julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, h&y said:

Yeah you're right. Hope for the best! I may give calling daily a rest and call in a few days. I'm too stressed with work to keep calling nvc to add more stress lol my boss saw it today on my face that I'm just tired! May consider a 4 day weekend to see the fiancé and hand deliver the documents needed. This process should come with free yoga classes 🧘‍♀️ 

Crossing my fingers! Haha 

i can definitely relate there! I think this process takes its toll on everyone which is unfortunate but the end result will be worth it!

I wish I could’ve done that honestly, 7 months without seeing each other is not nice lol but that’s awesome you guys can do that :D 

heck, they need to throw in a free honeymoon after all this :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

I know which is what put me in panic mode.. I’m planning on calling in a bit actually keep me informed of what happens when you call! 

Exactly. Called Friday two separate people told me it was received called today now they are telling me they haven’t received it yet 

Okaaaay. Just spoke to another rep and still “not received “. Now that’s frustrating. I will try to call tomorrow. Doesn’t matter if they were backlogged coz it should’ve been on there system when it was seen by a rep last friday.

Maybe we should not call on a Monday folks. @Just-in-case18 @h&y

The stress is too real :ph34r:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KAF said:

Okaaaay. Just spoke to another rep and still “not received “. Now that’s frustrating. I will try to call tomorrow. Doesn’t matter if they were backlogged coz it should’ve been on there system when it was seen by a rep last friday.

Maybe we should not call on a Monday folks. @Just-in-case18 @h&y

The stress is too real :ph34r:

I agree incredibly frustrating and honestly it has me on edge thinking the worst because it doesn’t just go from received to all of a sudden not 🙄

never calling on a Monday again! I’ll call tomorrow night.. hopefully we all hear something tomorrow :D 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, h&y said:

Hahaha that would be awesome! 

I cant imagine going 7 months! I was pretty lucky with work because we were mid- opening a new area at NYU so it was slow enough where I wasn't missed lol so I was able to take a trip every two months for about 10 days. But now forget it. That new area is open and I can barely get a day off but I told my boss that I may do a 4 day weekend even though that'll cost me 800$ round trip.. blah! 

Its hard to move forward but I kind of have no choice. I just put a deposit down on an apartment with a move in date of July 12. Trying to be positive and plan for his airport welcome eventually! Beats complaining I suppose lol 

That’s amazing honestly I would’ve killed to see him every couple months but we figured we’d save and wait for him to fly over permanently 

I honestly feel like just hopping on a plane tomorrow buuuuttt unfortunately with work it’s not possible :( haha 

it certainly does! :) our friends are going to go to the airport with me when he gets here, they’re just as excited to see him as I am lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amit M said:

@Greenbaum thank you so much for your responses. Also, I’m from india and on us travel immigration website it says that now k-1 is processed at Mumbai location but noa2 approval notice says New Delhi is as a consulate? Is that a generic mail sent? But why would USCIS send outdated info or has it changed to New Delhi?

I put Chennai when I first applied, NVC corrected it and sent it to Mumbai. You can always call them and confirm. 

9 hours ago, turkishdelight said:

Has anyone with an electronic case # seen their application leave NVC on the same day the case number is assigned? It's been a month since NOA2 so I want to get this show on the road!

Meeeee! Got the emails then I checked my case and it says "In transit" at the same day. :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

7 hours ago, manful said:

Any news on your NVC case number? Fingers crossed you get it soon. It's nice to be able to follow your timeline since you're just ahead of us and from Switzerland! I'm dying to know what documents they want, I just keep collecting the financial stuff just in case. Good luck and I hope you don't mind my lurking around your timeline :)

are u the swiss or the petitioner? :)

yes of course, feel free to follow our timeline! 

sadly - still no case number!

i called at 2am aka 8 pm their time, and still nada. at least i had daphne on the phone who i never

had on the phone before! lol it's just frustrating to see they got the case on 23rd, and i read that someone had the noa2 on 20th, nvc got it 30 and assigned same day. stuff like that is what makes me more frustrated.

i know they don't follow a strict structure on processing in order, but as a swiss and following strict guidelines and be fair and all that stuff,

this is hard to swallow... and i knoooow it can take up to 8 weeks and blablabla - and this is not to panic or have someone else feel it's wrong

to wait for weeks...

i have a good to do list for distraction so i keep doing all these million little things (not K1  related) that help get through the days now.

it's the circumstances that make everything hard. you (or your partner) as a swiss will understand, we have the 3 months notice periods in this country

for everything so we had to pick a date last year when to quit job/apartment and that's the hard part right now. knowing i moved out of my

home that used to be my comfy spot (end of jan) and i quit my job due to the location where my family stays (2 hour travel per way). so 

working 10-13 hours daily with all the responsibility and challenges, and now coming down from 100 to 0 is crazy.... for body and soul.

