1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Tomalley said:

How did you send them your proof? I just asked for expedite too 

My congressman's immigration liaison sent the proof.  She had direct access to the NBC, which I can only assume sped up the process.  

7 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Anyone who buys health insurance yourself because my husband can’t add me in his insurance plan .. but I can’t work now I want to buy health insurance for myself in case I am sick. any ideas ? Thanks 

You can probably get on the Affordable Care Act. My husband and I took out insurance through it just after we got married. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rbalsara96 said:

Has anyone successfully expedited their AP? Did they mail in the request? What did they exactly mail in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My sister just got diagnosed with breast cancer and I want to see her. 

Hi! Sorry to hear that.

Info on emergency AP is here: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

You need to go straight to the local office. Bring the supporting evidence (doctor diagnosis, etc.). They will ask you when you are going to leave. Say it's today or tomorrow. I have a family member who got an emergency AP an hour after his appointment at the local office.

Edited by Valeriyanest

Date Filed (I-485, I-765, I-131): 2018-03-27

NOA Date: 2018-04-09

Bio. Appt.: 2018-05-02

EAD Expedite Request: 2018-07-09

Congressman Office Visit: 2018-07-12

EAD in production: 2018-07-24

EAD/AP approved: 2018-07-25

EAD/AP in hand: 2018-07-30

AOS interview date: 2019-13-03

12 minutes ago, Valeriyanest said:

Hi! Sorry to hear that.

Info on emergency AP is here: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/travel-documents/emergency-travel

You need to go straight to the local office. Bring the supporting evidence (doctor diagnosis, etc.). They will ask you when you are going to leave. Say it's today or tomorrow. I have a family member who got an emergency AP an hour after his appointment at the local office.

Will it be hard to show diagnoses ? And it has to be in English if you are from non English country , you have to translate it ?

9 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

I hope it is not too expensive. Now I got some quotes from 100-200

Unfortunately, health insurance in this country is ungodly expensive. It’s a disgrace. 

Assuming you have no income, it may not be so bad for now because you can receive a subsidy. It’ll go up in price when you start working. Go to healthcare.gov to fill out an application and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Unfortunately, health insurance in this country is ungodly expensive. It’s a disgrace. 

Assuming you have no income, it may not be so bad for now because you can receive a subsidy. It’ll go up in price when you start working. Go to healthcare.gov to fill out an application and see what happens. 

May I ask what kinds of insurance you get ? You think we can get subsidy? I wonder if we can do obamcare .. 

15 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

May I ask what kinds of insurance you get ? You think we can get subsidy? I wonder if we can do obamcare .. 

Of course. So I had my own insurance my husband came here. When we got married, it qualified as a "life changing event." So I was able to drop my insurance and re-sign up with him as my husband. Previously, I did not receive a subsidy because as a single person because I made too much money. Now because we are a bigger household, we qualify for the subsidy. Obviously, this will vary by salary and maybe by state? This is only because my husband doesn't have his EAD and can not work, meaning his income is $0 per year, so my salary is now spread over two people instead of only myself. Please note we had to do this within 60 days of marriage. I'm not sure if you can talk to them about adjusting this rule, but it is worth a try!

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

5 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Of course. So I had my own insurance my husband came here. When we got married, it qualified as a "life changing event." So I was able to drop my insurance and re-sign up with him as my husband. Previously, I did not receive a subsidy because as a single person because I made too much money. Now because we are a bigger household, we qualify for the subsidy. Obviously, this will vary by salary and maybe by state? This is only because my husband doesn't have his EAD and can not work, meaning his income is $0 per year, so my salary is now spread over two people instead of only myself. Please note we had to do this within 60 days of marriage. I'm not sure if you can talk to them about adjusting this rule, but it is worth a try!

I just tried to applied in healthcare.gov and they said they can’t verify my identity. I don’t know why. Did your husband have the same problems ? Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Your insurance is provided by government, is that right ? Is government insurance cheaper and better ? Thanks !

unfortunately, it is over 60 days after our marriage . 

Edited by Tomalley

1 hour ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Hi, I just finished the website application after long questionnaires and the plan they have are mostly over 200 month and I can’t afford that :( .. 

But thanks anyway!

Edited by Tomalley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

You can inquire about your case 6.5 months from your PD if you don't have an RFE or RFIE.

Therefore since it's July now, people who have applied in January but haven't received their EAD card can start to inquire about their cases.

Thank you Nancy:)

Is the PD the date listed on the NOA?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Thank you Nancy:)

Is the PD the date listed on the NOA?

yes, you should be able to find "priority date" on your NOA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Hi, I just finished the website application after long questionnaires and the plan they have are mostly over 200 month and I can’t afford that :( .. 

But thanks anyway!

You can always wait a little bit for the open enrollment (September/Oct) period. By that time your husband should be able to enroll you as his dependent anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.