36 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

That isn't really the point.  Lots of these couples going through immigration seem to be hyper fertile, I'm not sure they've even thought ahead as to how hard it will be to be pregnant while separated or have a child without your spouse there.  You honestly believe they think or care how hard pregnancy is in general?  Or most people do (as most pregnancies are accidental)?

I think most people are terrified of having an unwanted pregnancy, that's why there are ways to terminate one. 

3 hours ago, NikLR said:

It's pretty easy to prevent pregnancy.  While my child wasn't planned, I managed to not have another one in the last 15 years by taking precautions.  If you take all precautions and still end up pregnant, well it was just meant to be.  I dont understand why married (and long term relationship) couples are against condoms (I feel like Americans in general are anti-condom for some dumb reason) or using multiple types of birth control.  Children are expensive.  You are also denying the other parent the chance to be apart of an important relationship aspect of you aren't actively preventing pregnancy.  I do understand that some religions forbid birth control.  But even then you should consider the wellbeing of yourself, a potential fetus, and your significant other.  While not as reliable there are other methods. 

Anyhow.. OP before you worry why not just find out if you ARE going to be a father or not first?

Well, most contraceptives have a typical and perfect use effectiveness for a reason. People just regularly screw up. 

I agree it's unnecessary to worry about the immigration of a child when a pregnancy hasn't even been confirmed yet. 

Edited by Orangesapples

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Esme2504 said:

. In our case it seemed like they focused on our baby more? Not sure why, maybe it was just the CO.  My intial packet, I made sure my supporting documents were strong so their was no doubt of our relationship, therefore she asked him questions about the baby and she even asked him for our baby's pictures. Soooo maybe it was just our CO, not all COs are the same. 

Agreed! All CO's are not the same, all embassies are not the same, all couples are not the same, all situations are not the same. To flat out say a baby doesn't help is simply not true. Yes, it might not help with some CO's, Embassies, etc., but a blanket statement of it doesn't help a case is not 100% accurate. USCIS even has birth certificates on their list of supporting documents for ROC. 

Anyway, this thread has digressed enough from the OP's original question. Lectures on birth control, family planning, abortion, etc., have nothing to do with the original question.

23 hours ago, NikLR said:

[...] I dont understand why married (and long term relationship) couples are against condoms (I feel like Americans in general are anti-condom for some dumb reason) or using multiple types of birth control. 

Sexual education they have received was often more "moral" than "scientific" - ask your spouse about it and compare with the information you received [not everyone will do more research to get more information than what they received in school]. 

You are also denying the other parent the chance to be apart of an important relationship aspect of you aren't actively preventing pregnancy.

Actually, you are forcing them to be apart instead of a part. 

I do understand that some religions forbid birth control.

Since this is the K1 forum, I can't think of a religion forbidding birth control, but encouraging pre-marital sex. 

Edited by Lemonslice
grammar-was-wrong

41 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Sexual education they have received was often more "moral" than "scientific" - ask your spouse about it and compare with the information you received [not everyone will do more research to get more information than what they received in school]. 

Actually, you are forcing them to be apart instead of a part. 

Since this is the K1 forum, I can't think of a religion forbidding birth control, but encouraging pre-marital sex. 

Well hubs is from the south in the bible belt, I can guarantee he hasn't had anywhere close to the same sex ed.  In fact his home state has the highest rising risk of HIV currently. 

You are right, I forgot the space in a part. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

I can't think of a man that I know that would rather use them than not.  They decrease the pleasure, sometimes for both parties.

In my opinion, they are really only useful for something that wouldn't get you pregnant anyway.   

My education was very pro NFP and diaphragms, but my husband's was basically just condoms, condoms, condoms.  We have the exact same feelings about birth control despite our different educations.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

12 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

I can't think of a man that I know that would rather use them than not.  They decrease the pleasure, sometimes for both parties.

In my opinion, they are really only useful for something that wouldn't get you pregnant anyway.   

My education was very pro NFP and diaphragms, but my husband's was basically just condoms, condoms, condoms.  We have the exact same feelings about birth control despite our different educations.

I read it as not only condoms, but multiple methods. We do a mix of many / rarely condoms though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.