Robert Estevez

Medical Exam - Dominican Republic

61 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

You need to schedule the appointment(Cita) first. For that you need the NVC page with your case number to read "Ready". You're going to print that very same page with your case number assigned by NVC and your appointment letter and take it to the fingerprints and medical exam. If you wait for NVC to send you the letter with the case information then you'll be waiting for another 4 months (not exaggerating).

Thank you for the information! I'm a little nervous because we have the fingerprint appointment on 9/25 but our case still hasn't been sent to the embassy. If it doesn't get there in time, I'm assuming my fiance can't go yet and we will have to reschedule it. 😖

1 hour ago, Nikki82 said:

My fiancé is from DR, Santo Domingo and was told the same about his immunization records.  He had to redo all of them again.  

Thanks! As long as they won't deny service without it. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be a major issue. 😅

3 minutes ago, Nikki82 said:

Thank you! I have another question.  Did you have to get any vaccines at your medical exam? My fiancé is thinking he will need more vaccines during the exam. 

Yes I did lol. Everyone I remember did. It was around 18,000 Dominican pesos total if I remember correctly. That was April 2018.

8 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Thank you for the information! I'm a little nervous because we have the fingerprint appointment on 9/25 but our case still hasn't been sent to the embassy. If it doesn't get there in time, I'm assuming my fiance can't go yet and we will have to reschedule it. 😖

So you schedule the appointment without the case being ready? Well if it helps, it doesn't take that long for them to receive the case. When did NVC sent the case to DR?

6 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

So you schedule the appointment without the case being ready? Well if it helps, it doesn't take that long for them to receive the case. When did NVC sent the case to DR?

Yes I did, which I now see it may have been a major screw up on my part. I received our case number from the NVC on 9/5, but the NVC website STILL states our case is at the NVC (not even in transit). 

12 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Yes I did, which I now see it may have been a major screw up on my part. I received our case number from the NVC on 9/5, but the NVC website STILL states our case is at the NVC (not even in transit). 

Not necessarily. If the embassy let you schedule the appointment that means they must have the case already, NVC probably hasn't update it yet (could be wrong). It took them 2 days to receive mine. I would try and call the embassy to confirm, I must warn you though, their call center is REALLY bad. 

Edited by Robert Estevez

5 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

Not necessarily. If the embassy let you schedule the appointment that means they most have the case already, NVC probably hasn't update it yet (could be wrong). It took them 2 days to receive mine. I would try and call the embassy to confirm, I must warn you though, their call center is REALLY bad. 

Okay I will try that.  Thank you soooo much for your time! I know you are way past this stage, so I really appreciate your response. 

Just now, Vee_bay_bee said:

Okay I will try that.  Thank you soooo much for your time! I know you are way past this stage, so I really appreciate your response. 

I know how it feels going through that process and people here were really helpful while I was going through it. If you have ANY question at all, don't hesitate to post it here. Good luck and God bless!!

40 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

Yes I did lol. Everyone I remember did. It was around 18,000 Dominican pesos total if I remember correctly. That was April 2018.

Oh ok. Thank you so much for your help! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 9/14/2018 at 11:54 AM, Robert Estevez said:

You need to schedule the appointment(Cita) first. For that you need the NVC page with your case number to read "Ready". You're going to print that very same page with your case number assigned by NVC and your appointment letter and take it to the fingerprints and medical exam. If you wait for NVC to send you the letter with the case information then you'll be waiting for another 4 months (not exaggerating).

Hi, 

Our case is now "ready" at the embassy! & my fiance has his fingerprint appointment on Tuesday. I just want to make he has all the documents they will ask for. 

We haven't received any emails from the NVC with a letter stating that it is ready. So, it is okay to print a screenshot of the NVC website page showing our case is "ready" correct? Will they accept that? Along with our appointment letter? 

• 5 weeks later...

Dominican Republic Police Certificate - does anyone know when this needs to be obtained by? I read somewhere that it is only needed at the interview and it has to be issues no longer than 30 days. But then I read somewhere that the NVC needs the police certificate as part of the documents that need to be submitted. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC as I just got approved. I just want to be prepared.

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 3:32 PM, Robert Estevez said:

You only have to bring it to the interview. You don't have to send anything to NVC.

Just wondering if anyone went through this, my fiance and I went to his interview yesterday. He took his medical exam back in November. They did not have the results so they could not say if we were approved or not. However they said we needed to call them to ask why they were not in the system. We called yesterday to find out that it was an error on their part and ur should be in there tomorrow so we need to call them back to make sure it gets put into the system

1 hour ago, etapia said:

Just wondering if anyone went through this, my fiance and I went to his interview yesterday. He took his medical exam back in November. They did not have the results so they could not say if we were approved or not. However they said we needed to call them to ask why they were not in the system. We called yesterday to find out that it was an error on their part and ur should be in there tomorrow so we need to call them back to make sure it gets put into the system

I read about missing medical results that delayedapprovals. My husband went to the doctor office to pick them up and make sure all is well and they told him that they already sent everything to embassy. So I encourageeveryone to always follow up before the interview to see if their results were sent. We got our interview and approval at the DR embassy on Jan. 9th, 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.