3,014 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, MsVi2 said:

See, this is what's not making any sense!  Since when did USCIS start issuing c31 EAD cards before VAWA was approved??? There are people waiting for their c31 EAD months after VAWA was approved and haven't heard a peep. (me included). 

What the heck is going on? 

Hi! I got my EAD but heard nothing about VAWA. What is c31? Thank u for sharing

Filed: Other Timeline

So! 

Just found a few things out via my Senator.  My Expedite request for my c31 EAD sent back in March was finally approved a few weeks ago, they were ready to send it for production (without biometrics) but apparently because they seperated my i765 from my i360 (hence why my expedite request took so long to be approved, because they had shelved my petition and no one saw my expedite request.)  they are sending me an RFE for proof of identification even though everything was already submitted with my VAWA.  

Why does this have to be so redundant!  But at least I know that this part of the process if finally almost done! 

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MsVi2 said:

So! 

Just found a few things out via my Senator.  My Expedite request for my c31 EAD sent back in March was finally approved a few weeks ago, they were ready to send it for production (without biometrics) but apparently because they seperated my i765 from my i360 (hence why my expedite request took so long to be approved, because they had shelved my petition and no one saw my expedite request.)  they are sending me an RFE for proof of identification even though everything was already submitted with my VAWA.  

Why does this have to be so redundant!  But at least I know that this part of the process if finally almost done! 

When did u file your 1-360?has it been approved?

On 6/18/2018 at 11:56 AM, Military said:

So with all these updates that we initially considered to be potentially caused by an error in USCIS system,  and with I31 being sent out without being applied for and with no further updates on the actual I360, I have decided to schedule an infopass for early Friday morning to get some clarification. Hopefully, I will be able to shed some light on why and what exactly is going on so that persons on here that are in a similar position can have an idea tentatively what is going on and whether receipt of a C31 EAD is an indication that the I360 has been approved. I will keep you guys posted on the developments at infopass. 

UPDATE:

Went to the infopass today to get some clarification on a few things in relation to the I360 APP. The only useful information obtained was a confirmation of the info @Pinkrlion posted and I will just add a tad bit more.  As @Pinkrlionnoted earlier the emails that many of us have been receiving are not erroneous, just to add, however, everytime that your file is being/has been reviewed for any reason whatsoever you will get an update saying that "they are still reviewing your case and last reviewed/took action on ****"

As it relates to receiving EAD under category C31, the officer couldn't explain the reason, she suggested I write to USCIS Vermont and ask why they send me an EAD under that category :) she couldn't tell me whether or not it means that the I360 has been approved or whether it has been approved, just that a card (the EAD under C31) was recently issued, which I already knew. 

So I guess we will have to continue checking or watching email and text messages for an update on whats going. Feb filers like myself and by extension March and April 2017 filers I hope we start getting some approvals soon. 

4 hours ago, JJ_1017 said:

Hi Everyone!!!

I just joined this forum and I would like to share my timeline.

March 2017 - filed packet

April 2017 - Prima Facie / Biometrics done

Heard nothing until recently:

June 2018 - EAD received 

Waiting on what’s next !!! 

What was the category listed on your EAD?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Military said:

UPDATE:

Went to the infopass today to get some clarification on a few things in relation to the I360 APP. The only useful information obtained was a confirmation of the info @Pinkrlion posted and I will just add a tad bit more.  As @Pinkrlionnoted earlier the emails that many of us have been receiving are not erroneous, just to add, however, everytime that your file is being/has been reviewed for any reason whatsoever you will get an update saying that "they are still reviewing your case and last reviewed/took action on ****"

As it relates to receiving EAD under category C31, the officer couldn't explain the reason, she suggested I write to USCIS Vermont and ask why they send me an EAD under that category :) she couldn't tell me whether or not it means that the I360 has been approved or whether it has been approved, just that a card (the EAD under C31) was recently issued, which I already knew. 

So I guess we will have to continue checking or watching email and text messages for an update on whats going. Feb filers like myself and by extension March and April 2017 filers I hope we start getting some approvals soon. 

Hi 

I have been waiting for your update, so this means they are touching our files? I hope to get some news soon, am way June 2017 

2 hours ago, Military said:

UPDATE:

Thank for your sharing. I filed on Jan. 2018, and got RFE on Feb. for GMC. But I am not sure that USCIS is reviewing my case now. Beacuse that date of mine is in the waitlist.

19 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Thank for your sharing. I filed on Jan. 2018, and got RFE on Feb. for GMC. But I am not sure that USCIS is reviewing my case now. Beacuse that date of mine is in the waitlist.

I think persons within the waitlist are getting reviewed I think @sandraj mentioned that she has gotten approvals for cases filed in March and April. I filed in Feb and I received a new EAD under category C31 so I believe it sometimes depends on the individual officer that is adjudicating your case, some work faster than some I guess. 

Edited by Military

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.