dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can someone plz HELP me! I have submitted the ds261 choice of agent form. I want to call and have it reviewed over the phone.  But how do i do that?  What do i say?  Which option do i choose? What are they going to ask me and what information should i have on hand?  Plz anybody done it before guide me. I just want this to  be over.  It's so frustrating. 

THANK you

6 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

Can someone plz HELP me! I have submitted the ds261 choice of agent form. I want to call and have it reviewed over the phone.  But how do i do that?  What do i say?  Which option do i choose? What are they going to ask me and what information should i have on hand?  Plz anybody done it before guide me. I just want this to  be over.  It's so frustrating. 

THANK you

Just call like when u normally do and just ask them to review it , say " could you please review my ds-261" 

they will ask for the agents name, email address, probably phone number and address that's all 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rawanruru said:

Just call like when u normally do and just ask them to review it , say " could you please review my ds-261" 

they will ask for the agents name, email address, probably phone number and address that's all 

THANKYOU SO MUCH!

Timeline

I submitted the ds261 this morning and just now called to have it reviewed over the phone.  The lady was very nice who I spoke to. She said she is surprised how people get to fill the ds261 before they sent out the instructions.  She said I have to  wait for the instructions!  What do you guys think? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, HariMS said:

what was the issue in i864a that you sent? It could help me prevent a checklist when I file. I also require an i864a.

Thanks in advance :) 

Inside i864a form couple questions is wrong

question no 31a nd b ... 

my wife have to sign on sponsors 

but there have mistakes my father in low sign last time

3 hours ago, Hitesh..Tammy said:

Our case is On hold.

We got checklist 16 march nd resubmit i864a form 

nvc receives our documents 21 march

and scan date is 23 march.

my question is how long does is take for nvc to review our i864a again nd how long does it take for CC ?? 

your countdown restarts so it can take "up to 11 weeks" for the second review.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, HariMS said:

My NVC received date is 21st feb. Called today - no case number yet. We should be getting it in another 2 weeks I guess.

Are you a regular case or pivot?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called the NVC today. They told me that they are in the 8th week since receiving my case and the agent said they have until midnight on Friday to create the case. They confirmed that they will be open on Friday despite the holiday.

1 hour ago, MrsKhan said:

I submitted the ds261 this morning and just now called to have it reviewed over the phone.  The lady was very nice who I spoke to. She said she is surprised how people get to fill the ds261 before they sent out the instructions.  She said I have to  wait for the instructions!  What do you guys think? 

I have seen this before. They won't review the DS-261 until you receive the welcome email. Don't worry though, it won't delay you at all since I assume none of the fees have unlocked  yet? As soon as you receive the welcome email, you can call and have the DS-261 reviewed over the phone. 

Timeline

this one lady at night shift really has no idea what shes talking about. i called yesterday to get case # and she said it was sent to supervisor last fri and can take 6 weeks to review even though they received it jan 25 and it was already sent to supervisor feb 12... it better not take another 6 weeks 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.