Analyndome1990

Expired police clearance

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi my fellow vj members I have a question regarding my police clearance, so I’m a beneficiary for k1 from Philippines And been working in Kuwait before. I requested my police record through Kuwait embassy Manila and it takes 5 month before I recieved and it’s already expired because it was valid for 3months only. Is it ok to bring it to the interview or I need to request a new one? Anyway we’re still waiting for NOA2 October filer 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Analyndome1990 said:

Hi my fellow vj members I have a question regarding my police clearance, so I’m a beneficiary for k1 from Philippines And been working in Kuwait before. I requested my police record through Kuwait embassy Manila and it takes 5 month before I recieved and it’s already expired because it was valid for 3months only. Is it ok to bring it to the interview or I need to request a new one? Anyway we’re still waiting for NOA2 October filer 

You won’t be needing a Police Clearance from Kuwait if you are not already physically present in the country. The US Embassy knows that. So don’t worry.:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, ShyLucy said:

You won’t be needing a Police Clearance from Kuwait if you are not already physically present in the country. The US Embassy knows that. So don’t worry.:)

Don't you need a police clearance certificate from every country you have lived in for a minimum of 1 year since you were 16? And one from your current country of residence (if its not your country of citizenship) if you've been there over 6 months?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#5

Edited by SMcNally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Just bring the existing police certificate from Kuwait that you have during the interview. It will not cause a problem since you are not there anymore and it is the latest police certificate you have.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

Based in this article, I think she does not need one as highlighted below. " Available only to those residing in Kuwait". Also, to make sure call US Embassy, Manila.

link/reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Kuwait.html

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: There are no fees

Document Name: Good Conduct Certificate- صحيفة الحالة الجنائية

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence, located in Farwaniya (Dhajeej area), Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main office building (Phone:  +965 2434-6101; Fax:  +965 2434-5790)

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no special seal(s)/color/format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: General Director of General Department of Criminal Evidence

Registration Criteria: Available only to applicants residing in Kuwait.  A police clearance certificate is required for U.S. immigrant visa applicants age 18 and over who are currently residing in Kuwait for 6 months or more. This is not available for former residents of Kuwait.

Procedure for Obtaining: A police certificate, or “Good Conduct Certificate,” can be obtained from the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence, located in Farwaniya (Dhajeej area), Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main office building (Phone: +965 2434-6101; Fax: +965 2434-5790). Each applicant must provide the following:

• A letter from U.S. Embassy Kuwait City requesting the police certificate (available upon request and    verification of pending immigrant visa case at Window 2 at the Front Gate of the U.S. Embassy Kuwait)
  • One recent front-view color photograph
  • Passport and one photocopy of the passport’s bio page,
  • Kuwaiti Civil ID card and one photocopy. Processing time: approximately one to two weeks

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

Exceptions:  None

Comments:  U.S. Citizens and other individuals: Available only to those residing in Kuwait; age 18 and above must get the police clearance certificate if they resided in the country for 6 months or more.

U.S. citizens and other individuals seeking Kuwait police clearances should obtain a letter of request from his/her local sponsor, or if seeking employment in another country, contact the corresponding embassy. The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait does not issue such letters.

Court/Prison Records

Available

Fees: Free

Document Name: To Whom it May Concern إلى من يهمه الأمر

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, Criminal Provision Implementation Department, Sulaibiya

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Any officer from that Department

Registration Criteria: There are no registration criteria

Procedure for Obtaining: Physical presence of the applicant with his passport and civil id number

Certified Copies Available:  Certified copies are not available

Exceptions: None

Comments: Only available in Arabic.  Processing time is approximately 2-3 days. Available to individuals residing in Kuwait who apply in person to the Ministry of Interior, Prison Section. Not available by mail. Police records will include prison records. Address: 4th Ring Road, Al-Jabriyah area. Phone: +965-2531-8341. Fax: +965-2533-1359

Edited by nelmagriffin

Timeline
7 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Hello!

