aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Got married Dec 16 2014

Applied for green card in 2015 and received temporary one August 2015. 

Applied to remove conditions in May 19th 2017. 

Saw that my case was transferred to a local office on April 9th 2018. 

Was scared that this meant a secondary interview. 

Saw that I was approved for my greencard on June 19th 2018, exactly 13 months later. 

So now I'm waiting on the green card. Be encouraged. I used to be on this thread worried that the local office transfer meant a secondary interview. It doesn't. Make sure you provide MORE THAN ENOUGH evidence on your packet and you'll be fine. I live in Manhattan Ny. 

BBAF8C56-16AE-4E8D-8D0C-8631CD148A64.jpeg

Hello everybody,

Im Feb 17 filler, got my message about transferring to local office in April....since then nothing.

Got my passport stamp in 9th of May...during that appointment Lady said that loads of things has changed and waiting times are longer. I have plans to visit my family in Europe bit she kind of suggest to wait with traveling becase I should hear someting soon, but is already end of June and now word.

My worry is that I would leave and get an interview. I know that you can reschedule the interview but how long?only few weeks or months? And how many times i could do that? Would be grateful for any info or direction me to other place in this forum.

Thank you

10 hours ago, Teveja_87 said:

Got married Dec 16 2014

Saw that I was approved for my greencard on June 19th 2018, exactly 13 months later. 

So now I'm waiting on the green card. Be encouraged. I used to be on this thread worried that the local office transfer meant a secondary interview. It doesn't. Make sure you provide MORE THAN ENOUGH evidence on your packet and you'll be fine. I live in Manhattan Ny. 

BBAF8C56-16AE-4E8D-8D0C-8631CD148A64.jpeg

Are you in filing in Vermont or California? did you get anything in the mail before this notice?

Edited by Izzy512

3 hours ago, Izzy512 said:

Are you in filing in Vermont or California? did you get anything in the mail before this notice?

I filed in Vermont, i think.....and i havent seen anything in the mail yet......this update was just what i saw online

Hello,

I will be travelling home for a month. I know that my expired green card and letter of extension is going to be recognized upon my return to the US. I saw somewhere on the forum a page from CBP manual saying that valid extension letter and expired green card are proof to be readmitted to the US. I wanted to print it out just in case I meet someone who is not familiar with the process during my travels. If you happen to have a link please send my way.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, emcia_81 said:

Hello,

I will be travelling home for a month. I know that my expired green card and letter of extension is going to be recognized upon my return to the US. I saw somewhere on the forum a page from CBP manual saying that valid extension letter and expired green card are proof to be readmitted to the US. I wanted to print it out just in case I meet someone who is not familiar with the process during my travels. If you happen to have a link please send my way.

Thanks.

https://www.cbp.gov/document/guides/carrier-information-guide-english

Hi,

Feb 2017 filler in VSC.

Just got letter from USCIS, to be honest I thought is interview invitation or maybe the " we will send you the card letter"

But NO, its  THIRD biometric appoitment letter.

The first time I went it was in March 2017,  then 2nd letter was in December 2017 and I thought maybe its another stuff they need and I was told It was a mistake.....and now the 3rd??? 2 hours drive one way to that office.

Anybody had that happened?

Where should I call to get answers?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mags8005 said:

Hi,

Feb 2017 filler in VSC.

Just got letter from USCIS, to be honest I thought is interview invitation or maybe the " we will send you the card letter"

But NO, its  THIRD biometric appoitment letter.

The first time I went it was in March 2017,  then 2nd letter was in December 2017 and I thought maybe its another stuff they need and I was told It was a mistake.....and now the 3rd??? 2 hours drive one way to that office.

Anybody had that happened?

Where should I call to get answers?

:bonk: This is unbelievable. You need to contact the helpline. It might be sent in an error. 

Today my husband received an email stating that those who have green cards soon to be expired need to file the I-90 form. Is this applicable to us? Just as so many other CR-1 filers, we never received the new green card after filing I-751 to remove conditions. 

