112 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the positive update.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, BrokenWings said:

Hey Folks -

Got another update yesterday. Got a notice that my case was evaluated primarily and transferred to VSC from CSC. The VSC office will adjudicate the case; they will let me know if any further document or interview is necessary. 

Looking forward-

Hey BrokenWings + others who are on the same boat,

I filed my i-751 with a divorce waiver in March 2018 (I didn't even have my divorce decree at that point), I got a RFE (obviously was expected and this actually bought me a lot of time for my divorce to get finalized) in Feb 2019 but my divorce also got finalized in Feb 2019. Sent my divorce decree along with RFE letter on March 8, 2019 and yesterday I got my 10-year green card in mail (came from NBC center aka Lees Summit MI). I also received a mail from CSC telling me that my case got approved and my green card is on way. But coincidently both mails arrived on the same day!

I primarily filed to CSC office, and I know they transfer file around sometimes but if you don't hear about your file being transfer from CSC to NBC center, there's a high chance of your case being approved without an interview (fingers crossed!). You're almost there. Good luck!!

On 3/29/2019 at 6:01 PM, avocado_o said:

Hey BrokenWings + others who are on the same boat,

I filed my i-751 with a divorce waiver in March 2018 (I didn't even have my divorce decree at that point), I got a RFE (obviously was expected and this actually bought me a lot of time for my divorce to get finalized) in Feb 2019 but my divorce also got finalized in Feb 2019. Sent my divorce decree along with RFE letter on March 8, 2019 and yesterday I got my 10-year green card in mail (came from NBC center aka Lees Summit MI). I also received a mail from CSC telling me that my case got approved and my green card is on way. But coincidently both mails arrived on the same day!

I primarily filed to CSC office, and I know they transfer file around sometimes but if you don't hear about your file being transfer from CSC to NBC center, there's a high chance of your case being approved without an interview (fingers crossed!). You're almost there. Good luck!!

My case got transferred to VSC Vermont SC from CSC. So this transfer means I will have an interview? @avocado_o

On 2/23/2019 at 2:33 PM, BrokenWings said:

Filed my case back in April 28, 2018 and around July 2018 I received 1st NOA with 12 months extension and around August received another NOA with 18 months extension. It has been almost 10 months till this February 2019 and no Bio metrics letter yet. When I did AOS, I had Bio metrics in 2 months after filing and from reading some other ROC posts I thought Bio metrics for ROC usually gets done in 2-4 months. Is it something I should be worried about not receiving biometrics appointment in 10 months?

I will travel abroad for 3 weeks in May-June. I am worried if I get interview letter in mail box and miss the interview. I will travel May 26 and will be back in June 18. Does interview notice letter give usually at least 30 days time from scheduled date? Or should I notify USCIS about my travel upfront? I wish I could ask my lawyers all these; but the way they have been charging me that is insane. I went Canada in December 2018 for 5 days and I asked if I can travel with NOA and expired GC. They charged me $400 to answer: *YES* 😭

400$ for answering that question????? OMG fire that attorney! he is milking you. Ask those questions here. Many members are pretty knowledgeable. Many of us traveled with extensions letters before and we could have saved you that money by sharing our experiences. 

Regarding your question, in my experience, they give you at least 3 weeks notice. Could you have someone check your mail while you are abroad just in case you get any notice?

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Timeline
18 hours ago, BrokenWings said:

My case got transferred to VSC Vermont SC from CSC. So this transfer means I will have an interview? @avocado_o

As far as I know, it is normal that they move around case file from one service center to another. Just because they transfer your file to CSC, doesn't mean that you will get an interview. One thing I learned though (from few other people's experience) is that they usually transfer file to NBC center if they think the case needs an interview or a RFE. I feel like CSC's process time is faster than other center, give some time and see what happens. Hope you get a good news soon!