Based in this article, I think she does not need one as highlighted below. " Available only to those residing in Kuwait". Also, to make sure call US Embassy, Manila.

link/reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Kuwait.html

Police Certificates

Available

Fees: There are no fees

Document Name: Good Conduct Certificate- صحيفة الحالة الجنائية

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence, located in Farwaniya (Dhajeej area), Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main office building (Phone:  +965 2434-6101; Fax:  +965 2434-5790)

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: General Director of General Department of Criminal Evidence

Registration Criteria: Available only to applicants residing in Kuwait.  A police clearance certificate is required for U.S. immigrant visa applicants age 18 and over who are currently residing in Kuwait for 6 months or more. This is not available for former residents of Kuwait.

Procedure for Obtaining: A police certificate, or “Good Conduct Certificate,” can be obtained from the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Evidence, located in Farwaniya (Dhajeej area), Airport Road 55, opposite the Kuwait Airways main office building (Phone: +965 2434-6101; Fax: +965 2434-5790). Each applicant must provide the following:

• A letter from U.S. Embassy Kuwait City requesting the police certificate (available upon request and    verification of pending immigrant visa case at Window 2 at the Front Gate of the U.S. Embassy Kuwait)
  • One recent front-view color photograph
  • Passport and one photocopy of the passport’s bio page,
  • Kuwaiti Civil ID card and one photocopy. Processing time: approximately one to two weeks

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Exceptions:  None

Comments:  U.S. Citizens and other individuals: Available only to those residing in Kuwait; age 18 and above must get the police clearance certificate if they resided in the country for 6 months or more.

U.S. citizens and other individuals seeking Kuwait police clearances should obtain a letter of request from his/her local sponsor, or if seeking employment in another country, contact the corresponding embassy. The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait does not issue such letters.

Court/Prison Records

Available

Fees: Free

Document Name: To Whom it May Concern إلى من يهمه الأمر

Issuing Authority: Ministry of Interior, Criminal Provision Implementation Department, Sulaibiya

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Any officer from that Department

Registration Criteria: There are no registration criteria

Procedure for Obtaining: Physical presence of the applicant with his passport and civil id number

Certified Copies Available:  Certified copies are not available

Exceptions: None

Comments: Only available in Arabic.  Processing time is approximately 2-3 days. Available to individuals residing in Kuwait who apply in person to the Ministry of Interior, Prison Section. Not available by mail. Police records will include prison records. Address: 4th Ring Road, Al-Jabriyah area. Phone: +965-2531-8341. Fax: +965-2533-1359

She still need police certificate from Kuwait, but she doesn't need to apply the new one.That is why people applying their police certificate before they leave the country. Police certificate is needed for each country that the beneficiary reside for 6 months or more.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

Marriage Certificate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for enlightened me through all your comments here.yahh I’ll just bring my expired one. Anyways I left  Kuwait in 2015 and requested it on 2017 and I never been back in there so I think there’s no issue with that.

2 hours ago, SMcNally said:

Don't you need a police clearance certificate from every country you have lived in for a minimum of 1 year since you were 16? And one from your current country of residence (if its not your country of citizenship) if you've been there over 6 months?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html#5

You are correct but there are certain countries where you can NOT get a PCC if you are not physically present in the country to get it, and Kuwait is one of those countries. This is brought up a lot in the Philippines subforum so we are well versed in this issue.

1 hour ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

She still need police certificate from Kuwait, but she doesn't need to apply the new one.That is why people applying their police certificate before they leave the country. Police certificate is needed for each country that the beneficiary reside for 6 months or more.

But she can not get one if she isn't in Kuwait to get it. The USEM is well versed with this and it is not a issue.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You are correct but there are certain countries where you can NOT get a PCC if you are not physically present in the country to get it, and Kuwait is one of those countries. This is brought up a lot in the Philippines subforum so we are well versed in this issue.

But she can not get one if she isn't in Kuwait to get it. The USEM is well versed with this and it is not a issue.

She already has one but it is expired. So, I suggest for her to still bring the expired police certificate from Kuwait just in case they request for it. 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

Marriage Certificate

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread locked.  Multiple duplicate threads/posts removed.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.