112 posts in this topic

As I said before: I will keep my timeline continuously updated so that some of you can be helped. I sent out my I 751 package with Divorce waiver (Good Faith Marriage) on last Friday. Even though I hired one of most prominent lawyer of state of Texas, I suggest not to hire lawyer if you are confident and you know what was inside your marriage. My lawyer and his office did nothing but just fill the form and organize a cover letter; that 100 bucks max job cost me $2,500 unfortunately. Any way -- Here are summary:

Cover letter stating the materials inside, Copy of I 485 approval and Marriage certificate, My affidavit, copy of divorce decree;

Copy of Marriage counseling as proof of attempts to save marriage, 1 letter from marriage counselor, emails and text correspondence as proof of attempts to save marriage, letter copy sent to Ex in Law family;

Copy of evidences of Bonafide marriages- Joint Apt Lease, Joint utility bills (light and water), Joint 4 cars, Joint vehicle insurance, Joint 2 bank a/c, Joint 2 years tax return copy and transcripts, 12-15 pictures jointly and also with friends and family, Joint cell phone plan with Ex-law family, 3 sworn affidavits from friends and family (Nothing from Ex-Wife or from her family), ex-wife's employer provided spouse card, some joint purchases, I 94 of mine as a proof of visiting my ex-in law family and travel with ex-wife, Copy of Pet (3 dogs) papers. 

One big proof- MY RESPONSE TO HER DIVORCE NOTICE THAT SAYS ABOUT ALL DETAILS BETWEEN US! 

Some proofs of why we continuously had issues and arguments;

That's all I sent. I will keep update in this post about Bio metrics and all later details. Please keep me in pray and stay blessed. 

1 hour ago, Waittrain said:

If your marriage is real, you should not worry much. You will get approval eventually. 

Our marriage was real and was a result of our love. But at last point, we both ended up in nasty divorce. Not much fights; but a lot verbal arguments. My ex wife ended up attempting to withdraw her affidavit of support application and in connection to that she said like whatever to immigration (in writing) so that she could unhook herself. We don't have any communication now; so I am on blind side regarding what she wrote. That is the only thing I am worried about. Rest all are good in my file. Lets see what comes up; I will update here. 

You seem to have plenty of evidence of entering the marriage in good faith without the extra things you call "proof."  Best of luck in the future. 

Any further updates do not start a new thread. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 10:27 PM, BrokenWings said:

As I said before: I will keep my timeline continuously updated so that some of you can be helped. I sent out my I 751 package with Divorce waiver (Good Faith Marriage) on last Friday. Even though I hired one of most prominent lawyer of state of Texas, I suggest not to hire lawyer if you are confident and you know what was inside your marriage. My lawyer and his office did nothing but just fill the form and organize a cover letter; that 100 bucks max job cost me $2,500 unfortunately. Any way -- Here are summary:

Cover letter stating the materials inside, Copy of I 485 approval and Marriage certificate, My affidavit, copy of divorce decree;

Copy of Marriage counseling as proof of attempts to save marriage, 1 letter from marriage counselor, emails and text correspondence as proof of attempts to save marriage, letter copy sent to Ex in Law family;

Copy of evidences of Bonafide marriages- Joint Apt Lease, Joint utility bills (light and water), Joint 4 cars, Joint vehicle insurance, Joint 2 bank a/c, Joint 2 years tax return copy and transcripts, 12-15 pictures jointly and also with friends and family, Joint cell phone plan with Ex-law family, 3 sworn affidavits from friends and family (Nothing from Ex-Wife or from her family), ex-wife's employer provided spouse card, some joint purchases, I 94 of mine as a proof of visiting my ex-in law family and travel with ex-wife, Copy of Pet (3 dogs) papers. 

One big proof- MY RESPONSE TO HER DIVORCE NOTICE THAT SAYS ABOUT ALL DETAILS BETWEEN US! 

That's all I sent. I will keep update in this post about Bio metrics and all later details. Please keep me in pray and stay blessed. 