4 hours ago, avocado_o said:

As far as I know, it is normal that they move around case file from one service center to another. Just because they transfer your file to CSC, doesn't mean that you will get an interview. One thing I learned though (from few other people's experience) is that they usually transfer file to NBC center if they think the case needs an interview or a RFE. I feel like CSC's process time is faster than other center, give some time and see what happens. Hope you get a good news soon!

@avocado_o Hi-- Since you got approved hence I am just curious about your provided evidences? Also you check my time line and see what evidences I provided. Any feed back welcome!

Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, BrokenWings said:

@avocado_o Hi-- Since you got approved hence I am just curious about your provided evidences? Also you check my time line and see what evidences I provided. Any feed back welcome!

I submitted below items as evidence:

● A copy of joint bank statement, both my husband and my name shown (we had 2 joint accounts).

● A void check from joint bank account, showing both names and the address.

● A copy of tax return form submitted jointly in 2016.

● A copy of lease agreement signed jointly when we were living together.

● A copy of eligibility and benefits information from our health insurance, showing my name under my husband’s health insurance plan.

● A copy of auto insurance, both of our names shown under the same policy number.

● A copy of cell phone bills shows 2 cell phones are under my husband’s.

And I also submitted with a cover letter explaining how long I've dated him before we got married (we dated for 6 years), explaining what caused our relationship fell apart and why I decided to get divorce, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 10:27 PM, BrokenWings said:

As I said before: I will keep my timeline continuously updated so that some of you can be helped. I sent out my I 751 package with Divorce waiver (Good Faith Marriage) on last Friday. Even though I hired one of most prominent lawyer of state of Texas, I suggest not to hire lawyer if you are confident and you know what was inside your marriage. My lawyer and his office did nothing but just fill the form and organize a cover letter; that 100 bucks max job cost me $2,500 unfortunately. Any way -- Here are summary:

Cover letter stating the materials inside, Copy of I 485 approval and Marriage certificate, My affidavit, copy of divorce decree;

Copy of Marriage counseling as proof of attempts to save marriage, 1 letter from marriage counselor, emails and text correspondence as proof of attempts to save marriage, letter copy sent to Ex in Law family;

Copy of evidences of Bonafide marriages- Joint Apt Lease, Joint utility bills (light and water), Joint 4 cars, Joint vehicle insurance, Joint 2 bank a/c, Joint 2 years tax return copy and transcripts, 12-15 pictures jointly and also with friends and family, Joint cell phone plan with Ex-law family, 3 sworn affidavits from friends and family (Nothing from Ex-Wife or from her family), ex-wife's employer provided spouse card, some joint purchases, I 94 of mine as a proof of visiting my ex-in law family and travel with ex-wife, Copy of Pet (3 dogs) papers. 

One big proof- MY RESPONSE TO HER DIVORCE NOTICE THAT SAYS ABOUT ALL DETAILS BETWEEN US! 

Some proofs of why we continuously had issues and arguments;

That's all I sent. I will keep update in this post about Bio metrics and all later details. Please keep me in pray and stay blessed. 

This is the summary of my case so far; I just checked today morning. I received an email from USCIS saying that they are still reviewing the case and no updates so far. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.35.29 AM.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, BrokenWings said:

This is the summary of my case so far; I just checked today morning. I received an email from USCIS saying that they are still reviewing the case and no updates so far. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.35.29 AM.png

I have an update. On May 29, 2019 USCIS sent case to Local Office. I guess that means my case right now is in USCIS office of my residing city. So most likely I will be called for an interview or so. 
At this point I am preparing myself for best and worst both part. In case USCIS denies my application (I highly doubt because my file is very clean and I provided enough evidences of bonafide relation) what can be my 1st step to appeal or refile?

thanks

I also filed with a waiver.

I sent my package to Phoenix, AZ on June 12th. They received it on June 17th, check cashed on 20th and text message with LIN*** case number received on the 21st.

Waiting on my extension letter... GC expires in November 2019.

6 hours ago, nash2vic said:

I also filed with a waiver.

I sent my package to Phoenix, AZ on June 12th. They received it on June 17th, check cashed on 20th and text message with LIN*** case number received on the 21st.

