Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ACEbagel said:

Congrats! I attended mine yesterday. It was very pleasant indeed. It makes you reflect on the journey to get to this point, and the immigration officers running it do acknowledge that. The moment when you make the oath and they pronounce you a Citizen just feels absolutely great. 

It was 33 people from 21 different countries getting naturalized. I would have thought there would be more people

Congratulations to you too! Same here on the number of folks present - maybe 30 tops. That made it a little more exciting, though! 

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, oceanborn said:

I attended my oath ceremony at the Seattle District Office this afternoon. Very glad to say that I'm now a US citizen, wrote a more detailed report here: 

It was painless, pleasant and an altogether enjoyable experience! 

Congratulations!!! :) I'm waiting for mine to be scheduled. How long did u wait for your oath ceremony after your interview? Thank you..

Timeline
8 hours ago, ACEbagel said:

Congrats! I attended mine yesterday. It was very pleasant indeed. It makes you reflect on the journey to get to this point, and the immigration officers running it do acknowledge that. The moment when you make the oath and they pronounce you a Citizen just feels absolutely great. 

It was 33 people from 21 different countries getting naturalized. I would have thought there would be more people

Congratulations!!! :) I'm waiting for mine to be scheduled. How long did u wait for your oath ceremony after your interview? Thank you..

Just now, jamira said:

Thank you! After the notification that I was "in line" I received a hard-copy latter about 3 days later (in the mail)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Timeline
2 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

Thank you! After the notification that I was "in line" I received a hard-copy latter about 3 days later (in the mail)

Oh wow. That's my status after my interview in Portland on July 23. We placed u in line for oath ceremony.. It hasn't change yet to " we mailed your notice for oath ceremony ".. yours is fast! Can't wait to be done!😁 Reading your experience makes me feel more excited!lol

11 minutes ago, jamira said:

Oh wow. That's my status after my interview in Portland on July 23. We placed u in line for oath ceremony.. It hasn't change yet to " we mailed your notice for oath ceremony ".. yours is fast! Can't wait to be done!😁 Reading your experience makes me feel more excited!lol

My status never changed from "in-line", and in the other account-based system it stated that they had scheduled my interview.

Edited by oceanborn

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Timeline
9 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

My status never changed from "in-line", and in the other account-based system it stated that they had scheduled my interview.

Cool! I better check our mailbox everyday then!😁 Thanks and Congratulations again!🎉

Timeline
1 minute ago, ACEbagel said:

Thanks! Oath ceremony was 8 days after the interview. I got the letter 3 days after the interview.

Awesome! Thank u.. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/26/2019 at 4:16 PM, GermanG said:

month that the N-400 was filed? April? May? Ju

FYI for people waiting to get scheduled. I got my interview scheduled for Sept 4th. Filed May 25th 2018.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SeattleCitizen said:

FYI for people waiting to get scheduled. I got my interview scheduled for Sept 4th. Filed May 25th 2018.

I just got mine scheduled in Yakima for Sept 6th, filed July 23rd 2018.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.