Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mbalih said:

True, I haven't seen anything like that here, so hopefully someone from the group can clarify for us. But congrats are in order 🎊🎉

Thank you! Was very excited to wake up this morning to the notice. Hoping someone has more info on the transfer! 

2 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

I am anxiously waiting for mine to update. I had filed for 12/24 but seeing folks before and after me get theirs and am optimistic. However, wanted to check with this group, how long should I wait before i reach out to USCIS.

Hello - I understand, I think you are still fine for now, maybe check with them if you don't hear anything by next month. 

23 minutes ago, kels430 said:

Thank you! Was very excited to wake up this morning to the notice. Hoping someone has more info on the transfer! 

This is actually positive news that USCIS is load balancing. I know couple of friends who interviewed in Portland and Yakima in 2019. They filed in Seattle office though. Do it’s not unusual. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Decent80 said:

This is actually positive news that USCIS is load balancing. I know couple of friends who interviewed in Portland and Yakima in 2019. They filed in Seattle office though. Do it’s not unusual. 

Good to know! I did some more digging on the site and did find old posts about people being transferred to Portland from Seattle in 2019, so that makes me feel better. Just seemed weird no one had mentioned it recently. Might make a vacation out of it and spend a few nights on the coast 🙂

20 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

I am anxiously waiting for mine to update. I had filed for 12/24 but seeing folks before and after me get theirs and am optimistic. However, wanted to check with this group, how long should I wait before i reach out to USCIS.

I believe you are not alone , there are others in late dec and early jan who are waiting for updates. Mine is 01/03 and it has been stuck in maintenance for last few days - "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center."

Is everyone seeing down for maintenance message or this is a sign for interview date is close?

Just now, MMSM said:

I believe you are not alone , there are others in late dec and early jan who are waiting for updates. Mine is 01/03 and it has been stuck in maintenance for last few days - "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center."

Is everyone seeing down for maintenance message or this is a sign for interview date is close?

Yes, I actually saw this yesterday, I believe it's down for everyone then. 

13 minutes ago, kels430 said:

Good to know! I did some more digging on the site and did find old posts about people being transferred to Portland from Seattle in 2019, so that makes me feel better. Just seemed weird no one had mentioned it recently. Might make a vacation out of it and spend a few nights on the coast 🙂

There you go!! All the best 😃

2 hours ago, kels430 said:

Good morning! My husband and I did his removal of conditions and biometrics appointments at the Seattle office and this morning we received the notification that they scheduled his citizenship interview but it is scheduled for the Portland office. We haven't moved from the Seattle area. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any insight into why we have to go down there? I'm assuming it's because the Seattle office is backed up but thought I'd ask. Thank you!

Are you located south of Seattle, by any chance? That's what they did back in 2019, schedule those living south of Seattle in Portland and those on Eastside in Yakima.

Timeline
1 minute ago, swadesi said:

Are you located south of Seattle, by any chance? That's what they did back in 2019, schedule those living south of Seattle in Portland and those on Eastside in Yakima.

Just barely! We're in Federal Way, 16 miles south of the Seattle office.

Edited by kels430

3 hours ago, kels430 said:

Received date was 01/07/20. We can make the drive down I just hadn't seen anyone else mentioning being transferred so got a little worried. 

Not last year but the year before they transferred a bunch to Portland and another bunch to Yakima because of a huge backlog at Seattle. I was actually hoping for a Portland transfer. It’s an easier drive from where I live than to Seattle but...I had to go to Seattle. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

4 hours ago, kels430 said:

Good morning! My husband and I did his removal of conditions and biometrics appointments at the Seattle office and this morning we received the notification that they scheduled his citizenship interview but it is scheduled for the Portland office. We haven't moved from the Seattle area. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any insight into why we have to go down there? I'm assuming it's because the Seattle office is backed up but thought I'd ask. Thank you!

@kels430 first of all congratulations! Second I also just got my noticed few minutes ago and also got my interview appointment for Oregon. I will be given them a call and find out. If you do the same please let me know your outcome. I will do the same. 

1 hour ago, LaLily said:

@kels430 first of all congratulations! Second I also just got my noticed few minutes ago and also got my interview appointment for Oregon. I will be given them a call and find out. If you do the same please let me know your outcome. I will do the same. 

Congratulations, this is wonderful news! Mind sharing your filling date

Timeline
1 hour ago, LaLily said:

Yes please let me know what they say and if I call I'll do the same. From discussions on here it seems like they're just trying to spread out the work load.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.