I sent out the file April 21st, 2018. No NOA or Extension letter so far. It os almost 41 days I sent out the file through my lawyer. The USPS tracking said: It was properly delivered. I contacted my Banker about the money order status; that is not placed yet. Just wondering if waiver application for I-751 is taking this much time for just first NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the update.  Fingers crossed for you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello Folks: Today I received my NOA I787; It said File (i 751 with waiver) received date 04/30 and Notice date: 06/01. It seems like CSC is pretty much backed up with I751 - regular and waiver both cases. 

The notice said it extends my GC validity by one year and also mentioned I will be notified for BioMetrics through ASC if required. I don't know if BioMetrics is required for me because I already did once during AOS

This is the only update so far. My Lawyer said my file is pretty strong with all evidences and documents I provided; so she is expecting a good result through an interview. One other lawyer said there may not be an interview because of the supporting documents; and Another lawyer said: 90% chance I will be denied because I don't have any ground to stay here after divorce and on top of that my ex-spouse ill-intendedly complained against me. 

This is really a tough time; I really don't know what will come up. Keep me in pray; God bless you all. 

On 6/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, Damara said:

Currently many people are waiting for NOA /checks to be cashed. They seem to be backed up. Check/join the monthly filers thread for your month to see how others are progressing. Yes, they arent all waivers but it should still give you a good idea of how things are moving.

Hi damara; Can you please send me the link where I can see recent filers update? Specially the waiver cases.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Focus on what your lawyer and the "one other" lawyer had to say.  Keep the faith.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need to go for BioMetrics again? I did once during Adjustment of Status. Now do they need 2nd time for Condition removal? Coz I am planning to travel abroad; and I don't want to miss Biometrics appointment during travel time. 

2. I received a 120 days notice few days back reminding me for submission of I 751. In that letter they said (named) some documents like Joint lease, Joint property deeds, Joint tax filings, Joint Bank Accounts, Utility bills, Birth Certificate of Children etc to provide with the file. There they mentioned: "If you submit sufficient evidence to establish your GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE the service center director may waive the interview requirement.''
I provided almost everything except for BC of Children coz we did not have kids. Is the interview waiver is also applicable for WAIVER FILERS? or All waiver filers must go through the interview?

Regards

• 2 months later...

Hello folks---
I sent out my I-751 with divorce waiver in April last week and received NOA in June 1st week. No update so far; not even Bio Metrics letter. Even idk how I can check status updates since even USCIS status check website is not working. Usually how many days it takes from NOA date to receive Bio metrics letter? It is more than 60 days for me since I received NOA. In this pace, i really don't know how long it will take to get final decision!
Regards

• 1 month later...

Following this thread. As fate would have it, shortly after I was approved for my green card trouble started and eventually it all fell apart. My marriage was as real as the marriage of two scared people whose only wish was to be able to be together can be. We had a joint bank account but in terms of assets that was pretty much it.

I am confused as to how these cases get assessed - I know I have nothing to hide and that it was a marriage in good faith, but at the same time I feel like I lack the "proof" that is required. My husband and I split up on good terms as we have always been very good about communicating with each other and as soon as things started getting crazier than ever, it was clear that there was no way to save it - we've been through a lot and we've forgiven each other a lot, but not this time. So, we did not go to see a marriage counselor as our relationship and respect for one another has always been the most important thing and it was pretty clear we were losing that and no one felt like they should or could compromise any longer.

I'm not sure what type of proof could support any of that. I am still so lost as to what I need to gather and any advice or help or guidance from anyone going through this process would be greatly appreciated. I wish you guys the best and will hope that you'll keep us updated.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, BrokenWings said:

Hello folks---
I sent out my I-751 with divorce waiver in April last week and received NOA in June 1st week. No update so far; not even Bio Metrics letter. Even idk how I can check status updates since even USCIS status check website is not working. Usually how many days it takes from NOA date to receive Bio metrics letter? It is more than 60 days for me since I received NOA. In this pace, i really don't know how long it will take to get final decision!
Regards

hey Folks -- Just 2 updates--

I received one NOA saying 12 months extension of Conditional Green Card.
In August -- I mean last month I received another NOA saying 18 months extension instead 12 months due to longer time USICS is taking for assessing files. 

No bio metrics paper or notice so far. Thats all update I have. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.