dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Though I’m still waiting to be contacted for Visa pick up.. please those that have picked up theirs in Lagos; what did you take along in order to collect back the passport ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 3:24 AM, MalRaz said:

@H&H. @MahiAS

Hey

Did you guys receive the interview letter in mail? or print out of the interview email is good enough for medical and interview? and what about the I-864 form, do I make my husband mail me the original signed form or just a print out of the scanned copy is good enough?

My husband printed out the email and took that to his medical. I haven’t received anything in the mail yet. 

I’m not sure about the I-864 form but I believe it’s better to bring the original signed one. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 6:21 AM, H-H said:

Hey guys!!! My visa got APPROVED!!!! :D:D

My husband had the spouse visa interview scheduled for yesterday, May 15, 2018 at 7:00 AM. I will spare you the details of how we got to the embassy as other people have explained the process in detail. I accompanied my husband to the interview. Once we were in the embassy, my husband was first called to the window for fingerprints and then second time for submission of tax documents, his birth certificate, marriage certificate, nikah naama, nikah naama translation, passport, and medical. The third time we were called to the window for interview. I went with my husband to the window. The visa officer asked my husband his name and then asked me who I am. Then she asked us both to take the oath. My husband had asked for a translator so the visa officer asked the questions in English and the translator asked the question to my husband in Urdu but my husband ended up answering all the questions in English directly to the officer. After asking me some questions like my name, who I was, the officer politely asked me to take a seat and said she needs to ask some questions to my husband alone and will call me if she needs to. The officer was really polite, smiling at us both the whole time and my husband, who was very nervous earlier, was feeling comfortable and confident while talking to the officer. I sat down and the visa officer started interviewing my husband. Some of the questions asked were:
1. What are you studying?
2. What does your wife do?
3. Who supports who financially?
4. Who does your wife live with in US?
5. When will you finish your current studies?
6. How long has it been since your wedding (exact number of years, months)
7.  How many people attended the wedding?
8. Is this a love marriage or arranged?
9. Who arranged it?
10. Who do you live with?
11. How do you both usually communicate with each other?
12. When did your wife come here? How long is her stay?
13. Were you previously married? Do you have any children?
14. You applied for a fiance visa before this? It got rejected? 
-My husband told her that yes, it was rejected and then we got married. She started smiling and said ok.
15. Asked my husband to show wedding album and pics.
-The wedding album was huge so she asked him to flip a few pages and say a lot of pics from the window.
16. Have you ever visited any country outside of Pakistan?

After this, the visa officer told him "Congratulations, your visa has been approved!" :jest::jest:ALHAMDULILLAH. We are both so happy and excited. Our status on CEAC changed to "ISSUED" this morning.
Tips:
Do not try to make up answers. If you don't know an answer, just tell the officer you don't know. Make sure your answers are straightforward and match what you put in your DS 260 and other forms.

@H&H @MahiAS @MalRaz @Beast333 tagging you guys as it might be helpful to you all. :)

That’s wonderful! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your experience! Wish you both a very happy life together 😊

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The police certificate that they ask for and need to bring to our interview, is it just the one from our home country or do we also need one from here in the US?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Robin1200 said:

Though I’m still waiting to be contacted for Visa pick up.. please those that have picked up theirs in Lagos; what did you take along in order to collect back the passport ? 

Tho you won't be asked to present any, just go with the white paper you were given and any ID card. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Esdubrov said:

What does the status mean when the status shows "Administrative Processing" after the interview and you have been approved?

Wait for a few hours for it to change to Issued. It just means they are validating everything and processing it. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

3 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

Wait for a few hours for it to change to Issued. It just means they are validating everything and processing it. 

Awesome, thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Laura lee 84 said:

We are approved! Thanks to God❤️ Thank you everyone for your prayers! Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up❤️

Congratulations

Congrats to all who got their visa approved. Its been awhile since I logged on....the request to expedite interview date was not approved. According to the US Embassy in Kabul they receive a lot of request and are not approving at the moment so I must wait for interview date to be given.... So I'm still waiting. CC on May 3.

Is there anyone else waiting?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Congrats to all who got their visa approved. Its been awhile since I logged on....the request to expedite interview date was not approved. According to the US Embassy in Kabul they receive a lot of request and are not approving at the moment so I must wait for interview date to be given.... So I'm still waiting. CC on May 3.

May you get an interview date soon :)

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Timeline
3 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

We got the CC on May 4 . . . waiting for the interview date . . . Don't worry it is almost over :)

PD  = 15 DEC 2016

NOA 1 = 21 DEC 2016

NOA 2 = JAN 2018

(AS PETITIONER WAS ON GREEN CARDS THAT IS WHY IT TOOK SO LONG)

NVC RECEIVED = 12 FEB 2018

CASE # ASSIGNED = 19 APR 2018

PAID AOS & IV FEE = 20 APR 2018

FEE DEDUCTED = 25 APR 2018

DS260/CIVIL DOCS/ AOS SUBMITTED = 26 APR 2018

WAITING FOR CC :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear all,

we are waiting for a cc - hopefully not a checklist. We didnt recently see any cc's between May 4th onwards for pivot cases. Are there any we are not aware of? Please share with us...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.