Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I've been following this thread for a while and found the info so helpful. Thanks All for sharing.

I wanted to see if anyone recently has had their case transferred to another field office recently.  Our case was transferred on Oct 25th with no letter received yet. And the completion  date went from Oct 2020 to May 2020 after the status update. 

File date: 7/13

Bio: 7/30

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, py6 said:

No excuse. They are one of the worst in the nation. If they don't have enough officers, they can hire more. USCIS is self-funded. 

That's exactly the bit I don't understand. We all pay the same fee, wherever we live in the country and however busy the office is. I am a September 2019 non-combo filer. On our 'September 2019 filers' thread there are people at the Charlotte office who have their interviews this month and next month. If Seattle has a higher caseload (and that may be the case) then just hire more people - the money is there as for file they have received they have received the corresponding fee. Where is all the extra money going?

Just now, So_hopeful said:

Hello, I've been following this thread for a while and found the info so helpful. Thanks All for sharing.

I wanted to see if anyone recently has had their case transferred to another field office recently.  Our case was transferred on Oct 25th with no letter received yet. And the completion  date went from Oct 2020 to May 2020 after the status update. 

File date: 7/13

Bio: 7/30

Where have you been transferred to? Which county do you live in?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JFH said:

That's exactly the bit I don't understand. We all pay the same fee, wherever we live in the country and however busy the office is. I am a September 2019 non-combo filer. On our 'September 2019 filers' thread there are people at the Charlotte office who have their interviews this month and next month. If Seattle has a higher caseload (and that may be the case) then just hire more people - the money is there as for file they have received they have received the corresponding fee. Where is all the extra money going?

Where have you been transferred to? Which county do you live in?

Haven't received the letter stating which office but suspecting Portland. I live in Pierce cty. 

Edited by So_hopeful

6 minutes ago, So_hopeful said:

Haven't received the letter stating which office but suspecting Portland. I live in Pierce cty. 

Thank you - that's interesting for me. I filed a few months after you and wondering if I will be transferred as I am Grays Harbor County.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JFH said:

Thank you - that's interesting for me. I filed a few months after you and wondering if I will be transferred as I am Grays Harbor County.

Could be. Hope you hear something soon. I'll share an update once I receive one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have no idea where the money is going and why Seattle office is so understaffed compared to many other offices. The money could be going to things like denaturalization forces. Their average case processing rate per hour also significantly decreased over the last 2 years. Worse yet, they combo'ed my I-751 and N400 while the local office isn't doing combo interviews. If it wasn't the N400 holding my I-751 I probably would have been approved by now. I filed I-751 more than 2 years ago. I don't want to sound presumptuous but how am I not going to think that they deliberately do this to immigrants like us so they don't have to give us a 10-year green card so that our statuses remain vulnerable longer? This administration's views on immigration are reflected on each one of the policy changes, big or small. It's not that hard to put two and two together.

Edited by py6

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

3 hours ago, py6 said:

I have no idea where the money is going and why Seattle office is so understaffed compared to many other offices. The money could be going to things like denaturalization forces. Their average case processing rate per hour also significantly decreased over the last 2 years. Worse yet, they combo'ed my I-751 and N400 while the local office isn't doing combo interviews. If it wasn't the N400 holding my I-751 I probably would have been approved by now. I filed I-751 more than 2 years ago. I don't want to sound presumptuous but how am I not going to think that they deliberately do this to immigrants like us so they don't have to give us a 10-year green card so that our statuses remain vulnerable longer? This administration's views on immigration are reflected on each one of the policy changes, big or small. It's not that hard to put two and two together.

I totally agreed. It really hurts to know that they are doing this to us immigrants. After all, we came here legally and sincerely seek happiness being reunited with our family here. But the long wait and all this vulnerability put on us are not fair. It's a very stressful journey and I never wish this stress on my worse enemy. At this point I don't know what to expect any more. I just can't believe Seattle office is this bad, the city is a good city, the state is also a blue state... I don't get it. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello all Seattle filer, does anyone from October filer and November 2018 filer get scheduled for the interview? Please share if you get scheduled for the interview, will appreciated. Let’s help each other out for who still waiting for the interview scheduled🙏🏻.  Thank You

11 minutes ago, kylat4n said:

Hello all Seattle filer, does anyone from October filer and November 2018 filer get scheduled for the interview? Please share if you get scheduled for the interview, will appreciated. Let’s help each other out for who still waiting for the interview scheduled🙏🏻.  Thank You

