Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, cttd said:

Congrats!

There's still no status update for my cases.

I'm also a joint filer. 

I-751 receipt date: June 2017

N-400 receipt date: July 2018

Estimated completion time for N-400 used to be October 2019 now there's no dates anymore from USCIS website.

Ant other joint filer can share your status here?

When was your biometric appointment?

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

1 hour ago, Felicie said:

Thank you! I just got a notice from the Ombudsman office that said my i751 will be processed at the time of my N400 interview. 

So finger crossed, hope everything is O.K 

Hi Felicie. What is the Ombudsman office?

Did you complain/email.do anything special regarding your I751?

Mine has been stuck in Lee's Summit since December 2018. I filed an two e-requests without any answer!

Thank you,

g

15 minutes ago, GermanG said:

Hi Felicie. What is the Ombudsman office?

Did you complain/email.do anything special regarding your I751?

Mine has been stuck in Lee's Summit since December 2018. I filed an two e-requests without any answer!

Thank you,

g

You can file a complaint with the Ombudsman office. I filed one back in April and it took them a while to get back to me. Then with the senator recently and got help last week. I think because I pushed them they helped me get an interview for N-400 while most combo filers are still waiting for the interview (June, July filers are still waiting). So you could look into that but need to act fast. 

7 hours ago, Felicie said:

You can file a complaint with the Ombudsman office. I filed one back in April and it took them a while to get back to me. Then with the senator recently and got help last week. I think because I pushed them they helped me get an interview for N-400 while most combo filers are still waiting for the interview (June, July filers are still waiting). So you could look into that but need to act fast. 

Can you share your experience with the senator? Did you call their office directly? Any info is much appreciated!!

Finally I received an email yesterday 11.07.2019 notifying me for my scheduled interview. Then I checked my document tab today and my interview is scheduled on  December 11, 2019.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

18 hours ago, Dani N said:

Can you share your experience with the senator? Did you call their office directly? Any info is much appreciated!!

Look up Pauli Murray senator office, fill out immigration case request information then turned it in online. They took months to give me an answer for my case, I would say they are not the best but you need to start as soon as possible for assistance. 

3 hours ago, The Conqueror said:

Finally I received an email yesterday 11.07.2019 notifying me for my scheduled interview. Then I checked my document tab today and my interview is scheduled on  December 11, 2019.

Congrats! The wait time is coming down to 14.5 months. 

1 hour ago, PK_ said:

Congrats! The wait time is coming down to 14.5 months. 

Thank you! My wait time is 15 months, I guess by the time I'm done with my Oath Taking it will be the 15 months.

No Rush! 😉

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed N-400 in April 2018, prior to that I-751 in February 2017. I have done biometrics and have had two I-551  stamps in my passport. Nobody at USCIS has anything to offer except that my I-751 was transferred to NBC in December 2018. This is really stressing me out, and my USC husband sometimes forgets that we have pending cases. I have no-one in my circle who can empathize but I think I need a therapist because of the anxiety surrounding travel (I have been detained twice upon return to the US so they could verify my credentials), possibly a new job and just daily life without a sense of belonging anywhere. Anyway, do any of you have cases that are older than mine and still pending?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone have any current information about oath ceremony times in Seattle field office? I have 12:30pm interview and I want to know is it possible that I have oath ceremony on same day or not.

5 hours ago, immianxiety said:

I filed N-400 in April 2018, prior to that I-751 in February 2017. I have done biometrics and have had two I-551  stamps in my passport. Nobody at USCIS has anything to offer except that my I-751 was transferred to NBC in December 2018. This is really stressing me out, and my USC husband sometimes forgets that we have pending cases. I have no-one in my circle who can empathize but I think I need a therapist because of the anxiety surrounding travel (I have been detained twice upon return to the US so they could verify my credentials), possibly a new job and just daily life without a sense of belonging anywhere. Anyway, do any of you have cases that are older than mine and still pending?

N400 June 2018, I751 May 2017, still waiting. I751 transferred to NBC in November. 

Edited by washingtonian

Timeline
11 hours ago, immianxiety said:

I would be very stressed and anxious if I were in your situation as well. I applied Oct 2018 and I'm already pretty stressed and upset that it's taking so long.

However, be prepared that every time you pass through customs they will pull you aside and check your permanent residence status. Ever since I got to the end of the second extension letter, (and OMFG my green card expired 2 years ago... can't believe all the BS they put us through) they have been doing that to me as well. If you anticipate it, it might not be so stressful for you at the border.

I'm surprised that they still haven't taken up your case yet. You can file a case inquiry now or very soon. Seattle office is beyond disappointing. We are one of the most backlogged offices and yet the USCIS has done little if at all to help us reduce the wait time. Perhaps they intend to intimidate us that way.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline

Applied Oct 2018, Bio Nov 2018. My USCIS estimated completion time was Dec 2018 and then Jan 2019 (14 months after bio). After looking at the VJ timeline and the information people provided in this thread, I don't think the estimation is highly reliable. Originally I planned for a trip in Jan and was later on scratched because of the estimated completion time. Then we planned a big trip April 2019 since estimated completion time is Jan 2019. But now I'm not planning any trip. Looks like it could go well past the estimated time of completion and I better yet stay put until the whole process is finished. It's definitely upsetting, to say at least. I literally haven't been able to use my green card for 2 years now. First extension letter expired, second extension expired, now I'm on the stamps...This is insane! Went through lots of hurdles at airports. Lots of dealing with people who did not accept the extension letter or did not know what to do... We both like to travel and this is becoming a big problem for us. The sheer uncertainty and prolonging wait... USCIS is a paid service, we have paid over $1000 for I-751 and N-400 and yet have been waiting for over 2 years. The agency not being accountable is what frustrates me the most. When people pay it to do them a service, USCIS shall do it in a timely manner. If you don't have enough employees to do the work, hire more because the money is there. Yet they divert our money to do many unrelated things and de-prioritize many classes of immigrants. Back in 2007/2008 there was also a big surge of N-400 applications, yet it was addressed so much better. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.