1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Pooh23 said:

it sounds about right however I spoke to my lawyer and he mentioned that if person sponsoring me my husband files federal income tax separately and my mother in law who's sponsoring me have high salary way surpassing required limit and stay in same house then I-864a is not supposed to be filed. I'm just little confused however I really don't know much it is really confusing 

Let me know what your agent have to say.

Thank you 

I am confuse too lol. So I was reading that I-864a instruction and I found this. 

image.thumb.png.cc69d607e597e8949757f52e39c173ee.png

Timeline
On 5/5/2018 at 6:33 PM, Seniorachen said:

I know it is confusing, mine is still on process as well... may  I ask since you are waiting to pay Iv fee what says in your action required when you check your ceac: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

What is your action required, says on yours? Just confuse on mine...

Sorry for the late response. 

Screen shot.png

Timeline
18 minutes ago, TGP said:

I called the NVC on Feb 28, to ask if there was any progress with our case. The polite agent told me that they had received our application

on Feb. 27, and within TWO WEEKS, we would get a case number.

Our immigration Lawyer called the NVC on Friday May 04 to ask why we had not received a case number to date.

Today, after 9 weeks and 6 days, I awoke to an email stating that we had been given a case number.

Congratulation. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lousiaC said:

Can any one tell below info:

in petitioner information section:

do we need to put here mailing adress or physical adress? As both are different

Petitioner's home address is the U.S.  Mailing address is when they specify so if both addresses are different,indicate specifically

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nurse1015 said:

They gave him the 221g paper and only thing checked was ap. They emailed him ds 5535 so we filled it out and sent it back. I guess we just wait?

So sorry about this,the Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants after interview(Form 5535) is for visa applicants from MUSLIM countries to undergo extreme vetting which was initiated by the Trump Administration last year.

At this point in time,all you can do is to wait,pray and remain patient because there's nothing you can do to speed up the AP. 

Edited by Abies

Case was sent to NVC on 5/4, am waiting patiently for NVC to actually receive our case so I can request an expedite. How long does NVC usually take to receive your file after status online actually gets sent?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NatalieB said:

Case was sent to NVC on 5/4, am waiting patiently for NVC to actually receive our case so I can request an expedite. How long does NVC usually take to receive your file after status online actually gets sent?

1-6weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, TGP said:

I called the NVC on Feb 28, to ask if there was any progress with our case. The polite agent told me that they had received our application

Our immigration Lawyer called the NVC on Friday May 04 to ask why we had not received a case number to date.

Today, after 9 weeks and 6 days, I awoke to an email stating that we had been given a case number.

Congrats, and thanks for the update.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Abies said:

So sorry about this,the Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants after interview(Form 5535) is for visa applicants from MUSLIM countries to undergo extreme vetting which was initiated by the Trump Administration last year.

At this point in time,all you can do is to wait,pray and remain patient because there's nothing you can do to speed up the AP. 

Thanks for the info. Yea unfortunately its all a waiting game. It sad because we are really good people, no history or anything. We are just so tired and want to be together.

Hi u guys, my case shows sent to NVC April 13th on the USCIS and last week I called NVC and found out they received my case on April 23rd. I still don't have case number/invoice number assigned yet and the NVC person who spoke to me didn't give any time frame. Should I try calling NVC again? How long does it usually take to get a case number? Thank u 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sara3 said:

Salut les gars, mon cas a été envoyé à NVC le 13 avril sur l'USCIS et la semaine dernière j'ai appelé NVC et j'ai découvert qu'ils avaient reçu mon cas le 23 avril. Je n'ai toujours pas de numéro de dossier / numéro de facture attribué et la personne de la CNV qui m'a parlé n'a donné aucun délai. Devrais-je essayer d'appeler à nouveau NVC ? Combien de temps faut-il habituellement pour obtenir un numéro de dossier? Merci 

Pivot cas 9 to 10 week and no pivot cas 4 to 6 week to have an cas and invoice number

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sara3 said:

Hi u guys, my case shows sent to NVC April 13th on the USCIS and last week I called NVC and found out they received my case on April 23rd. I still don't have case number/invoice number assigned yet and the NVC person who spoke to me didn't give any time frame. Should I try calling NVC again? How long does it usually take to get a case number? Thank u 

8-10weeks in your case(Pivot)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Pivot case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.