08-06-14 : Married

08-22-14 : I-130 Sent

08-27-14 : NOA1

01-16-15 : NOA2

02-24-15 : NVC Received

02-28-15 : Submit DS-261 (originally)

04-03-15 : Resubmit DS-261 (DONT TOUCH THE LINK WHEN WAITING FOR DS-261 TO BE REVIEWED!!!!)

04-13-15 : AOS Invoice Paid

04-14-15 : IV Invoice Paid

05-21-15 : Sent AOS & IV Package

05-26-15 : Scan Date

06-21-15 : Received checklist

07-02-15 : New scan date

07-25-15 : Logged onto CEAC and saw three N/A's!

08-18-15 : Requested Expedite

08-20-15 : Expedite under review
08-24-15 : Expedite accepted
08-25-15 : Case in Transit!
08-26-15 : Scheduled interview date for October 6th!
08-27-15 : Case status on ceac shows "ready"!
09-01-15 : Rescheduled interview date for September 18th
09-18-15 : Interview and APPROVED!!!!!
10-15-15 : Entry into the United States

Removal of Conditions 
09-16-17 : I-751 packet sent
09-19-17 : I-751 packet received
09-21-17 : Money order cashed
09-23-17 : Received NOA1 dated 9/19/17
10-02-17 : Received Biometrics Appt. for 10/13/17

N-400 Filing
07-18-18 : Online filing and payment sent
07-18-18: Receipt Notice
08-06-18: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

YAY!!! Just checked today for 10 year Green Card status.

On June 24, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC1726600081, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We mailed request on June 20, 2017 and it was filed on July 10, 2017. Why the date is a Sunday, I know not why. But when the card gets here, I will post here. We are so happy!

Edited by Gary and Susana
Wrong date

SO heres my FULL timeline now....from start to finish......

Got married Dec 16 2014

JUNE 26TH (TODAY) MY GREENCARD WAS DELIVERED....ITS IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW 

Be encouraged. I used to be on this thread worried that the local office transfer meant a secondary interview. It doesn't. Make sure you provide MORE THAN ENOUGH evidence on your packet and you'll be fine. I live in Manhattan Ny

greencard.jpg

WOW I think I am the only person who is still waiting for their I 751 to be approved  as a OCTOBER 2016 filer. Case was put on hold because of security clearance is pending but I have nothing on my record. Already sent a inquiry, talked to my lawyer, contacted the senator who I still didn't hear back from and also made an Infopass appointment which will be July 10th. I strongly believe that they lost my case. Every time I request for a status update, I get the same message that my case is being processed and that there are no new updates. I am outside normal processing time and slowly I am loosing hope. Besides that, I am going through a divorce now which I believe shouldn't be a problem with all the evidence we have. I would just like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me or did everybody got approved for filers after October 2016??

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, lissatt89 said:

WOW I think I am the only person who is still waiting for their I 751 to be approved  as a OCTOBER 2016 filer. Case was put on hold because of security clearance is pending but I have nothing on my record. Already sent a inquiry, talked to my lawyer, contacted the senator who I still didn't hear back from and also made an Infopass appointment which will be July 10th. I strongly believe that they lost my case. Every time I request for a status update, I get the same message that my case is being processed and that there are no new updates. I am outside normal processing time and slowly I am loosing hope. Besides that, I am going through a divorce now which I believe shouldn't be a problem with all the evidence we have. I would just like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me or did everybody got approved for filers after October 2016??

File a writ of mandamus. It'll cost you some money, but it's the only thing that makes these idiots do the job that they already get paid for. They'll sh*t their pants and adjudicate your application once they see the filing, you won't have to actually litigate it.

On 23.06.2018 at 6:59 PM, Name O Boy said:

:bonk: This is unbelievable. You need to contact the helpline. It might be sent in an error. 

Yes, I would understand if they would take fingerprints on 2nd app, but they didnt and if they wont the 3rd time I will be very frustrated. I call the number on the letter and talked to 4 agents......one even told me to find myself number to that office that I should go and call them and he disconneted(tried that too but could find it and another agent was not able to give it to me, because she probably tried like me on the website).

The other one was nicer, but looking at his screen he couldnt give me any answers what to do with it ( he was higher in that call center ranks, not just info man), so after 30 minutes of searching he just said that I need to go because he doesnt see any other solution.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.