Robert Estevez

Medical Exam - Dominican Republic

61 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, SMACEM2019 said:

This may be a dumb question but I keep seeing the acronym "VAC" what does this stand for?

Don't worry, we all learn day by day.

It is the Visa Application Center (VAC)

• 8 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Kazznv20 said:

Same thing happend to us my fiancee went to consultorios de vista and that didn't work after that she and our son when to servicios medicos consulares they were able to do it

So did you have to have something from NVC or screenshot of "READY" status to get the medical done at the Servicios Medicos Consulares?

event.png

2 minutes ago, HispanicLover said:

So did you have to have something from NVC or screenshot of "READY" status to get the medical done at the Servicios Medicos Consulares?

Either one is fine!

1 hour ago, Robert Estevez said:

Either one is fine!

But you have to have one or the other? My fiancé wants to take the Medical next Friday when going for the VAC so he doesn't have to go to the Capital again but our case won't be sent to the embassy from NVC until Tuesday. Everything I check does not state that anything is needed from NVC except on this thread. I just want to make sure he has everything needed. I also read that he cannot take cell phone in to the VAC or medical. Is there a place he can leave his phone because he has to have it with him while traveling to the Capital but won't have anywhere to keep it during the appointments. Also do you remember about how long the medical exam took to complete?

event.png

6 hours ago, HispanicLover said:

But you have to have one or the other? My fiancé wants to take the Medical next Friday when going for the VAC so he doesn't have to go to the Capital again but our case won't be sent to the embassy from NVC until Tuesday. Everything I check does not state that anything is needed from NVC except on this thread. I just want to make sure he has everything needed. I also read that he cannot take cell phone in to the VAC or medical. Is there a place he can leave his phone because he has to have it with him while traveling to the Capital but won't have anywhere to keep it during the appointments. Also do you remember about how long the medical exam took to complete?

Like I said before, either one you take is fine. The letter from NVC normally takes a while to get to you so what I did is I took a screenshot of the case from the NVC website stating that it was READY. I printed the screenshot and took it to the guy at the register. 

It depends on how many people go that day but the exam took less than an hour if I remember correctly.

20 minutes ago, Kazznv20 said:

there they just call the U.S Embassy in DR, because the email that they send take a while to get to my gmail account

I never received an email confirmation from NVC. By the time I got the written letter from them I was already here in the US.

2 minutes ago, Kazznv20 said:

I call them because they ask for the letter in the abreu clinic, but in consultorios de visa they just call directly

They'll always ask for that letter but I haven't heard of anyone who actually got it fast, that's why the screenshot of the case status on the NVC website was proposed on this thread.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, HispanicLover said:

Will this emailed letter from NVC work?

Ashley NVC.pdf 19.35 kB · 7 downloads

The answer is definitely YES - but I'm assuring you know this now! 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:34 AM, kec523 said:

The answer is definitely YES - but I'm assuring you know this now! 

Yes! Thanks for responding though. My fiancé is wondering if they will tell him if anything was wrong with his medical exam and if so how they notify him. Do you have any information about this?

event.png

15 minutes ago, HispanicLover said:

Yes! Thanks for responding though. My fiancé is wondering if they will tell him if anything was wrong with his medical exam and if so how they notify him. Do you have any information about this?

They'll either call your fiancé or tell him personally when he goes to pick up the results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.