visit a local social security administration office and after that maybe visit a DMV directly on the same day, just to confirm whether I have to wait. 

In addition, I'll probably need to add additional notes to my passport that I've changed my last name (it only applies to Chinese citizens since last names can't be changed on a Chinese passport), which seems to be an easy process as long as I can get all the documents.

I may change social media information as well but I'm not sure yet. I only use LinkedIn and Facebook. I don't use them that often anyway.

11.5-25.5 months for Los Angeles Office

8-18.5 months for San Bernardino Office

I've gotten no clue which field office I'll be assigned but hopefully asap.

Thank you all for following. I'll keep posting updates whenever I get one. Love you all. My husband has found my post quite interesting because this is like reading my diary to him lol.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Goto infopass link put your zip code. That is your field office.

Hopefully you can start working after the 4th :).

My own expedite is near complete. Good job being proactive.

13 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

Update 6/28/2018

Today in the afternoon, my case has updated to "we mailed your card". My tracking number shows that my EAD will arrive on Saturday. I'm planning to change the names on my social security card and to renew my Driver's license. I don't know whether DMV needs to see my new social security card or when they'll be able to verify the name change with the social security office. But anyhow, first thing next Monday is to visit a local social security administration office and after that maybe visit a DMV directly on the same day, just to confirm whether I have to wait. 

In addition, I'll probably need to add additional notes to my passport that I've changed my last name (it only applies to Chinese citizens since last names can't be changed on a Chinese passport), which seems to be an easy process as long as I can get all the documents.

I may change social media information as well but I'm not sure yet. I only use LinkedIn and Facebook. I don't use them that often anyway.

11.5-25.5 months for Los Angeles Office

8-18.5 months for San Bernardino Office

I've gotten no clue which field office I'll be assigned but hopefully asap.

Thank you all for following. I'll keep posting updates whenever I get one. Love you all. My husband has found my post quite interesting because this is like reading my diary to him lol.

Which specific area are you in? If you're in the actual city of Los Angeles, you'll be in the LA office. San Bernardino's east of here and at least an hour's drive (maybe more, I can't remember). If you're not in the city, you're either in the SB office or the LA County office (that's different from the LA office).

PS: Still waiting for my interview! It's been in the LA office for almost 3 months now. 

Edited by mushroomspore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.