dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, selsiii said:

This is becoming a total BS! K1s are still getting their case numbers within a week of NVC receiving their cases even with the 8weeks time update and am still getting the same it can take up to 8weeks bs. Is it a crime to be married for this process? What makes their case more important than mine or everyone else waiting on a case number for weeks?

Yep, that's what I've concluded as well. Definitely a crime to be married since existing processes heavily favor fiances for options and timelines. So frustrating, going crazy from this stupid wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, skyzee said:

Yep, that's what I've concluded as well. Definitely a crime to be married since existing processes heavily favor fiances for options and timelines. So frustrating, going crazy from this stupid wait.

That is not fair! It’s claim they believe in keeping families together but NO let’s make them

wait forever to be together. I haven’t seen my husband in close to a year and a half now but I believe  1001 boyfriends and girlfriends have already moved in a settled with their loved ones. It’s nothing against them but this sustem

is biased against married couples!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Tkim said:

Thank you. Does your AOS fee show “paid” yet? How long does it take to process the fee?

AOS says paid. IV still says in process. I would say it shouldn’t take longer than a week for it to say paid. Just make sure you call to have them review the ds 261 first. That will speed the process up. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ABK said:

Aww, this is bad. They should do it automatically. It's my 4th week today. I called last friday and the lady asked me to wait for 8 weeks. What do you say when you call? I want my case to be sent to a supervisor? Thank you very much for your help.

When I first called it was back in January when they were still saying it takes 2 weeks to get the case number...so after 2 weeks they said they'll send it to a supervisor. Then a week later they told me it takes 6 weeks for the supervisor review! So I'm not sure what they're doing now...but "supervisor review" didn't speed anything up. Maybe just call once a week & ask if it's possible for it to go to a supervisor?? If it's a pivot case it will take about 8-9 weeks...I don't think anything will speed it up...and not calling probably won't slow it down. It's very frustrating!!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

When I first called it was back in January when they were still saying it takes 2 weeks to get the case number...so after 2 weeks they said they'll send it to a supervisor. Then a week later they told me it takes 6 weeks for the supervisor review! So I'm not sure what they're doing now...but "supervisor review" didn't speed anything up. Maybe just call once a week & ask if it's possible for it to go to a supervisor?? If it's a pivot case it will take about 8-9 weeks...I don't think anything will speed it up...and not calling probably won't slow it down. It's very frustrating!!

It was actually 9 weeks for you? Or a bit more? For us 9 weeks is today. Only what they say now that our information is in a system give them couple more days to create a number. And this response we are getting from Thursday. So i’m getting more than just concerned. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

It was actually 9 weeks for you? Or a bit more? For us 9 weeks is today. Only what they say now that our information is in a system give them couple more days to create a number. And this response we are getting from Thursday. So i’m getting more than just concerned. 

Mine took exactly 9 weeks...they were saying that to me too, give them a few days...you should get the email very soon!! 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

9 weeks since NVC received it or 9 weeks from NOA2?:( that is sooo long....

9 weeks since NVC received it...my wait was ridiculous! I was approved 11/15...TSC sent it 12/26...NVC received it 1/8...didn't get the case number until 3/12!! Four months from approval to case number, insane!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, ABK said:

Is the police certificate required for Pakistan?

I am think it is but can't say for sure. But we did submit it for my husband and NVC accepted the document as well!

Edited by H-H

Timeline

Guys, posting this because it might be helpful for pivot cases (submitted electronically). We got a checklist just because the biographic page of the passport was in landscape mode when we submitted it, and not portrait. So please make sure your documents are all in portrait so you guys don't get a checklist for something so small like that!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, H-H said:

Guys, posting this because it might be helpful for pivot cases (submitted electronically). We got a checklist just because the biographic page of the passport was in landscape mode when we submitted it, and not portrait. So please make sure your documents are all in portrait so you guys don't get a checklist for something so small like that!

This happened to me on Monday...a few pages of our marriage certificate were landscape...so I had to fix it. But at least they are looking at them fairly quickly!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
11 minutes ago, H-H said:

my passports are in landscape because u can read them that way. if i put them in vertical (portrait) i will have to tilt my head to read them. so u mean we should change them still? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline

im almost at 9 weeks of waiting and no case # and i noticed recently they started asking to confirm both names and spouses dob. just now lady said they dont have case # but they can see work being done on file and to call back monday...

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
1 minute ago, H&H. said:

my passports are in landscape because u can read them that way. if i put them in vertical (portrait) i will have to tilt my head to read them. so u mean we should change them still? 

Have you tried saving it as a pdf and then change to portrait? It shouldn't rotate if you do that! Let me know if it works! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's cases are moving along! This long wait sucks but this community and info on VisaJourney has been super helpful! Quick question. I just called the NVC and they said they received my case yesterday (March 27th) but the officer also told me it could take up to 8 weeks to get a case #. Is this true, has it been taking that long to get a case # assigned? Also once we get a case #, are we able to fill out and pay the DS-261 AOS bill right away? Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.