Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, El79 said:

One more question  :)

after you receive letter with date and time is it like for interview after 40-45 days or week or two for oath?

My initial oath was 2 weeks after the approval. But that got cancelled twice, so now this would be almost a month.

So you should expect a month or so to be done. 

30 minutes ago, AHG said:

My initial oath was 2 weeks after the approval. But that got cancelled twice, so now this would be almost a month.

So you should expect a month or so to be done. 

You can see all these letters under documents online right?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well my case countdown reached estimate time 1 and then today turned to ^we are taking longer than expected to process your case...^.... Applied on the 2nd of july 2018... The thing is I have two international trips schedule. One in October and one in December. Both for a month. I guess I will probably have an issue with one of them...

My interview is scheduled in Yakima for 9/6 @9:40am. What do people recommend, should I drive the same morning from eastside (estimate drive time is 2hrs 14 mins) or go the prev night and book a hotel? My wife's appt is on 9/9 @8am for which we might go prev night and book a hotel but I am not sure about 9:40am time.

Edited by Eqzee

I've found this correspondence on the Seattle's N-400 caseload shifting to Yakima and Portland. It seems like they are trying to do same-day oath when it's possible.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/Processing_Times_-_Representative_Jayapal.pdf

Timeline

Hello All,

Quick question, can I apply for my first passport through the Seattle agency after my oath ceremony even if I am not travelling in less than 2 weeks?

Also for a passport they ask for a certificate of naturalization, how many of these do you get during oath?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, AHG said:

Hello All,

Quick question, can I apply for my first passport through the Seattle agency after my oath ceremony even if I am not travelling in less than 2 weeks?

Also for a passport they ask for a certificate of naturalization, how many of these do you get during oath?

Thanks

You have to show that you have travel plans. You get one certificate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone here waiting for their oath ceremony to be scheduled? It's been a month since I did my interview in Portland, and it's approved same day. Didn't get a chance to take oath same day because the IO needs to talk to the supervisor first. I'm a little bit worried now. 

Thanks everyone 

10 hours ago, jamira said:

Anyone here waiting for their oath ceremony to be scheduled? It's been a month since I did my interview in Portland, and it's approved same day. Didn't get a chance to take oath same day because the IO needs to talk to the supervisor first. I'm a little bit worried now. 

Thanks everyone 

Hi I had my interview in Portland as well. Tomorrow will be one month. It was approved and I am still waiting for the oath ceremony letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Dhimas said:

Hi I had my interview in Portland as well. Tomorrow will be one month. It was approved and I am still waiting for the oath ceremony letter.

Don't know why it taking this long.. :(

Mine will be one month tomorrow. I'm hoping that it won't take months.. 

My status still" my oath ceremony will be scheduled".

Edited by jamira

Timeline

After long, and agonizing 6 years... I can  officially say that my immigration journey is complete, and I am now a United States Citizen.

I am done, and it feels really good.

This thread helped me alot, and I hope I was able to help alot others. I'll keep checking it from time to time, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

@El79

good luck my friend and hope you get your oath soon.

1 hour ago, AHG said:

After long, and agonizing 6 years... I can  officially say that my immigration journey is complete, and I am now a United States Citizen.

I am done, and it feels really good.

This thread helped me alot, and I hope I was able to help alot others. I'll keep checking it from time to time, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

@El79

good luck my friend and hope you get your oath soon.

Congratulation AHG, I'm glad for you.

I received notice for my oath.  In 25 days. 1:30 pm.

Did you apply for your passport right there after oath or?

Just curious about payment  :)

Timeline
15 minutes ago, El79 said:

Congratulation AHG, I'm glad for you.

I received notice for my oath.  In 25 days. 1:30 pm.

Did you apply for your passport right there after oath or?

Just curious about payment  :)

Congrats EL79.

That's excellent news. I did not apply today, I got an appointment tomorrow at the Seattle passport agency. Will be applying with the expedited service, you'll need a hotel reservation or a travel itinerary within 2 weeks though. 

Good luck and you're almost there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.