Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, El79 said:

Well. I was waiting around hour for my interview.  Officer was very professional what I liked very much. I pass tests and we went thru all applications qestions. After everything he give me paper decision can't be made yet because he need to wait for some clearance.  So I guess I just need to wait  :) but all process was very nice. 👍

Good morning @El79,

Did you hear back from them? or at least do they provide you with some info on when will they reach out with a response?

Timeline
On 4/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, costa85 said:

I just filed my N-400 application online (employment based) and attached a copy of GC and marriage certificate.  My wife's application is due within a few weeks (she received the GC as my dependent with a few weeks delay).  Is there a recommended list of documents to take to the interview based on your experience?  Thank you in advance for your assistance and congrats to all who have completed this journey!

I dont have alot of information about the employment based applications, but I am not sure I totally understand the situation here. Your wife and dependent will be receiving their GC soon? Wont you need to wait for at least 5 years before you apply for their naturalization? Again, I am not totally clear on your situation. Maybe if you provide additional info, other individuals who went through the same case might be able to contribute better.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, AHG said:

I dont have alot of information about the employment based applications, but I am not sure I totally understand the situation here. Your wife and dependent will be receiving their GC soon? Wont you need to wait for at least 5 years before you apply for their naturalization? Again, I am not totally clear on your situation. Maybe if you provide additional info, other individuals who went through the same case might be able to contribute better.

Good luck.

I got my Green card in 2014 along with my wife -- my employer sponsored the GC.  We had to submit additional paperwork after the interview, so she received her GC in 2014 a few weeks later than I got mine.  I just applied for Citizenship and submitted a copy of GC and marriage certificate because the Online application asked for only these two pieces of documents only.  Is there a recommended list of documents to take to the interview? for e.g. last 5 years of taxes from IRS, passport copy, original passports, drivers license etc.  Appreciate your guidance!

Timeline
1 minute ago, costa85 said:

I got my Green card in 2014 along with my wife -- my employer sponsored the GC.  We had to submit additional paperwork after the interview, so she received her GC in 2014 a few weeks later than I got mine.  I just applied for Citizenship and submitted a copy of GC and marriage certificate because the Online application asked for only these two pieces of documents only.  Is there a recommended list of documents to take to the interview? for e.g. last 5 years of taxes from IRS, passport copy, original passports, drivers license etc.  Appreciate your guidance!

I am not sure if this is the full list, but you will definitely need your taxes to prove that you are working and paying all your dues, you must bring your old passports. 

Best of luck, but since it's taking the Seattle office over a year to schedule your interview, you will have enough time to ask around for the documentations and proof.

6 hours ago, AHG said:

Good morning @El79,

Did you hear back from them? or at least do they provide you with some info on when will they reach out with a response?

IO just told me he need to wait for clearance. I'm ok with waiting.

There is no laying or hiding information so no space for worries.  It's just process :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey everyone! 

I am am having my interview for i751 and possibly N400 on May 2. I am getting nervous since I have always been the overworried overthinking type of person.

Do you guys have any tips to prepare mentally for interview? How soon should I get there? How long does it take them to call you in? What is your overall experience with the Seattle officers?

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

6 hours ago, Ck207 said:

Hey everyone! 

I am am having my interview for i751 and possibly N400 on May 2. I am getting nervous since I have always been the overworried overthinking type of person.

Do you guys have any tips to prepare mentally for interview? How soon should I get there? How long does it take them to call you in? What is your overall experience with the Seattle officers?

Congratulation on your interview. I worry a lot like you, and was nervous as well. But now i feel like i was very over reacting to it. It was short and sweet. Nothing to worry about.

My officer was super nice, and other officers i seen while waiting, seemed really nice as well. I was suprised how flexible they were as well. They were really trying to help me with process.

Also they dont allow you to even check in before 30 min. Once you check in, you get a ticket, but it didnt seem like they call you in in that order.. I hope your interview goes well. You are very close to the end!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
14 hours ago, El79 said:

IO just told me he need to wait for clearance. I'm ok with waiting.

There is no laying or hiding information so no space for worries.  It's just process :)

If you don't mind me asking do you remember your officer's name? Was his name Michael Macindoe? The reason I'm asking is because if he's the one who interviewed you you'll be in the same predicament as I am. Apparently he's still in the process of re-gaining his security access through a re-verification process so he can start adjudicating petitions again. So essentially any person he interviews gets stuck in limbo with him till he re-gains his access which really sucks. My joint petitions have been stuck with this guy now for 2 months since February 27th when I last had my joint I-751/N-400 interview.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

1 minute ago, Starkilla09 said:

If you don't mind me asking do you remember your officer's name? Was his name Michael Macindoe? The reason I'm asking is because if he's the one who interviewed you you'll be in the same predicament as I am. Apparently he's still in the process of re-gaining his security access through a re-verification process so he can start adjudicating petitions again. So essentially any person he interviews gets stuck in limbo with him till he re-gains his access which really sucks. My joint petitions have been stuck with this guy now for 2 months since February 27th when I last had my joint I-751/N-400 interview.

No, that is not my officer name. I dont think mine was junior officer or anything like that. He was professional and experienced.

Like I said he asked me lots of questions and on the end he give me paper and told me he need to wait clearance. So we waiting  :)

I just don't know whay my status still say "interview scheduled " :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 minutes ago, El79 said:

No, that is not my officer name. I dont think mine was junior officer or anything like that. He was professional and experienced.

Like I said he asked me lots of questions and on the end he give me paper and told me he need to wait clearance. So we waiting  :)

I just don't know whay my status still say "interview scheduled " :)

Then you have another person in that case. My status also says "interview scheduled" and it will normally stay like that until it's adjudicated. I guess yours wouldn't take that long since it's an entirely different scenario maybe a week or couple of weeks at most.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Just now, Starkilla09 said:

Then you have another person in that case. My status also says "interview scheduled" and it will normally stay like that until it's adjudicated. I guess yours wouldn't take that long since it's an entirely different scenario maybe a week or couple of weeks at most.

Usually status changes to "you attended your interview ". I really don't have any plans for traveling soon so it's ok. Being patient in cases like ours is the key  :)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, El79 said:

Usually status changes to "you attended your interview ". I really don't have any plans for traveling soon so it's ok. Being patient in cases like ours is the key  :)

I salute you for your patience...Best of luck and i hope you hear back very soon from them and hopefully with the final approval.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Ck207 said:

Hey everyone! 

I am nervous to the point where I really can't stand it. It's been a very long painful process for me, and I cannot wait to complete my journey. 

So you are not alone in this, I have been studying the questions, my application and all the dates just to make sure I don't miss anything...Now I am freaking out about what to wear to the interview tomorrow, do I need to go full suit and tie or business casual. Any recommendations on this?

2 minutes ago, AHG said:

I am nervous to the point where I really can't stand it. It's been a very long painful process for me, and I cannot wait to complete my journey. 

So you are not alone in this, I have been studying the questions, my application and all the dates just to make sure I don't miss anything...Now I am freaking out about what to wear to the interview tomorrow, do I need to go full suit and tie or business casual. Any recommendations on this?

I understand the angst and nervousness.. but trust me you'll be fine.  Definitely NOT a full suit.. unless you want to.  I went business casual because I thought there was a chance I would take the oath. I would definitely not wear jeans, but I did see people in khaki's. 

Quick question that anyone can answer: do you know what is the date of the latest case being process? I filed at the end of October of 2018...it seems an eternity!

It seems that it has been taking approximately 14 months between the moment that you file and the time of the interview.

I am just curious to know what is the latest case. Maybe February or March 2018?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.