You can check on the Timelines to see the progress of the Seattle field office. If you have not filled your timeline, please share your timeline so everyone can be updated with the progress. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Seattle+WA&op1=3&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=

18 hours ago, PK_ said:

You can check on the Timelines to see the progress of the Seattle field office. If you have not filled your timeline, please share your timeline so everyone can be updated with the progress. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Seattle+WA&op1=3&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=

I am a combo filer (I751 filed in November 2017 and N400 filed in October 2018). my case i751 got transferred to NBC in Dec 2018. I sent two e-requests to USCIS. They have just replied this: (emailed is from Lee'sSummit, MO)

"The status of this service request is:

Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on 11/13/17.  On 10/25/18, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time. "

On 11/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dani N said:

Knowing this makes me feel so hopeless. I filed I 751 in June 2017 and transferred my case from MN to here so I assume it will even take longer. And holiday season is coming up.. 

I thought MN office was the worst in the country because they have to process cases in MN, ND, part of SD and WI. They also take in a huge number of refugees in the last couple of years.. what is Seattle office's excuse? 

These are the four things that I did:

1) Filed a USCIS Ombusdman (https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance) inquiring about the both cases (I-751 and N-400).

2) I sent two e-requests (using the Your case is taking longer than expected tab, for the I751 but I asked about both cases again). I sent two because the first one was not answered. They have just replied to the second one (so, it takes like 1 month for them to reply).

3) I filed a case with US Senator Patti Murray (https://www.murray.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/requestassistance)

4) I filed a case with US Congresswoman (Representative) Pramila Jayapal (https://jayapal.house.gov/services/help-with-a-federal-agency/).

So far,

1) I received this morning a reply to my point (2), and USCIS said that "both cases will be adjudicted at the same time"

2) my count down for the estimated wait time for the N-400 went down miraculously from 2 months to 27 days.

What I am planning to do:

1) Schedule an Infopass appointment in December so I can have my third I-551 stamp and ask about both pending cases.

2) Schedule an appointment ("meeting with a coffee") with any of the two women whom I filed.

3) Inquiry with my immigration lawyer the possibility of filing a "writ of mandamus" petition.

PLEASE if there is something that somebody thinks that we should be trying,  share it with the group.

I have not followed this thread and site for awhile, but i noticed that my n400 applciation status has moved from March to May 2020 for an interview.  Why the heck all this time and delay? Any provisions on good news that may not be accurate estimation and things may get much faster ? I need my citizenship passport by summer next year. 

On 11/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, kylat4n said:

Hi, October 2018 filer and got my interview scheduled on December.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

It’s very unfortunate the Seattle Office is one of the slowest.  We have all our sentiments and yes waiting for the unknown is very frustrating.

When I started my immigration journey from K1, AOS and now Citizenship, I already set my mind that I will not waste my energy and stress myself on something that I cannot control.  A friend of mine shared this quote “Less expectation - Less frustration”.  

When I filed Citizenship last year October 2018) and my estimated wait time was 15 months. I stopped thinking about it, I never expect or hope that I’m going to hear sooner. I’m quite surprised that I received a schedule for my interview.  And the date is not quite favorable because I have travel plans the next few days after my interview.  Again I don’t stress myself because I can only make my decisions whether I can travel or cancel  after the interview.

The saying “Patience is virtue” is so true and that’s all what we need now. Unmeasurable patience❤️.

cheers,

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 hours ago, The Conqueror said:

It’s very unfortunate the Seattle Office is one of the slowest.  We have all our sentiments and yes waiting for the unknown is very frustrating.

When I started my immigration journey from K1, AOS and now Citizenship, I already set my mind that I will not waste my energy and stress myself on something that I cannot control.  A friend of mine shared this quote “Less expectation - Less frustration”.  

When I filed Citizenship last year October 2018) and my estimated wait time was 15 months. I stopped thinking about it, I never expect or hope that I’m going to hear sooner. I’m quite surprised that I received a schedule for my interview.  And the date is not quite favorable because I have travel plans the next few days after my interview.  Again I don’t stress myself because I can only make my decisions whether I can travel or cancel  after the interview.

The saying “Patience is virtue” is so true and that’s all what we need now. Unmeasurable patience❤️.

cheers,

Hello Happy Thanksgiving 

thank you for your sharing, may I ask what is your estimated completion time as now?  Did you get your scheduled interview when your wait time went down to zero day ? Thanks agaian 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.