Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, kels430 said:

Yes please let me know what they say and if I call I'll do the same. From discussions on here it seems like they're just trying to spread out the work load.

Yup they are simply spreading the work load. Officer I spoke to advise I go and not wait for a Seattle appointment. Portland see you on May 26! 

5 hours ago, MMSM said:

I believe you are not alone , there are others in late dec and early jan who are waiting for updates. Mine is 01/03 and it has been stuck in maintenance for last few days - "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center."

Is everyone seeing down for maintenance message or this is a sign for interview date is close?

Just so you know I saw that starting last Friday and today I got my interview notice. It it still showing "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center." At this point it doesn't matter I have my interview notice. 

21 hours ago, TheDude123 said:

I have my interview on 05/11/21, and scheduled USPS Passport Appointment for day after. 

looking for ways to make it faster than 4-6 weeks.  

Do you have any tips\ideas how should I expedite the passport process? 

You can expedite the passport, it will take 4-6 weeks. Make sure you pay for express shipping both ways. Do you have travel plans? If so and you have an air ticket, I heard you can contact a representative with proof of your air ticket and they will expedite it more after you apply. Can you please keep us updated if you went that rout? I hope I will be doing this and wish to hear other people experience. 

42 minutes ago, MGMA said:

@AlienLife and kamus, you guys watch for where your interview location. You got early notices, and be sure to make sure that it is in Seattle. 

Thanks for the heads up MGMA. My interview location is the good old Tukwila office. I live north of Seattle so probably USCIS is nice enough not to make me drive to Portland or Yakima.

17 minutes ago, AlienLife said:

Thanks for the heads up MGMA. My interview location is the good old Tukwila office. I live north of Seattle so probably USCIS is nice enough not to make me drive to Portland or Yakima.

That's great to hear. 

1 hour ago, MGMA said:

You can expedite the passport, it will take 4-6 weeks. Make sure you pay for express shipping both ways. Do you have travel plans? If so and you have an air ticket, I heard you can contact a representative with proof of your air ticket and they will expedite it more after you apply. Can you please keep us updated if you went that rout? I hope I will be doing this and wish to hear other people experience. 

Thanks for your reply. I did all what you mentioned. my plans still ov evaluation phase, just checking my options. 

If I will do the air ticket thingy, will keep you posted. 

18 hours ago, AlienLife said:

Sounds like they might be following the 2019 pattern. Those south of Seattle sent to Portland. Eastside people (Bellevue, Kirkland, etc) sent to Yakima. Everyone else stayed with Tukwila. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

On 4/20/2021 at 4:08 PM, LaLily said:

Just so you know I saw that starting last Friday and today I got my interview notice. It it still showing "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center." At this point it doesn't matter I have my interview notice. 

i saw also that message last week but today i got my interview notice .My interview is on May 24,2021 at Portland @7:30 am

3 hours ago, JFH said:

Sounds like they might be following the 2019 pattern. Those south of Seattle sent to Portland. Eastside people (Bellevue, Kirkland, etc) sent to Yakima. Everyone else stayed with Tukwila. 

Well I’m in Renton/Tukwila and got sent to Portland 😩. I just hope since we are being sent from Seattle they allow for same day oath. 

6 minutes ago, AlienLife said:

Congratulations! You filed 2/25/2020 right?

Maybe distributing the case workload between ASCs is reducing the wait time for some of us.

Happy to see things are moving for everyone, but also curious about what scheduling criteria is being used as we see folks from Feb being scheduled. Folks who are getting interviews from Feb, did you file exactly at 5 years or bit later? 

1 hour ago, LaLily said:

Well I’m in Renton/Tukwila and got sent to Portland 😩. I just hope since we are being sent from Seattle they allow for same day oath. 

Some of my friends went to Portland and Yakima couple years ago and they were not offered oath the same day. 

10 minutes ago, MMSM said:

Happy to see things are moving for everyone, but also curious about what scheduling criteria is being used as we see folks from Feb being scheduled. Folks who are getting interviews from Feb, did you file exactly at 5 years or bit later? 

Ha! I was eligible to file in 2011 but foolishly waited over 8 years for no good reason. Now I am sitting here with an expired green card hoping this process to be complete as soon as possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.