16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share the good news! :yes: Today is a happy day... we have our visa (or will after we pick it up on Friday)! Reading other posts was helpful along the way and I wanted to say thank you to everyone! This group is SUPER supportive and has been an great source of useful information.

Here is our story, I hope you can take something from it. The biggest thing I have learned in the DCF process is that every country is different. This is our DCF "journey".

January thru April we started requesting documents and completed the several steps of the physical exam

April 12th-mailed I-130 and supporting documents to Embassy (no fee was requested at this time)

April 13th- Embassy emailed me to say "everything looked fine" scheduled an interview for May 2nd.

April 16th- request for a copy of benif. passport and DS230 part 1 and 2

We were never mailed ANYTHING from the embassy or asked to submit more docs other than those just listed. I had to email the embassy and ask what docs I should bring to the interview.

May 2nd: Our interview, payment of fees and Approval!

Details of our interview for those interested!

Our interview was scheduled for 9:00am. We showed up early, went through security and enter a waiting area. A woman who'd I been in contact via email and phone many times before called me to the window (I guess she recognized me from the photo) and asked for our paperwork. I handed her everthing, photos, and she asked us to pay the fee. We paid $570 total, this was one payment for everything.

She looked over the docs and called me back to the window. I had filled out the wrong affidavit of support. (How this happend... I DON"T KNOW!). I was really nervous because I am a student and my father had to fill out a joint sponsor form and his must have been wrong too. I filled out the new document and nothing more was said.

In less than 10 minutes we were called to the window for our "interview". The woman was SUPER NICE! She smiled, laughed and even joked with us. She took my husbands finger prints and began asking questions about how we met, were we moved, what we were doing in Norway. What we would do in the States (workwise). She asked if either my husband or I had jobs linned up. Our answers were no. She made a reference to my father being the joint sponsor and that was it. It took less than 10 minutes. She told me everything was approved and explained what happens at the point of entry. It was great to hear "you have your permenant residence card, you can work right away!"

She told us they could have it ready for us today but since we aren't headed to the U.S. until mid-June we let them know we could pick it up later. They said they could mail it to us but we didn't feel comfortable.

Our experience was smooth and everyone was very helpful at the Embassy along the way!

02.08.07-mailed I-129F

02.13.07-I-129F received in TX

02.20.07-NOA1 mailed from Cali

02.27.07- NOA1 received snail mail

04.11.07- married in Norway & withdrew fiance petition

04.12.06- DCF in Norway, mailed I-130 to Embassy

04.13.07-Interview scheduled for 05.02.07!!!!

05.02.07- VISA APPROVED

WOW very fast process for you....CONGRATULATIONS and good luck in the States :dance::thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Great news, congrats!!! :thumbs:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Congratulations!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share the good news! :yes: Today is a happy day... we have our visa (or will after we pick it up on Friday)! Reading other posts was helpful along the way and I wanted to say thank you to everyone! This group is SUPER supportive and has been an great source of useful information.

Here is our story, I hope you can take something from it. The biggest thing I have learned in the DCF process is that every country is different. This is our DCF "journey".

January thru April we started requesting documents and completed the several steps of the physical exam

April 12th-mailed I-130 and supporting documents to Embassy (no fee was requested at this time)

April 13th- Embassy emailed me to say "everything looked fine" scheduled an interview for May 2nd.

April 16th- request for a copy of benif. passport and DS230 part 1 and 2

We were never mailed ANYTHING from the embassy or asked to submit more docs other than those just listed. I had to email the embassy and ask what docs I should bring to the interview.

May 2nd: Our interview, payment of fees and Approval!

Details of our interview for those interested!

Our interview was scheduled for 9:00am. We showed up early, went through security and enter a waiting area. A woman who'd I been in contact via email and phone many times before called me to the window (I guess she recognized me from the photo) and asked for our paperwork. I handed her everthing, photos, and she asked us to pay the fee. We paid $570 total, this was one payment for everything.

She looked over the docs and called me back to the window. I had filled out the wrong affidavit of support. (How this happend... I DON"T KNOW!). I was really nervous because I am a student and my father had to fill out a joint sponsor form and his must have been wrong too. I filled out the new document and nothing more was said.

In less than 10 minutes we were called to the window for our "interview". The woman was SUPER NICE! She smiled, laughed and even joked with us. She took my husbands finger prints and began asking questions about how we met, were we moved, what we were doing in Norway. What we would do in the States (workwise). She asked if either my husband or I had jobs linned up. Our answers were no. She made a reference to my father being the joint sponsor and that was it. It took less than 10 minutes. She told me everything was approved and explained what happens at the point of entry. It was great to hear "you have your permenant residence card, you can work right away!"

She told us they could have it ready for us today but since we aren't headed to the U.S. until mid-June we let them know we could pick it up later. They said they could mail it to us but we didn't feel comfortable.

Our experience was smooth and everyone was very helpful at the Embassy along the way!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Congratulations

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.