Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview today 4/13, and the civics questions were so easy the interviewer laughed and apologized. I was wondering if they were randomly generated during the interview and apparently yes.  They issued my passing and did my oath right there in the interview room, sent me back to the lobby for 15 min and someone came out and delivered my naturalization certificate.  The whole thing was less than 2 hours from check in to certificate in hand.  Whooo!  Done!

23 minutes ago, Rhaenerys said:

I had my interview today 4/13, and the civics questions were so easy the interviewer laughed and apologized. I was wondering if they were randomly generated during the interview and apparently yes.  They issued my passing and did my oath right there in the interview room, sent me back to the lobby for 15 min and someone came out and delivered my naturalization certificate.  The whole thing was less than 2 hours from check in to certificate in hand.  Whooo!  Done!

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Rhaenerys said:

Congratulation. What is your filing date? 

11 hours ago, kagime said:

Got my interview on 4/16 here at Seattle. Do you know if they are doing oaths on the same day now? Also it says 14 months for decision... Hoping that is just an abberation

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 9.41.20 AM.png

I think they do same oath for most cases. This is an awesome news, it's another speedy case. They seem to be going faster now. 

Well...speaking of cases getting speedier, I just logged into my USCIS account and they scheduled me for an interview today.

Application date: 02/05/2020

Interview Notification Date: 4/13/2021

Interview Date: 5/19/2021

No email or text message though. I updated our tracker with all this information as well. Paging @GiannaGigi - Did you receive anything from USCIS? Just curious since we filed on the same day.

I guess its time to find the little book with all the questions and start memorizing :)

1 hour ago, AlienLife said:

Well...speaking of cases getting speedier, I just logged into my USCIS account and they scheduled me for an interview today.

Application date: 02/05/2020

Interview Notification Date: 4/13/2021

Interview Date: 5/19/2021

No email or text message though. I updated our tracker with all this information as well. Paging @GiannaGigi - Did you receive anything from USCIS? Just curious since we filed on the same day.

I guess its time to find the little book with all the questions and start memorizing :)

congratulations! Now I get worried if we will be in a limbo. You filed about 11 days after me. Do you remember how many days the counter said before it say interview scheduled? 

Edited by MGMA

19 minutes ago, MGMA said:

congratulations! Now I get worried if we will be in a loophole. You filed about 11 days after me. Do you remember how many days the counter said before it say interview scheduled? 

Thanks. Last Thursday (4/8) it was at 28 days. Since then I didn't log on till today so I am not sure what it had just before the interview was scheduled.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about the order in which these are being scheduled. Now we have seen multiple instances where interviews are being scheduled sooner than any of us expected. I am sure yours is coming any day now. Keep checking your online account everyday. Good luck!

Edited by AlienLife

12 hours ago, AlienLife said:

Thanks. Last Thursday (4/8) it was at 28 days. Since then I didn't log on till today so I am not sure what it had just before the interview was scheduled.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about the order in which these are being scheduled. Now we have seen multiple instances where interviews are being scheduled sooner than any of us expected. I am sure yours is coming any day now. Keep checking your online account everyday. Good luck!

Did you get a notification email or text or was it just keep checking the site for updates?

2 hours ago, GiannaGigi said:

My countdown view went away - anyone else? Is this just a glitch in my account?

BB069BBD-7040-4A11-A3B4-EB57FD53F41D.png

It's a good sign. Keep checking, you may have an interview in the next few days :),

Edit: I thought! Then I logged in, and they seem to have removed it all together. No more counting and no more knowing when you will be done. It's very frustrating.

Edited by MGMA

On 4/12/2021 at 11:07 AM, AWTY? said:

@marofams and @ghepardo please do share with us what's the RFE is relating to in case that can be something some of us needs to prepare for as well. Best of luck!

I contacted USCIS today and it seems to be a glitch. They didn't say that explicitly but the agent couldn't see anything from his end regarding RFE and said that nothing has been mailed, he was very confused on where I got this information. It seems that this isn't a unique case, there seem to be a few people getting the same message without an actual RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 4/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, marofams said:

Yeah, I sent a message inquiring to USCIS and plan to call in a couple of days if nothing appears. It seems that the new system is glitchy because on my husband's application it says his next step is biometric appointment and he received the biometric reuse in December. 

Early this morning (14 Apr) I sent a message via the USCIS account inquiring about the RFE notification and ask why nothing has been uploaded or received in the mail (so far).  I just logged on to my account a few minutes ago and see that the RFE notification has disappeared.  I still haven't received a response from USCIS, but I'm hoping that the RFE notification was just bug that has been corrected.  No guarantees, but it's a good sign that perhaps this was just a glitch in the matrix...

I'll update again as I learn anything new.  I'm sure if it's happened to a few of us, there's probably more people who it' has happened to who may be reading this, but aren't commenting on this this thread.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.