Life_love

ATL Field office Filers?

614 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Medivh said:

You’re in the same boat as me :) hopefully they’ll schedule one soon! I’ll keep you posted if mine gets scheduled.

Thank you! and I'll definitely do the same :). Do you mind me asking when your interview was and if you had a name change?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

So today is my turn  to give an update on both of my cases, I751 and N400

We had an interview yesterday at the Atlanta field office, and it was really smooth and easy. We have waited 2 hours passed the original interview time, was at 9:55 AM and we were called in around 12:00 pm  

The officer was professional and efficient, yet very nice and pleasant, she said she has to go through the I751 first to see if it is approvable, and then we will be able to go through the N400 interview.

I gave her a big file with old and updated evidences, that she did appreciate, saying some folks just come to the interview with minimum to no evidences an expect that they will be approved!

We were asked few questions about our marriage (nothing really tricky or out of the norm) then she said she is approving our I751 and excused my husband so I can be tested and interviewed fo the N400

we started with the civic questions:

1-what is economic system in the US?

2-what is the current president political party?

3-what is one power of the federal government?

4-What Ocean on the west coast?

5-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

6-What are the major political parties in the US?

I was asked to read  "who is Abraham Lincoln?" and write " Lincoln was the president during the civil war"

She asked a lot of the yes and No questions, signed 3 documents on the tablet and that was it.

She gave me the form N652 and marked that I passed the test and a decision can't be made yet.

She explained that she has to first approve my I751 in the system and she will do it by the end of the day, and the next day only the system will accept the N400 approval. so I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get a solid approval on the spot, but guess what today I got all the updates one after another that I 751 is approved

N400 is approved and placed inline for oath

Oath Ceremony notice was mailed, so I checked online and I am scheduled fo the oath Ceremony on 09/10 

Feedback from my experience:

I would recommend filing N400 while I751 is still pending

I did case enquiry about my I751 and requested a call back from a tier 2 officer and I strongly believe that this what it triggered I751 interview scheduling on the same day of my N400 interview (N400 interview was scheduled first and was worried that they will not conduct both together, thus my N400 can not be approved)

I must say I am grateful for the quick N400 process didn't expect it that fast:

Filed online 04/26/2021

Interview scheduled  07/13/2021

interview date 08/18/2021

Oath 09/10/2021

Thank you all for the experiences shared it made the waiting less painful.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck to everybody 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:17 PM, manoni said:

Hello All,

So today is my turn  to give an update on both of my cases, I751 and N400

We had an interview yesterday at the Atlanta field office, and it was really smooth and easy. We have waited 2 hours passed the original interview time, was at 9:55 AM and we were called in around 12:00 pm  

The officer was professional and efficient, yet very nice and pleasant, she said she has to go through the I751 first to see if it is approvable, and then we will be able to go through the N400 interview.

I gave her a big file with old and updated evidences, that she did appreciate, saying some folks just come to the interview with minimum to no evidences an expect that they will be approved!

We were asked few questions about our marriage (nothing really tricky or out of the norm) then she said she is approving our I751 and excused my husband so I can be tested and interviewed fo the N400

we started with the civic questions:

1-what is economic system in the US?

2-what is the current president political party?

3-what is one power of the federal government?

4-What Ocean on the west coast?

5-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

6-What are the major political parties in the US?

I was asked to read  "who is Abraham Lincoln?" and write " Lincoln was the president during the civil war"

She asked a lot of the yes and No questions, signed 3 documents on the tablet and that was it.

She gave me the form N652 and marked that I passed the test and a decision can't be made yet.

She explained that she has to first approve my I751 in the system and she will do it by the end of the day, and the next day only the system will accept the N400 approval. so I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get a solid approval on the spot, but guess what today I got all the updates one after another that I 751 is approved

N400 is approved and placed inline for oath

Oath Ceremony notice was mailed, so I checked online and I am scheduled fo the oath Ceremony on 09/10 

Feedback from my experience:

I would recommend filing N400 while I751 is still pending

I did case enquiry about my I751 and requested a call back from a tier 2 officer and I strongly believe that this what it triggered I751 interview scheduling on the same day of my N400 interview (N400 interview was scheduled first and was worried that they will not conduct both together, thus my N400 can not be approved)

I must say I am grateful for the quick N400 process didn't expect it that fast:

Filed online 04/26/2021

Interview scheduled  07/13/2021

interview date 08/18/2021

Oath 09/10/2021

Thank you all for the experiences shared it made the waiting less painful.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck to everybody 

so 4.5 months from filing to oath

we filed 7/28. so if we had the same timeline, the interview would be 11/20 or so, and oath 12/12.

Problem is, my wife is due to deliver our second baby on 11/11, didn't expect citizenship to be so fast!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, brentjbeaver said:

so 4.5 months from filing to oath

we filed 7/28. so if we had the same timeline, the interview would be 11/20 or so, and oath 12/12.

Problem is, my wife is due to deliver our second baby on 11/11, didn't expect citizenship to be so fast!

It is not as standard  timeline, I have seen faster process and much longer ones!

hope yours happen sooner than later.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sunny111 said:

Hello - I applied online on 3/22 and received bio metric reuse notice the same day. No movement since then - anyone who has similar timelelines? My n400 is based on 5 year Green Card Residency. I see some of the members here who applied in April are already approved. Any info/direction is appreciated

I am sorry to say there is no rhyme or reason to the processing.

I have been waiting since May 15th 2020 for a date.  Filing on a 5 year residency.

Unfortunately we all just have to wait our turn.   The processing time on the site for Atlanta is 13-17.5 years if that helps anything. 

10 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

I am sorry to say there is no rhyme or reason to the processing.

I have been waiting since May 15th 2020 for a date.  Filing on a 5 year residency.

Unfortunately we all just have to wait our turn.   The processing time on the site for Atlanta is 13-17.5 years if that helps anything. 

Wow 15 months is a long wait - wonder whats taking that long. hope yours get moving soon

Yeah I agree there is no rhyme or reason. It appears the applications based on 5 year residency is taking much longer

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sunny111 said:

Wow 15 months is a long wait - wonder whats taking that long. hope yours get moving soon

Yeah I agree there is no rhyme or reason. It appears the applications based on 5 year residency is taking much longer

I agree, it seems that way!  I had my GC for 9 yrs by the time I filed, I had this crazy idea it would go faster the longer I waited. HA!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I just got a  message on my USCIS account that my file is indeed at the Atlanta office. They have put in a file request. so, here's hoping i get an interview date soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.