Waiting on my extension letter... GC expires in November 2019.

Thank you for sharing. Can you please provide us with what you sent in the package? Did you get help from an attorney, what were his opinions? I will be filing mine real soon.

8 hours ago, PolarPear said:

Thank you for sharing. Can you please provide us with what you sent in the package? Did you get help from an attorney, what were his opinions? I will be filing mine real soon.

First I wanted to file by myself. But later I hired an attorney (one of best in Texas state) coz my ex sent a letter to USCIS to cancel her petition and to withdraw her I864. She added some false info just to spice up her base and to get out of support. 

Any way- Attorneys won't make your evidences. All they do- they organize your evidences, fill the application and ask you to add a notarized affidavit about the relation in details. They added a cover later like a page. 

In my case, I organized my evidences- actually better than the lawyers- based on importance and time line. Also I prepared the cover letter with summary of all contents in file, and provided a nine page affidavit with relationship details. 

Regarding evidences- I sent Rental agreement, Joint light-Water-Internet bills, 2 years Joint tax returns with transcripts, 2 joint bank accounts, Joint ownership of 3 cars, Joint car insurance, Family Cell phone plan including her family, some pictures, Some texts and messages cautiously picked which supports my affidavit- our relation and the downfall, 2 letters from marriage counselors, 3 sworn affidavits from friends and family (none from her family coz I never wanted to ask any favor), Sams club spouse card since she was Sam's employee, several joint purchases -- basically these are all I can remember. 

I was pretty confident on my file; but later one lawyer ( not my lawyer) told me- Since she filed a negative report so this will be hard to overcome and you may get denied coz u have no real reason to stay here being divorced! Actually other than this, I submitted a genuine file. I was never the very right husband, and I don't claim that. But I loved her and I know how true it was. I am focusing on that part 🙏

25 minutes ago, BrokenWings said:

First I wanted to file by myself. But later I hired an attorney (one of best in Texas state) coz my ex sent a letter to USCIS to cancel her petition and to withdraw her I864. She added some false info just to spice up her base and to get out of support. 

Any way- Attorneys won't make your evidences. All they do- they organize your evidences, fill the application and ask you to add a notarized affidavit about the relation in details. They added a cover later like a page. 

In my case, I organized my evidences- actually better than the lawyers- based on importance and time line. Also I prepared the cover letter with summary of all contents in file, and provided a nine page affidavit with relationship details. 

Regarding evidences- I sent Rental agreement, Joint light-Water-Internet bills, 2 years Joint tax returns with transcripts, 2 joint bank accounts, Joint ownership of 3 cars, Joint car insurance, Family Cell phone plan including her family, some pictures, Some texts and messages cautiously picked which supports my affidavit- our relation and the downfall, 2 letters from marriage counselors, 3 sworn affidavits from friends and family (none from her family coz I never wanted to ask any favor), Sams club spouse card since she was Sam's employee, several joint purchases -- basically these are all I can remember. 

I was pretty confident on my file; but later one lawyer ( not my lawyer) told me- Since she filed a negative report so this will be hard to overcome and you may get denied coz u have no real reason to stay here being divorced! Actually other than this, I submitted a genuine file. I was never the very right husband, and I don't claim that. But I loved her and I know how true it was. I am focusing on that part 🙏

I'm in Texas too, what lawyer did you use? If you don't feel like saying it here, please message me personally. I'm looking for one too. 

I can't belive the lawyer told you that. One of the lawyers I spoke with ( I think he’s a very solid lawyer), he told me if my wife sends in a letter, they will believe the citizen. I said “what then?” He said, then we just have to prove her wrong. Its really a case by case scenario, you know? Even the lawyers don’t know the outcome. It really comes down the person handling the case on the other side. 

Yesterday got my extension letter.

It extends my GC from the expiration date in November.

Since the conditional GC was based on the marriage to US Citizen and now we are divorced, is it still valid and I can travel?

It's kind of confusing ...

The letter also says that this extension does not apply to you if your conditional status has been terminated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.