707 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Another approval!!

NOA1: April 4th, 2018
NOA2: October 29th, 2018

Potomac Service Center

Hang in there everyone. Your time will come!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I can see that Nebraska March filers are rolling in with their NOA2 now.... hopefully some good news for us soon!

NVC received our approved petition today! That's 17 days after our NOA2 and 11 days after they told us they sent it to Department of State (NVC).

I sent them an email asking to attach mine and the petitioner's email address to the case and that's how they informed me.

2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

NVC received our approved petition today! That's 17 days after our NOA2 and 11 days after they told us they sent it to Department of State (NVC).

I sent them an email asking to attach mine and the petitioner's email address to the case and that's how they informed me.

Congrats!!!

Did they transfer your case to NVC from another service center? My case was transferred to NBC from CSC 13 days ago, wondering if it would help to call USCIS

Thank you!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jacque e Andrew said:

My NOA2 date is 10/10, they received my case Saturday 10/27, and the app said it was sent 10/18. Texas Service Center.

Cool...so your NOA2 date is the day you received the letter?  

And how do you know they (the NVC?) received your case on Saturday the 27th?   

Sorry, i'm just confused, and anxious and wondering.

4 hours ago, catmonkey said:

My NOA2 is 10/10 too and it says TSC sent it to NVC on the 10/16. 

We called yesterday and the NVC said they haven’t received it yet. 

I will call next week again. 

12 hours ago, Kat1111 said:

Congrats!!!

Did they transfer your case to NVC from another service center? My case was transferred to NBC from CSC 13 days ago, wondering if it would help to call USCIS

Thank you!

Transferred in some sense, yes. After a USCIS service centre it is meant to go to NVC. I haven't had experience being transferred between service centres though. What kind of Visa have you applied for and what is the relation of the beneficiary to the petitioner?

6 hours ago, catmonkey said:

NOA2 is the day they approved it but you can receive the letter later and on the letter they will say when it was actually approved. For instance, you get the letter on 15th Nov but on the letter it might say it was approved on the 10th November (this is the NOA2). Just an example.

NVC wont tell you it's received unless, a. you call them to find out, b. you send them an email and ask them to attach your email address to the USCIS receipt number, so when they receive it they will update you. Most people follow option a.

If you just wait and don't do anything the NVC will eventually inform you that you have been assigned a case number and they will do this once they've received and processed your i130 and got an email address from it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, catmonkey said:

No, 10/10 is the date that my case was officially approved, I received the letter on 10/15.

I called them and asked for my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, rohanparth said:

Is it true that NVC sends initial email to the Beneficiary? 

From what I know they send two emails, one for the beneficiary and other for the petitioner (they use the email on the I-130).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.