LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this group and I need some suggestion.

1. I came to US in Feb 2017 on B2(Visitor) visa to visit my family. I often come to US for 6 months in US almost every year. My I-94 expiry date was Aug 2017. I was taken to secondary inspection at POE regarding my frequent visits.

2. I met my husband in May 2017. He was a Green card holder. We decided to get married and filed for my B2 extension and I-130 for Consular processing. Since then I am in US. I have not received any decision on my first extension so after 6 months I filed for my 2nd B2 visa extension so that I can stay in US. In the meantime my husband filed for his citizenship and today 04/06/2018, he becomes the citizen and I become his Immediate relative.

All the above processing was done by our attorney till date except my husband's citizenship process (which we had done ourselves)

Now here is the current situation.

1. I had filed my I-130 petition in F2A category. My PD is July 25, 2017. There is no NOA2 received yet.

2. Now I have become an immediate relative that means I don't have to wait for my date to be current and I can file AOS and packet IV.

I want to know where should I send my papers to upgrade my application. USCIS or directly to NVC?

I want to submit all my papers myself instead of going through an attorney as I already gave the hefty amount to him and there is an additional cost which is equivalent to the fees he is asking.

Please advise.

Edited by JAtlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

YEAAAAA! SO glad to finally be here! (I promise, I'm crazy...lol)

So we put in my Cuban husband's AOS in about mid-March and we got out NOA1 about 1 week ago and just got his biometrics appointment letter this week!

WOW THIS IS FAST!

But maybe it's going fast because we started as a K-1 visa couple? (That was SUPER hell for Cuban applicants BTW. We had to go to BOGOTA, COLUMBIA for the K-1 visa interview. Bogota is REALLY cool btw. Had a great time there! Nothing like the drug movies. LBVS.)

Any Cuban K-1 couples in the forum? Super curious. Also, did any other K-1 couples have a HELL OF A TIME getting their K-1, or was it just us? LOL. 

Anyways, I'm super excited to finally be here. Green card bound ya'll! 

~Ari from chicagomeetshavana.com 

5b520b3eb8931_CMHlogo400x400.png.f01253de7b3f9a2ca5955591a0700cbd.png

Share this blog with those going through the adjustment of status immigration journey! https://chicagomeetshavana.com 

We’ve got a new, safe-space community on Facebook. Join our Chicagomeetshavana Visa Tribe here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, LolaaBrett said:

2017 taxes I sent 2016.. I did that because my mom never received it yet.

I’ve read lots on here with folks worried about taxes. We filed AOS and sent 2016.

im certain the the instructions on the USCIS website it says to submit your most recent tax filing.

Are people actually getting rfe’s for this?

USCIS can’t do that (I don’t think...!) because it’s on their website to submit the most recent year.

23 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I’ve read lots on here with folks worried about taxes. We filed AOS and sent 2016.

im certain the the instructions on the USCIS website it says to submit your most recent tax filing.

USCIS can’t do that (I don’t think...!) because it’s on their website to submit the most recent year.

It's the government, they can do what they want lol.

But yes, people are actually getting RFE's for it, but some I'm seeing are being reminded to bring the most up to date one to an interview. It's a luck of the draw, as per.

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
39 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Most people didn't receive their w2s yet that's why 2016 have been sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, everyone! I’m done with my biometrics last April 4 :)) It was fast coz there was no applicants other than me. I know someone who has their Bio last April 2, her case updated to Fingerprint Review Was Completed last Saturday. I thought her case was fast. We have the same date of Filing. Anyone here who’s case has been updated? I’m trying not to check mine every now and then but I still couldn’t help it :D

On 04/04/2018 at 1:55 PM, Britinstl said:

Turns out my RFE is an RFIE which resets my clock, ugh.

I'm also annoyed because I had submitted what they're asking!

It's saying I didn't submit sufficient evidence, and that I've submitted secondary evidence and/or a birth affidavit as proof of my birth record.

The copy of my birth certificate I sent in a certified copy of an entry, which came from the general register office (logo in bottom right corner). It has my parents full names on it, my date and place of birth, signature of registrar etc. 

