dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I was mostly curious because you are not officially U.S. Resident until when you get the Passport stamp at the Port of Entry. I know you cannot even sell your house or plan things ahead before you get the Passport from the Embassy with the visa.

Noone really forbids you from selling your house, packing everything and starting to plan housewarming party for new home in US as soon as you get interview date. You can buy all the flight tickets you want, quit work etc but it is recommended not to do it. Immigration process can have some unexpected hiccups and even if everyone else applying in same embassy gets the visa in like 2 days after the interview, then it can be that you (or I or anyone else :D) won't. If visa process takes longer then expected, its not nice to find yourself out of home, out of work and all your belongings on their way to US.

Edited by Elrona
added a sentence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, kingandqueen said:

Thank you!!...hoping for the same luck!, if so i am close!

Thank you!... I hope so!

5 hours ago, Missmatalini said:

Finally was assigned a case number - only took 12 weeks -_- 

Paid both of the fees - we're a pivot case. 

Waiting for the links to work so I can fill out the paperwork. 

Coming up on a year since we started this process. So ready for it to be over

Wooow, congratulations, im in Canada too, still waiting NVC received my cas 26 january, after they changed to 13 february 😭😭

5 minutes ago, Elrona said:

Noone really forbids you from selling your house, packing everything and starting to plan housewarming party for new home in US as soon as you get interview date. You can buy all the flight tickets you want, quit work etc but it is recommended not to do it. Immigration process can have some unexpected hiccups and even if everyone else applying in same embassy gets the visa in like 2 days after the interview, then it can be that you (or I or anyone else :D) won't. If visa process takes longer then expected, its not nice to find yourself out of home, out of work and all your belongings on their way to US.

Yes but that would be already planning without a visa officiallly. The CO might raise an eyebrow or not? Just curious 

17 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Yes but that would be already planning without a visa officiallly. The CO might raise an eyebrow or not? Just curious 

I don’t think it matters. We are living abroad at the moment. I am already ending the lease, got one way tickets and movers lined up. My situation is a bit different since my kids and I will move in July regardless of the visa situation of my husband. My kids and I are US citizens.  I just hope my husband visa can be issued in time for the move.

If I don’t start planning the move, there is no way it can get done before school starts for the kids.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

I don't think CO would raise an eyebrow if you tell that you are getting ready to move together with your spouse. In my opinion it might raise more questions when you are asked how do you prepare for moving and you just shrug and answer that you have no idea. 

Selling property might take longer than the time you have to enter US before your medical expires so, getting off from work with a very limited notice can also be difficult. There's definitely nothing bad (or illegal) in doing preparations, as long as you accept the fact that getting the visa might take longer then expected or it might even be declined. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Joshy said:

is Nigerian Embassy among pivot case? tried looking up for the information but I couldn't. Thanks

Nope, Nigeria is not pivot. 

6 hours ago, Angie135 said:

May I know if documents can be mailed to NVC using courier companies such as FedEx and DHL? And whether it is ok for DHL or FedEx to get the recipient at NVC to sign for the package for tracking purposes, so that we will know that the package has reached NVC? Thanks. 

you can send via courier but you cannot request a signature upon receipt because they will reject it. has happened to someone before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Woop woop! Got confirmation that NVC will be scheduling my interview. 

Does anybody know (roughly) how long this takes? Is there any way to know? It'll be going to Amsterdam. 

Also, since all the NVC stuff says we should take *original* documents: do certified copies count as originals? 

Eg, when we photocopied my wife scanned our *real* marriage certificate, which is with her in the US. I have a certified copy, from the UK government here with me. That counts as "original" right? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

is india pivot case country? 

can anyone confirm?

all any estimate for the our case to get casenumber ,am from india,and my husband is USCitizen.

Edited by reem

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

NeJame Law

Overall they've been very helpful. But I just feel because they're so busy they are slow.

I'm using Colombo and Hurd. I've had a good experience with them so far. I'll probably use them again in 2 years for the removal of conditions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.