25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i hate to be one to ask further questions but here goes

Did the CO keep his passport?

Did the CO indicate he would be approved if they recieved further documents?

Being from high fraud countries it doesnt mean you are approved just because they asked for further information

you can still be denied (keeping his passport would be a good sign that they intend to approve)

there are many that get mad at immigration but not too much you can do but wait 

and yes, they control your future but it is the same with all of us here

they have guidelines to follow in an interview and it is for your protection as well as all of us

and you do need to get some patience / even after getting a visa, there is a lot to do with immigration like naturaliztion

you can help yourself get good feedback if you create a timeline and follow your coutries portal reading the embassy reviews 

Good luck

and read some other posts that take years like mine that was 6 years from 1st application in2009 to visa in 2015

if you are less than 2 years getting approved ,  you will be one of the lucky ones

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, pancy said:

I am mad too. My case turned to AP from Ready even before visa interview. I have not received anything from NVC or Guangzhou embassy for interview schedule yet. I have been waiting since Jan. 30, 2018. Does anyone have experience similar to this? AP before interview scheduling?

All cases are under administrative processing until the visa is issued.  Read the meaning of AP in my first post.  Relax.  You're dealing with bureaucracy.  It will neither be fast or pleasant.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, genghiz said:

60 days is nothing in the world of USCIS

Gentle correction:  the consulates are under the Department of State.

However, it remains true that 60 days is nothing in the world of USCIS, either.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Non conductive post removed. Stick to answering the question(s).~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 4/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Khan90 said:

hello guys,i hope everyone is doing well, so i am soo mad , beause its been well over 60 days since my husband had delivered his requested documents. i do understand that NVC in islamaba

d pakistan dont count weekends or holy days in "60"days process, but his interview was 1/4/18 and document were droped on 1/5/18, as of today no answer, the file was updated at 6 times(last update was 1/27/18) been calling islamabad no one answers the phone. when i emailed the responce i got was we can not disclose the details( maybe itwas an automatic respond) i just dont no what to do.

Not to upset you more but my husband had his interview on Sept 27, 2017. We still are in administrative processing. This is a difficult time and all I can say is communication and visits will be important during this time to help you push through. We are still waiting and hoping for good news. My husband is from Morocco and apparently they are still working on people with August interviews and starting to work on September. We only wish we are given good news soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 4/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, adil-rafa said:

i hate to be one to ask further questions but here goes

Did the CO keep his passport?

Did the CO indicate he would be approved if they recieved further documents?

Being from high fraud countries it doesnt mean you are approved just because they asked for further information

you can still be denied (keeping his passport would be a good sign that they intend to approve)

there are many that get mad at immigration but not too much you can do but wait 

and yes, they control your future but it is the same with all of us here

they have guidelines to follow in an interview and it is for your protection as well as all of us

and you do need to get some patience / even after getting a visa, there is a lot to do with immigration like naturaliztion

you can help yourself get good feedback if you create a timeline and follow your coutries portal reading the embassy reviews 

Good luck

and read some other posts that take years like mine that was 6 years from 1st application in2009 to visa in 2015

if you are less than 2 years getting approved ,  you will be one of the lucky ones

I can not agree more with all of the above. 

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 4/6/2018 at 7:04 AM, Khan90 said:

Just more picture of the wedding, and no there are no red flags at all. 

Are you close in age? Same religion? How many visits? Why are they asking for more wedding pictures?Answer the questions above here or to yourself, and you might see what the CO sees. Good Luck.

Honest-Love-Respect

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My son finally got interview in Guangzhou US embassy yesterday. Everything went well. He got the approval. The status online still shows "Administrative Processing". It stays as "AP" since Jan., but updated multiple times. I emailed NVC in April and got response that I need to contact Guangzhou embassy. I emailed Guangzhou embassy as follow up, then the case started to move along. Otherwise, we just kept waiting without any movement. Therefore, the petition or beneficiary contacts NVC or Embassy is very important.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:25 AM, pushbrk said:

They are doing what we call AP, the part that includes additional security checks, that are not done until they have otherwise decided they ARE willing to grant the visa.  This is something you should have been aware would happen before you even filed the petition.  These security checks can take several weeks to several months.  They needed the additional document in order to get the the point of doing the security checks.

AP is a catch-all term.  For a Middle Eastern or Pakistani male, it also includes the additional weeks or months needed to complete the additional security checks.  You wait.  You need not be patient, but there is NOTHING you can do to get any information about what is going on, much less speed it up.

Yes unfortunately.. I m pakistani female and my case is in Administrative processing since 8 months. My category is v92. I got Ds5535 in email in November (2 months after my interview) I filled it and sent it back. Since then I have not heard anything back. VO approved me at the time of interview and said that i can pick up my passport in 4 days. My passport is still in embassy. Hoping for the best.. What do you think when i will get my visa :( I was a student, but after interview I ceased my studies. I thought my visa is approved. I never visited any country and I have a clean history.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.