Waqas Ali

NVC Delay To enter the case in NVC System

50 posts in this topic

I think they are slowing down because they can't cope with the volume of cases. We got our case assigned in January after approved in December, so it took 2-3 weeks which appeared to be normal, now it can take them a month or two, I've read a lot of people complaining about the wait to get a case number.

For instance, in comparison to other countries that take a few weeks or a month at most, Mexico is so backlogged that it is taking 4 friggin' months to assign an interview after CC. 4 weeks in, we haven't even been approved yet, (it takes no more than 3 weeks for other people to get CC) so I feel ya. I mention it because it's not a process that takes the same amount of time for everyone, and it's hard to predict. It's unfair but it is the way it is.  Nothing about this is easy, it's expensive and it feels like it takes forever. Good luck! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

4 hours ago, shexy said:

Waiting561 

Please are you able to login and establish an agent with ur case number becaue I still can't login with my case number I called NVC they keep telling me to wait until I receive the welcome letter in mail.

I was not able to log in to establish an agent either. When I originally got my case number I was told to go online to choose an agent and call back the second day to get that info reviewed. When I tried logging it it also told me my visa was not available for further processing. Called back the same day and a lady told me to wait a couple of days for that information entered in to the system and then I can choose an agent. Now when I called back Tuesday they told me I have to wait up to 3-4 weeks before I can choose an agent <_< Don't know what's going on anymore -_-

4 hours ago, abum said:

i called just now, NVC said they have received my case from USCIS on 28th Feb but has not been processed - so no NVC case # yet for me.

How often should i call them to get an update?

It's average about 2 weeks to get a case number but lately a lot of people have been saying it's been taking 3 weeks. My case number was assigned at 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dianalorena said:

I think they are slowing down because they can't cope with the volume of cases. We got our case assigned in January after approved in December, so it took 2-3 weeks which appeared to be normal, now it can take them a month or two, I've read a lot of people complaining about the wait to get a case number.

For instance, in comparison to other countries that take a few weeks or a month at most, Mexico is so backlogged that it is taking 4 friggin' months to assign an interview after CC. 4 weeks in, we haven't even been approved yet, (it takes no more than 3 weeks for other people to get CC) so I feel ya. I mention it because it's not a process that takes the same amount of time for everyone, and it's hard to predict. It's unfair but it is the way it is.  Nothing about this is easy, it's expensive and it feels like it takes forever. Good luck! 

yep, I think it might be related with Nebraska suddenly deciding to wokr faster. People that filled 2 and even 3 months after my PD got approved almost at the same time than me.

You are still lucky, in many other embassies takes way longer than 2 months to schedule the interview. You are so close to finish :D

8 minutes ago, ASMS said:

yep, I think it might be related with Nebraska suddenly deciding to wokr faster. People that filled 2 and even 3 months after my PD got approved almost at the same time than me.

You are still lucky, in many other embassies takes way longer than 2 months to schedule the interview. You are so close to finish :D

That sucks. :( what other embassies are struggling with a 4+ month wait? 

I know it's not a struggle exclusive to Mexico, but after the 10 and a half month wait in Nebraska patience is certainly not a virtue I still have, hah. I get ya, I'm seeing people approved in half the time and complain a lot. Oh, and they're going through the process together and not long distance. I mean they have the right to complain as well of course and every case is different, but come on, I wish that was my situation! haha.

My guess is that USCIS got a LOT of cases in November between the fee increase and new president (not getting political, it's just a guess) and couldn't cope with it, so we were unlucky. Very poor handling from Nebraska, but what's done is done. No other thing we can do but to keep waiting *sigh* 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I called NVC few days before they say there is backlog and their computer system having problem thats why we couldn't enter your case into the system and I was told by them that you are not the only one.

NVC revived my case on January 22nd, 2018 and not in their system yet.

Any thoughts what should I need to do besides contacting the supervisor, e-mails and call, because I used all those methods.   

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Waqas Ali said:

I called NVC few days before they say there is backlog and their computer system having problem thats why we couldn't enter your case into the system and I was told by them that you are not the only one.

NVC revived my case on January 22nd, 2018 and not in their system yet.

Any thoughts what should I need to do besides contacting the supervisor, e-mails and call, because I used all those methods.   

I'm sorry but all you have to do now is wait as a they said... but keep calling maybe twice a week. Because most of us that have a case number of recent can't move on because it's either case number no active or waiting for welcome letter to continue.  We are almost in the same boat 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Waqas Ali said:

Anybody whose case approved in January, 2018 or  February, 2018 and have the NVC Case#

Yes..got numbers on 3/6...I was just told up to 6 weeks for email letter to be sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.