So what exactly do they want me to submit? I'm confused.

We received the exact same RFE,turns out when we sent in birth certificate the logo In the bottom right didn’t print properly 🤔 had to go and photocopy another one with full logo visible,they received our RFE response and now just waiting 

1 minute ago, GazLisa said:

We received the exact same RFE,turns out when we sent in birth certificate the logo In the bottom right didn’t print properly 🤔 had to go and photocopy another one with full logo visible,they received our RFE response and now just waiting 

Just waiting for them to acknowledge mine too! It's annoying but oh well!

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guys,

I need urgent assistance. I am freaking out here!!!!. 3 days ago I received 3 RIEs for my wife and 2 kids (yellow notices). The reason for them is immaterial to my question here. However the RIE stated, in bold letters, that I should include a copy of ALL pages of the Notice with my response. I then made copies of the notice and sent with all the requested documents. Looking back, I think I should have sent the original yellow copies of the notice.

My question is: Is this going to be a big issue? Will they reject my application because of that? Do you guys think they will send all the documents back and insist I attach the original yellow notices?

Please your thoughtful responses are requested.

19 minutes ago, saintike said:

Guys,

I need urgent assistance. I am freaking out here!!!!. 3 days ago I received 3 RIEs for my wife and 2 kids (yellow notices). The reason for them is immaterial to my question here. However the RIE stated, in bold letters, that I should include a copy of ALL pages of the Notice with my response. I then made copies of the notice and sent with all the requested documents. Looking back, I think I should have sent the original yellow copies of the notice.

My question is: Is this going to be a big issue? Will they reject my application because of that? Do you guys think they will send all the documents back and insist I attach the original yellow notices?

Erm... It clearly states 'copy', which you did. The original is for your records, hence why they want copies so they can scan that bar code at the time and know who's case the RFE is for.

I got an email today confirming my response to the RFE was received by USCIS and my case is no longer on hold. Thankful for that.

Odd thing - the old case tracker site showed not 1 update since they 'received' my case for all forms. The new tracker site was the one that was updated (biometrics fee received, biometrics received, RFE sent, etc) from then on, but now the old case tracker site is the one that has the update that USCIS has received my response for RFE.

Edited by Britinstl

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

Erm... It clearly states 'copy', which you did. The original is for your records, hence why they want copies so they can scan that bar code at the time and know who's case the RFE is for.

I got an email today confirming my response to the RFE was received by USCIS and my case is no longer on hold. Thankful for that.

Odd thing - the old case tracker site showed not 1 update since they 'received' my case for all forms. The new tracker site was the one that was updated (biometrics fee received, biometrics received, RFE sent, etc) from then on, but now the old case tracker site is the one that has the update that USCIS has received my response for RFE.

Which one is the new case tracker site? Kindly tell me please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, saintike said:

Guys,

Not quite sure if it is the same situation, but I received a rejection letter with yellow page plus notice letter and when I resend it I put only yellow letter on top of my response and I kept the notice as it said that it is my copy (so they should have their). Anyway, the petition was accepted and I already received paper NOA for that.

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, pattyandvern said:

Not quite sure if it is the same situation, but I received a rejection letter with yellow page plus notice letter and when I resend it I put only yellow letter on top of my response and I kept the notice as it said that it is my copy (so they should have their). Anyway, the petition was accepted and I already received paper NOA for that.

In your case, you put the yellow paper. In my case, i made photocopies of the yellow papers i received and sent those and kept the yellow papers. So what do you think would happen? My questions above show my concerns..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's so frustrating to refresh the website everyday and nothing changes... I was expecting something like "biometrics complete" after biometrics.. but nothing ever changed after "biometrics fee received " i know its super early lol but ugh it makes me so anxious

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaMolina said:

It's so frustrating to refresh the website everyday and nothing changes... I was expecting something like "biometrics complete" after biometrics.. but nothing ever changed after "biometrics fee received " i know its super early lol but ugh it makes me so anxious

Best thing is to find other things around the house, or family to do. Otherwise you will be angry all the time. Believe me.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.