3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
16 minutes ago, SssMay said:

I’m male too. I am so worried about my case before I saw your post. I thought female has more advantages than male in the vawa case. But I know I’m wrong. My ex wife is not a physical abuser. She is a mental absuer. I sent a psychological evaluation to USCIS. Can someone will get approval based mental abuse?

I had strong evidence of mental abuse. My case was approved under mental abuse.  Stay calm, you have a long journey. My case took 19 months

3 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Same to me. I filed vawa on Jan. 2018 and got rfe for GMC on March. Then I received PF and EAD card. 

Your posts give me a hope. Thanks.

23 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Police report, text messages, psychological evaluation. 

only got 1 RFE. It was for Good moral character. 

Your posts give me a hope. Thanks.

My timeline for VAWA to GC : 

10.16.2016 = VAWA Application sent along with I-485, I-765(Psychological evaluation and police report sent)

10.25.2016 = VAWA receipt

11.02.2016 = 1 RFE received for Good moral character and submitted the police clearance reports for all states i lived past 3 years.

11.29.2016 = I-765, I-485 receipt 

01.31.2017 = Appointment for Finger printing and photo was taken

12.06.2017 = EAD card start date and received

01.02.2018 = VAWA Approved

05.31.2018 = I-485 Interview attended and RFE received on same day to submit the medical record as they were expired and will be issued after receiving

06.08.2018 = GC Start date and received on June 22nd with USPS mail delays due to typo of addresses as my attorney address changed.

This forum had good support from Sandra and other people taking their time answering and encouraging with their positive words. Thanks for all.

Things that helped me out other than attorney  was contacting congressman and signed up for updates from USCIS. Please be prepared with RFEs received by others if they were not submitted to avoid any delays from your end. Good luck and God bless you all..

If you forget sending anything don't panic and keep it ready to be sent later through attorney like evidence...

Patient and Perseverance will be awarded and keep your complete faith in God.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, sunshine99 said:

My timeline for VAWA to GC : 

10.16.2016 = VAWA Application sent along with I-485, I-765(Psychological evaluation and police report sent)

10.25.2016 = VAWA receipt

11.02.2016 = 1 RFE received for Good moral character and submitted the police clearance reports for all states i lived past 3 years.

11.29.2016 = I-765, I-485 receipt 

01.31.2017 = Appointment for Finger printing and photo was taken

12.06.2017 = EAD card start date and received

01.02.2018 = VAWA Approved

05.31.2018 = I-485 Interview attended and RFE received on same day to submit the medical record as they were expired and will be issued after receiving

06.08.2018 = GC Start date and received on June 22nd with USPS mail delays due to typo of addresses as my attorney address changed.

This forum had good support from Sandra and other people taking their time answering and encouraging with their positive words. Thanks for all.

Things that helped me out other than attorney  was contacting congressman and signed up for updates from USCIS. Please be prepared with RFEs received by others if they were not submitted to avoid any delays from your end. Good luck and God bless you all..

If you forget sending anything don't panic and keep it ready to be sent later through attorney like evidence...

Patient and Perseverance will be awarded and keep your complete faith in God.

Congratulations!!!! How was the interview .. what questions did they ask ?? Can you tell me exactly how long after your vawa approval did u get your interview and what state do u live in ??? 

It took 4 months from Jan1st to May 31st the day of interview. Florida and my attorney was in different city and interview was at USCIS center close to my city and paid for the travel for my attorney to attend. The interview was basically going through the documents they asked in the appointment letter sent. The officer was good and just asked for marriage certificate and birth certificate and asked if I was divorced. The officer will ask the questions from your I-485 application like were you arrested, involved in drugs etc. I was told by my attorney to answer to the question as Yes or No and not add anything extra. The medical records submitted were expired and so RFE given at the interview. Emailed the sealed medical record on June 4th. 

3 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Congratulations!!!! How was the interview .. what questions did they ask ?? Can you tell me exactly how long after your vawa approval did u get your interview and what state do u live in ??? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, sunshine99 said:

It took 4 months from Jan1st to May 31st the day of interview. Florida and my attorney was in different city and interview was at USCIS center close to my city and paid for the travel for my attorney to attend. The interview was basically going through the documents they asked in the appointment letter sent. The officer was good and just asked for marriage certificate and birth certificate and asked if I was divorced. The officer will ask the questions from your I-485 application like were you arrested, involved in drugs etc. I was told by my attorney to answer to the question as Yes or No and not add anything extra. The medical records submitted were expired and so RFE given at the interview. Emailed the sealed medical record on June 4th. 

Perfect! Thank you very much ! And congrats again

1 hour ago, sunshine99 said:

Can you tell me in what city is your lawyer? How much does your lawyer charge you for the entire process?
I need someone to recommend a lawyer in South Florida please!

Edited by Florecita_Bella

15 hours ago, gramercy said:

Nothing at all I was stuck on that status for almost 18 months it doesn't get updated unless there is an rfe/correspondence or with approval.

Even some claimed they got their approval notice but no status update.

Being issued a new Prima Facie doesn't reflect on your online status.

I totally agree I was stuck there for a min until I got a few weird updates such as ordered new card and card shipped.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

I just want to thank evevryone in this forum. Each and everyone has been supportive. And informative. I finally got my GC today. My lawyer got it in the mail yesterday, Saturday and was able to get it just today. 

It maybe a long journey but everything will fall into its right places.. 

8.2016 Filed Vawa

11.2016 i485 put on hold 

was given 3 prima facie the entire process 

12.2017 RFE for bonafide marriage 

2.2018 VAWA approved 

6.14.2018 i485 interview - on the spot approval 

6.23.2018 - got the gc in the mail 

thank you!!! 

@sandranj - youre an angel! Thank you for all your help.. 

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.