dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Unfortunately I already tried this site and several others, and they only reduce it by a little bit. I don't know if I need to buy a new scanner?? The one I have is pretty old...i just don't know why its making the document so big. 

My tax transcripts are also coming out too large...around 3 to 4MB. Are other people printing and scanning and not having this problem?? Wouldn't everyone using CEAC have to print it in order to sign it? I'm fine with buying a new one, if that's the actual problem...I'm just feeling hopeless right now lol

If you don’t have these at home, common places with this type of equipment are libraries, community centers, Internet cafés, and copy shops. You will need to scan the documents that you are submitting to NVC, and upload the scanned files to CEAC. You can only upload documents that are 2 MB in size or smaller. Documents must be one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, and .pdf.
NO need to buy another scanner/printer just go to staples, office depot or a FedEx office they can help you. I think you are doing the scanning wrong you should be scanning 1 by 1 no making on single file. 

Edited by Hypekicks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

My checklist came and, amazingly, had nothing to do with the AOS but with the IV. Wasn't expecting that! 

But I need some advice: the checklist says they need me to send a police certificate from the Netherlands (where I currently live). But I *did* send that in the package. So does that mean they lost it? Should I call? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
4 hours ago, emeraldbu said:

Same here. We paid our IV fees yesterday and I woke up  this morning to there invoice again asking us to pay now. Any one that knows what should be done should help please

I will send my documents tomorrow. I checked my bank account statement and they debit  the IV fee yesterday. I hope it change status from pay now to paid later. I suggest you to do the same, since I understand that D260 form is online and doesn't need to be print. So while documents get there, we should have enough time to solve system problem.

Write your case number at every corner of page, to avoid them losing documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hypekicks said:

If you don’t have these at home, common places with this type of equipment are libraries, community centers, Internet cafés, and copy shops. You will need to scan the documents that you are submitting to NVC, and upload the scanned files to CEAC. You can only upload documents that are 2 MB in size or smaller. Documents must be one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, and .pdf.
NO need to buy another scanner/printer just go to staples, office depot or a FedEx office they can help you. I think you are doing the scanning wrong you should be scanning 1 by 1 no making on single file. 

But then how do I send the I-864? It's 12 pages long...am I supposed to upload 12 separate documents? The directions say that if the document is multiple pages, to create one file with multiple pages.

my other issue is with the I-864...when I print it, the big bar codes on the bottom don't print. So those are missing from my scanned files. Do those need to be there or will NVC not accept my forms without the bar codes on the bottom of each page??

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Diana f said:

Thank you!  Did you send your documents before the D260 form?

Yeah , I mailed my documents like on 15th or so , and submitting ds-260 on 18 while my documents were in transit 

Timeline
3 hours ago, seewolves said:

My checklist came and, amazingly, had nothing to do with the AOS but with the IV. Wasn't expecting that! 

But I need some advice: the checklist says they need me to send a police certificate from the Netherlands (where I currently live). But I *did* send that in the package. So does that mean they lost it? Should I call? 

Yeah if they asking for it , 

Means they lost it or they didn't accept your PCC , 

Call them , but most likely you'll have to send the copy of original PCC again 

Timeline
1 minute ago, harsh2010 said:

Yeah , I mailed my documents like on 15th or so , and submitting ds-260 on 18 while my documents were in transit 

Thank you! I will wait until next week. I can see they charged yesterday the payment. So they sent the invoice for the second time before it was debit from the account.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Diana f said:

Thank you! I will wait until next week. I can see they charged yesterday the payment. So they sent the invoice for the second time before it was debit from the account.

😊 Yeah when I called them about that , they said not to worry ss long as it shows on your bank account as charged and it's just system glitch to re send invoice , 

By Monday or Tuesday it should change to paid 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

😊 Yeah when I called them about that , they said not to worry ss long as it shows on your bank account as charged and it's just system glitch to re send invoice , 

By Monday or Tuesday it should change to paid 

Please let me know how it goes with the rest. Did you send 2 different packages or all in one? AOS and IV with each cover letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Diana f said:

Please let me know how it goes with the rest. Did you send 2 different packages or all in one? AOS and IV with each cover letter?

so as I was really confused with 3 different cover letters, I called NVC this am I talked to a very sweet lady who has been there for many years, this is what she told me.

only send 1 cover letter, it doesn't matter for which one you send as they only need 1 bar code, and each over letter has a different address for the ATTN to part.

she said to send it to the ATTN DR address that is on the state.gov site.

Timeline
Just now, Diana f said:

You send 2 envelopes , AOS and IV , but in 1 package   you don't need cover letter inside each envelopes , but can be nice to put to list ehsyd inside and in what order , 

You do need the documents checklist you get from welcome package , and documents cover sheet from ceac website , on top of the envelopes outside 

i typed a cover letter like this , which is not needed and put this after the cover letter 5a83a9e003889_CoverLetter.thumb.jpg.5f17bbd82825dda4372bf5be4c591fd4.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

You send 2 envelopes , AOS and IV , but in 1 package   you don't need cover letter inside each envelopes , but can be nice to put to list ehsyd inside and in what order , 

You do need the documents checklist you get from welcome package , and documents cover sheet from ceac website , on top of the envelopes outside 

i typed a cover letter like this , which is not needed and put this after the cover letter 

do you need to send passport photos?

Timeline
Just now, Khallaf said:

do you need to send passport photos?

Not needed , they don't ask at NVC , but I sent anyways , 

I front loaded lot of extra things ,. Safer to send more then miss something  and might help out my wife on interview with less Questions 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Yeah if they asking for it , 

Means they lost it or they didn't accept your PCC , 

Call them , but most likely you'll have to send the copy of original PCC again 

What's weird is I just called to double check with them and the NVC rep said I *didn't* need to send my certificate again but take it to my interview. 

For full context, they asked for a different verison of my birth certificate as well. The rep said I did need to send my birth certificate but did not have to re-send the police certificate. 

But then the letter says this: 

______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
We cannot accept the birth certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we
can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at
nvc.state.gov/find. Select your country from the main menu on the left side of the page. The next page
will be your country's "Reciprocity Schedule."

Click on "Birth, Death, Burial Certificates" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of birth certificate you must submit to NVC.
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:
* the translation is accurate
* the translator is competent to translate.

3 - Birth Certificate - “The document submitted does not fulfill the necessary requirements. Please submit a "long-form" birth
certificate.”

______10 - NETHERLANDS POLICE CERTIFICATE:_________________________
Netherlands Police Certificate: Available: Please send us a police certificate so we can continue to
process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at nvc.state.gov/find.
Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's
"Reciprocity Schedule."

Click on "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.

If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:

* the translation is accurate
* the translator is competent to translate.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Not needed , they don't ask at NVC , but I sent anyways , 

I front loaded lot of extra things ,. Safer to send more then miss something  and might help out my wife on interview with less Questions 

I am about to see my husband soon in egypt, so I made a copy of what I am sending to NVC and put it into a binder for him with all the original documents, in case they feel the need to ask for more things, I only sent 2017/2016 tax returns, but gave him the 2014/2015 copy also, so I need to send two envelopes in one package?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.