2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, May1990 said:

Can someone plz explain to me

Numbers 2,3,6,10

Thanks in Advance

Screenshot_20180324-101420.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_6_-_Gather_AOS_Package

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, aywang said:

@truelove29 I am filling out the I-864a for my mum.

(1) In Part 4 of the I-864A, since she is filing jointly with my dad, the answer is "Yes" to federal income tax return? 

(2) For the total income in Part 4 Item 2, do I put what is listed in the total income on the joint tax return?   That would be the same as what I put for my dad's I-864 Part 6.

Just wondering what people are doing here.  I didn't even think to their social security statements (as my dad's W2 is enough).

I put "yes" to your first question

and I put the total income, same as on my dad's I-864

hopefully that's correct, but that's what I did

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Got my NOA2 approved..Date on letter says 27/02 but I status online didn’t change until 13/03...It’s been saying ‘Case was sent to department of State ‘ since 13/03 and I’ve called NVC severally, but they haven’t received yet...Please can someone explain:

1. How long will it take for NVC to receive?

2. How long does it take to get a case number?

3. How long do we have to wait to start filling all these forms?

Thank you all.

19 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Hello fellas, 

I would like to see advice based on your experience guys. Believe it or not, I am inquiring on what is the BEST way to make sure that my wife's interview does not take place before the end of June! Yup, you got it right! Though I feel so frustrated at this stupid and slow process, it seems it is best to delay the interview until the Supreme court decides on the ban placed on Syrians. 

My case is a pivot one. From what I read, if I do not pay the IV fee, I still can get a CC , is that right? 

I know I can delay submitting the IV docs; but it is too much of a risk and I am afraid I will get a check list and this will made the delay too long. 

So what is the best way to get through everything and hold them from setting an interview date a bit? 

My wife is Syrian and there is a Muslim ban that is not giving a visa of any kind to Syrians. But the supreme court is supposed to have a hearing this April and decide on the legitimacy of the ban by end of June (hoping they rule against the ban)! 

Thanks in advance for any advice and wish you all good luck. 

you can always reschedule an interview after its initial scheduling to a later date by contacting the embassy directly.

13 hours ago, May1990 said:

Update

Nvc received Feb 14

Got case # March 19

Filled ds261 March 23 

Iv fee open March 24

When will Aos fee open?

you need to call to have ds261 reviewed over the phone or it will take several weeks for them to review it on their own. It must be reviewed before AOS will open up.

11 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

When we fill out the ds261 choice of agent form,  we are supposed to print the confirmation page,  right? Do we send that page with our documents to nvc? Do we need to  send the original?  As I will do it here in London but I plan to scan all documents to my son he will then post the bundle in the U.S. 

Someone who has done it already plz help.  Thanks

no you don't have to send any of the confirmation pages to the NVC. only to your interview.

Update:

Case- Pivot

Uscis sent my case to NVC 1/12/18

Received 1/15/18

Case Number 3/15/18

I got my number exactly 2 months later, so for those waiting dont worry soon you will get your number.

I completed the IV and AOS on Thursday 3/22/18 but because I have a lawyer I have to wait for him to approve it and submit it...I'm hoping they won't take too long! 

Good luck everyone!😊

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 6:57 AM, H&H. said:

everybody getting cc and interviews while still waiting for case # 6 weeks later...

I received my NOA2 on 24th January 2018, its been 2 months almost and NVC says they haven't received the case . Its getting on my nerves. Can someone guide me if this is normal or not?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Update:

Case- Pivot

Received 1/15/18

Case Number 3/15/18

I got my number exactly 2 months later, so for those waiting dont worry soon you will get your number.

I completed the IV and AOS on Thursday 3/22/18 but because I have a lawyer I have to wait for him to approve it and submit it...I'm hoping they won't take too long! 

Good luck everyone!😊

How do we get to know that our case is pivot or not? and also did you call NVC to check if they received your case? I got my NOA2 on 24th January 2018, its been 2 months and NVC says they haven't received my case? What should i do? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Rkb23 said:

Got my NOA2 approved..Date on letter says 27/02 but I status online didn’t change until 13/03...It’s been saying ‘Case was sent to department of State ‘ since 13/03 and I’ve called NVC severally, but they haven’t received yet...Please can someone explain:

Thank you all.

Which service center are you? Its been 2 months, got my approval notice on 24th January 2018 and NVC still haven't received my case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mahrukh Rana said:

How do we get to know that our case is pivot or not? and also did you call NVC to check if they received your case? I got my NOA2 on 24th January 2018, its been 2 months and NVC says they haven't received my case? What should i do? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

You can check from here. I think yours is a pivot case too. Yes, you have to call NVC to make sure they've received it. It depends on your service center like when do they dispatch the approvals to NVC but 2 months is too long. Did your USCIS status change to "we sent your petition to department of state"? Usually it takes 8-9 days from the date on which the status changes for NVC to receive your petition. Like my status changed on Feb 20 and NVC received in on Feb 28.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Rkb23 said:

Thank you all.

It takes around 8-9 days for NVC to receive it. They should receive yours by Monday.

If your case is pivot (uploading documents on CEAC website), it may take upto 8 weeks from the day NVC receives it. If it is a regular case, should take upto 4-5 weeks.

Once you receive your case number, you'll proceed with the next steps. You may get your documents (police certificate, court records etc) ready to save time. If it is a pivot case, scan your documents again to save time.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Update:

Case- Pivot

Received 1/15/18

Case Number 3/15/18

Good luck everyone!😊

Congratulations! This gives some hope. :)  Please update the spreadsheet. Thank you

Edited by ABK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.