3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

It has already been explained several times that when you activate an account with https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, you will receive emails that state we are still reviewing your case.  It is NOT a USCIS glitch, and you will receive this email ALL the time while your applications are being adjudicated.    You will receive these emails for each case you added to your account such as 360, 485, 131, and 765.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 5, 2018.

Thanks for your response to that but whenever I check my case status online for both i485 & i360, there's nothing showing or it's been updated. Is it okay for that to happen?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Is there a difference in waiting time if the abuser is LPR ?

There is no difference in the waiting time for VAWA petitioners, but if the former spouse is not an US.Citizen then the waiting time is different to file I-485.

4 minutes ago, sandranj said:

There is no difference in the waiting time for VAWA petitioners, but if the former spouse is not an US.Citizen then the waiting time is different to file I-485.

Ijust checked on immigration status on line it says your interview was scheduled on june 19 2018 imagine is and idint recieve any letter what do ido should igo info pass tommorow ..your answers will help me please

4 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Ijust checked on immigration status on line it says your interview was scheduled on june 19 2018 imagine is and idint recieve any letter what do ido should igo info pass tommorow ..your answers will help me please

Iguess the interview was for me and my abuser

Timeline
On 6/14/2018 at 9:38 AM, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks Iwillsurvive answer,
What kind of evidence did you present to USCCIS when you sent your case? Did you only submit the affidavit?
I understood that, if a case is not submitted for physical abuse, then a psychological evaluation was mandatory.
Thanks for your help and guidance !!

It's not mandatory to submit a psychological evaluation, but when the person doesn't a police report or a restraining order then it's advised to submit a psychological evaluation.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Iguess the interview was for me and my abuser

Check the number of your case to see if the interview was regarding the AOS that you filed when living with your husband. 

If the person doesn't attend the interview then USCIS will deny the AOS. If they deny the AOS then file a new one, and send a letter to the local office asking them not to issue  the NOTICE TO APPEAR,  submit a  copy of the post office receipt along with the letter, but if you had your VAWA petition approved then you should file a motion to reopen.

40 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Check the number of your case to see if the interview was regarding the AOS that you filed when living with your husband. 

If the person doesn't attend the interview then USCIS will deny the AOS. If they deny the AOS then file a new one, and send a letter to the local office asking them not to issue  the NOTICE TO APPEAR,  submit a  copy of the post office receipt along with the letter, but if you had your VAWA petition approved then you should file a motion to reopen.

My vawa is not yet approved ,, ifiled in Feb 2018 .. But the on line status. Say on 06. 19 .2018 we will send you aletter to schedule an appointment ..so ihope this 19th is they send me aletter maybe . the letter will have adifferent date...but thank you sandra for your response.. So when iget aletter ihave to. Go for interview and explain to them that ifiled vawa??? Or can igo tomorrow. Infopass to let them know about vawa before they send aletter??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have some questions that I need help with. My EAD expired last month. I did not bother much about renewal because my mind was focused on putting my evidence together for my vawa case. i finally filed my vawa case and it was received on may 18, 2018. I received a 797c receipt notice with my vawa receipt number 2 weeks ago. I went ahead to book an infopass to go and inform uscis that i have filed vawa and i have a reciept number and all. my info pass is on friday June 22nd 2018 which is 3 days away. I also sent in an application for renewal of my EAD yesterday and from my tracking it was delivered today.

Now that i have been reading about prima fascie. i am confused. my question is

1) Was i suppose to get a prima fascie before applying for renewal of my EAD?

2) If the answer to the first question above is yes, then what is the procedure of requesting for a prima fascie and what other advice would you give me going forward? Thank you all for your responses as i await them.

31 minutes ago, Kersac said:

Hi everyone, I have some questions that I need help with. My EAD expired last month. I did not bother much about renewal because my mind was focused on putting my evidence together for my vawa case. i finally filed my vawa case and it was received on may 18, 2018. I received a 797c receipt notice with my vawa receipt number 2 weeks ago. I went ahead to book an infopass to go and inform uscis that i have filed vawa and i have a reciept number and all. my info pass is on friday June 22nd 2018 which is 3 days away. I also sent in an application for renewal of my EAD yesterday and from my tracking it was delivered today.

Now that i have been reading about prima fascie. i am confused. my question is

1) Was i suppose to get a prima fascie before applying for renewal of my EAD?

2) If the answer to the first question above is yes, then what is the procedure of requesting for a prima fascie and what other advice would you give me going forward? Thank you all for your responses as i await them.

You don’t need the PF to apply for a I765. Now if understand correctly you just sent your Vawa application so how are u going to renew your EAD? You need to apply for a new EAD through your vawa. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goyo said:

You don’t need the PF to apply for a I765. Now if understand correctly you just sent your Vawa application so how are u going to renew your EAD? You need to apply for a new EAD through your vawa. 

Applying for a new EAD through Vawa means i have to wait until my vawa application is approved before i will get a work permit. That option is not feasible for me now. I need to work now. Thats why i said i came across prima fascie and i am confused how it works. I already sent in a renewal application 2 days and i dont have prima fascie. Did i do the right thing? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing good and praying for responses from uscis, now am requesting anyone from Massachusetts, how did you get you good moral character from here I have been trying but I can't happen to get, I did not attach it on my application so I have a feeling I will get and rfe needing it, and also people from new jersey. Thanks all

1 hour ago, Kersac said:

Applying for a new EAD through Vawa means i have to wait until my vawa application is approved before i will get a work permit. That option is not feasible for me now. I need to work now. Thats why i said i came across prima fascie and i am confused how it works. I already sent in a renewal application 2 days and i dont have prima fascie. Did i do the right thing? 

Prima Facie has nothing to do with your EAD or your ability to work. 

The Prima Facie letter allows you to apply for certain public benefits while your VAWA petition is pending (such as FAFSA, food stamps, etc.). 

If you have a pending I-485, you can apply for your EAD under category C9, meaning it will take about 3-5 months for you to receive the new EAD. If you apply for EAD under category C31, you have to wait for your VAWA to be approved (15+ months) in order to receive your EAD. It all depends which category you marked on your I-765 application. 

1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing good and praying for responses from uscis, now am requesting anyone from Massachusetts, how did you get you good moral character from here I have been trying but I can't happen to get, I did not attach it on my application so I have a feeling I will get and rfe needing it, and also people from new jersey. Thanks all

I would look up a police station that offers live scan/fingerprinting. They can issue police clearance for you. Just give the station’s hotline a call. 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 5:32 PM, iwillsurvive said:

Congratulations! What’s your field office? 

Las Vegas.. 

Last thursday, it updated that card is being ordered.. last sunday.. another update that weve approved yur case for i485...

how long does it take for me to get the card? Have they mailed the card? Or I need to wait for another update? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.