1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Saaniya said:

Kind of curious to know did anybody receive case numbers today.  Please update here.. it helps others to stay motivated. Thank you. 

Hello,

I received a case number and invoice number via email this morning. NVC receive date was April 13th, 2018. Good Luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, The C&J said:

Hello, it was some time last week. When did you request yours? Do you have a case number already?

The 17th. No, I don’t have a case # yet unfortunately. But was told that I should receive it on or before next Thursday.

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

12 hours ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Hi! This is what happened to me besides contacting that email. Mine petition was approved by NVC on February 28 and NVC officially received the petition on March 14, on April 27 I call and they told me they just got the petition today. After calling several times I found out that March 14 was the non-pivot department receipt while April 27 is the day NVC transferred the petition to pivot department. This is bad luck cause you need to wait at least 8 more weeks (if not more) from the day NVC pivot department receives your petition!!

So I am sure your petition is now in the pivot department today and you need to wait 8-10 weeks from today.

This is truly frustrating! Your analysis makes sense. I have asked them to report my case to a supervisor!

Did you try that?

13 hours ago, jesserz said:

I had something similar happen!

I had called every day and they told me they received my case on March 23rd. Every single time. For almost 8 weeks. Then, one day she said "call back and dial option 5" and they told me they received it on May 11th! Which is so so so wrong! Did you get them to "elevate your case?" They did that for me and the next day, we got a case number.

So you're not alone!

Thanks for sharing. I have followed your advice and asked them to elevate my case. I hope things go well!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
40 minutes ago, TER said:

let me know when u receive the interview date.

Hey of course. I got CC on May 23 now waiting for interview date and time. 

What about you? did you got CC yet?

17 minutes ago, A.Ali said:

This is truly frustrating! Your analysis makes sense. I have asked them to report my case to a supervisor!

Did you try that?

I think I did, when I called first time since I was insisting that cannot be possible the representative asked me if I wanted to report it to a supervisor, doubt they do anything but doesn’t really matter to me now. I just hope they assign a case and invoice number soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rkb23 said:

Hi, status changed to “At NVC”...Does that signify a CC? How long will it take to get interview date for non-pivot case? Thanks everyone, this timeline sure gives me a lot of information and hope to push through 

Yes it means CC. Congrats! I submitted my docs 1 day after you so I hope that means a CC for me too soon! It all depends on how busy your embassy is for when you'll get an interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Norway said:

Yes it means CC. Congrats! I submitted my docs 1 day after you so I hope that means a CC for me too soon! It all depends on how busy your embassy is for when you'll get an interview.

Hi, did you check it here? https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and before that it always said, submit requested documents?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.