but we're almost there, that's why the to-do list i created will help to get through the next few weeks ;)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

@Swissmiss82 I have a feeling that you'll get your case number before this week ends. I fully support your to do list for distraction. :jest: Aja, girl! Prepare everything/every papers that are needed for medical and interview. Eat healthy, get enough sleep, drink water and take vitamin C. You'll receive it any day this week so no stressin', okay? :wub:

2 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

@Swissmiss82 I have a feeling that you'll get your case number before this week ends. I fully support your to do list for distraction. :jest: Aja, girl! Prepare everything/every papers that are needed for medical and interview. Eat healthy, get enough sleep, drink water and take vitamin C. You'll receive it any day this week so no stressin', okay? :wub:

thanks sweety!

all paperwork and all for medical has been ready for 3 months lol so i went through that huge pile about 8 times to double check and i am ready!

eat healthy? as i'm not working i cook for my fam every day and make the healthiest and best meals from breakfast - dinnertime haha...

i sleep AND take naps if i'm tired enough (which i'm not cos i get 8-9 hours of sleep every night), i do daily walks for 1-2 hours out in the nature.

i drink like a cow, up to 1 gallon of water every day since i'm little lol and i take daily vitamins and OPC, so i'm good hahaha

i tell u - i'm ready! but my to do list now is really great distraction and keeps me busy for a minimum of 7 days! haha

thanks for believing in us! i hope so too, i'll pop another bottle of champagne when we get it haha

how is it going for you? all ready for the papers u need?

5 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks sweety!

all paperwork and all for medical has been ready for 3 months lol so i went through that huge pile about 8 times to double check and i am ready!

eat healthy? as i'm not working i cook for my fam every day and make the healthiest and best meals from breakfast - dinnertime haha...

i sleep AND take naps if i'm tired enough (which i'm not cos i get 8-9 hours of sleep every night), i do daily walks for 1-2 hours out in the nature.

i drink like a cow, up to 1 gallon of water every day since i'm little lol and i take daily vitamins and OPC, so i'm good hahaha

i tell u - i'm ready! but my to do list now is really great distraction and keeps me busy for a minimum of 7 days! haha

thanks for believing in us! i hope so too, i'll pop another bottle of champagne when we get it haha

how is it going for you? all ready for the papers u need?

Great! I knew you're fully prepared now. :wub: I am sure your family enjoys your cooking and they're making the most of your company while you're there. Just have fun with your fambam because you'll be leaving them soon and I'm sure they'll gonna miss you. 

As for me, I am waiting for my notification from the USEM here that they already received my case and that they'll be sending the packet 3 soon. I hope it won't take that long. Planning to schedule my interview after receiving the packet 3. :jest:

8 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Great! I knew you're fully prepared now. :wub: I am sure your family enjoys your cooking and they're making the most of your company while you're there. Just have fun with your fambam because you'll be leaving them soon and I'm sure they'll gonna miss you. 

As for me, I am waiting for my notification from the USEM here that they already received my case and that they'll be sending the packet 3 soon. I hope it won't take that long. Planning to schedule my interview after receiving the packet 3. :jest:

oooh they better hurry up on that packet 3!!! :D ayyyy!

i cross my fingers that it's happening these days and u r ready to roll!

i know - they love me for all the cooking, and mom keeps inviting more cousins and neighbors and stuff cos it's always so fun for them to sit down

and get all kinds of goodies hahaha

btw - this was the easter brunch i prepared for my 3 friends and mom :D (i baked easter bunny breads too hahaha)

29598379_10155278424906767_7037483048205

29542169_10155278431901767_1115399679437

Aww thanks, dear! @Swissmiss82  and Wooooww! That table looks fancy and the foods look yummy! I'm sure everyone enjoyed that Easter meal and felt happy because they got Victoria's Secret goodie bags on the side. Yayyy! I love the Easter bunny bread. It's super cute. 

17 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Aww thanks, dear! @Swissmiss82  and Wooooww! That table looks fancy and the foods look yummy! I'm sure everyone enjoyed that Easter meal and felt happy because they got Victoria's Secret goodie bags on the side. Yayyy! I love the Easter bunny bread. It's super cute. 

hahaha the goodie bags didnt consider VS goodies though! 

they had homemade jelly (made figs, strawberry and mixed berries) and tea's in it.... lol 

just had some extra bags and figured it'd look cute hahahaha

crossing my finger for your packet 3!!! tschakkkaaaaaaa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jesus said:

image.png.8dbf1c93cfcc5cc870f04e7127e1b14b.pngimage.png.8dbf1c93cfcc5cc870f04e7127e1b14b.png

¿Cuál es el id del caso? ¿Dónde puedo encontrar esto?

Gracias

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.