Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 10/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, GermanG said:

Hi guys! I was doing some research for Combo filers.

I went to VisaJourney--> Lifting of Condition (I-751) Timelines ---> select California Service Center filter---> Order by Last Updated --> Order Direction: Descending.

I know that these cases are not identical to ours (they only thing they share is the filing to the California Service Center, but the Naturalization happens somewhere else in the US)

It's very encouraging. Check this out.

This case happened today, Wednesday October 23, 2018.

It's a combo filer who sent the documents to the CSC and then his case got transferred to the National Benefit Center.

The person showed up for the Naturalization interview today.

Please read his quote:

"My case was transferred to the National Benefit Center on 08/16/2019. My interview for citizenship was scheduled on 10/17/2019. Despite my attempts to find out if they were going to conduct a dual interviewed, it proved to be futile. I even talked to a level 2 agent from USCIS and he assured me that my I751 was not going to be adjudicated during my citizenship interview. However, when I got my citizenship interview, the IO told me he needed to adjudicated the I751 form first. He just went thru the form (did not ask for any supporting document, nor the presence of my husband. He then told me that he was going to approve that form."

This person's local office is in Saint Paul MN.

Based on this recent case, maybe they didn't eliminate the combo interviews. :)

Different offices have different processing methods for combo interviews, so if that person is from a different office than Seattle office we can’t really learn anything from here unfortunately. It’s the local office that conduct and schedules the interviews. NBC has nothing to do at this point. 

5 hours ago, Roeentan said:

Yesterday my estimated wait time counter reached to 1 Day and today it's showing "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. you do not need to do anything at this time.". I wish they don't add 3 more months to my wait time again like last time. I'm second week Sep 2018 Eastside filer. 

Am still waiting with the same status as yours. Been close to a month and a half now. 

I did my biometrics this week in Seattle. Never thought it would be so busy there. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Hi everyone! I am getting very impatient about my application and found this forum :) 

I am also a combo filer. I applied for I-751 on June 24th 2017 and N400 on April 30th 2018 in Minnesota. I moved to Seattle in February 2019 and changed my address since then so Seattle office should have jurisdiction over my case. My case was also transferred to NBC before I changed my address. 

I got estimated timeline of April 2018, and then I changed to September 2018, and now "it is taking longer than expected" message. 

I submitted a case inquiry on my I 751 today. We shall see!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Change of address affects cases adversely especially when you change states. However, your case has really taken longer than necessary. Please don’t move again. All you can do is wait and see the next update. 

40 minutes ago, paddyfavour said:

Change of address affects cases adversely especially when you change states. However, your case has really taken longer than necessary. Please don’t move again. All you can do is wait and see the next update. 

I couldn't find a definite answer on how moving would affect my case but I knew for sure it would. Since I had put so many things in my life on hold because of this process, I decided not to anymore. I moved for a very good career opportunity and don't plan to move anytime soon though :)

Just wanted to share my timeline. 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, Dani N said:

Hi everyone! I am getting very impatient about my application and found this forum :)

I am also a combo filer. I applied for I-751 on June 24th 2017 and N400 on April 30th 2018 in Minnesota. I moved to Seattle in February 2019 and changed my address since then so Seattle office should have jurisdiction over my case. My case was also transferred to NBC before I changed my address. 

I got estimated timeline of April 2018, and then I changed to September 2018, and now "it is taking longer than expected" message. 

I submitted a case inquiry on my I 751 today. We shall see!

I applied for I751 in May 2017 and for N400 in June 2018 and I'm still waiting as well. I751 got transferred to NBC in November 2018. My estimated completion time also changed to "it is taking longer than expected" after September.

Edited by washingtonian

1 hour ago, washingtonian said:

I applied for I751 in May 2017 and for N400 in June 2018 and I'm still waiting as well. I751 got transferred to NBC in November 2018. My estimated completion time also changed to "it is taking longer than expected" after September.

Did you make any e-request or Infopass about your case?

Mine is similar (I751 November 2017, N400 October 2018).

I am planning to go for an Infopass in December to get my third I551 extension stamp.

My estimated completion date is in February 2020 so I will contact a US sentator after that date.

New update as of Oct 28, 2019:

Seattle:  16.5 to 19.5 months
Yakima:  10 to 16.5 months
Portland:  12 to 17 months

On 9/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, costa85 said:

USCIS Processing times just got updated.

Seattle:  16 to 20 months
Yakima:  15 to 16 months

Portland:  13 to 14.5 months

12 hours ago, washingtonian said:

Your timeline is very similar to mine! Mine got transferred to NBC around the same time as well. I'm glad to know someone out there is on the same boat. I will keep you updated when I receive a response on my I 751 inquiry, though I doubt it will have anything useful. 

8 hours ago, Dani N said:

Your timeline is very similar to mine! Mine got transferred to NBC around the same time as well. I'm glad to know someone out there is on the same boat. I will keep you updated when I receive a response on my I 751 inquiry, though I doubt it will have anything useful. 

I already submitted I751 inquiry a month ago, they never got back to me. I'll submit another one.

1 hour ago, washingtonian said:

I already submitted I751 inquiry a month ago, they never got back to me. I'll submit another one.

It happened the same to me. I submitted an e-request for processing outside normal range and have no reply. I sent a second one. I think it's because it's in NBC (likely inna dusty drawer that nobody opens)😮

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.