JoeSchmoe2017

2018 San Francisco filers

572 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, calberry said:

It said "1 day" till yesterday and today it says "Estimated wait time:  We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time". Oh well, I was hoping to get a date today. Maybe this is related to the government shutdown?

I had the same behavior. Did your application advance @calberry? I submitted in SF April 2018 and did biometrics in May

On 1/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, JandMA said:

Congratulations!

The question about the State governor was a bit of trick one given that he was only recently sworn in. But maybe it's been updated on the 100 list.

I'm surprised at the length of the estimated delay for the oath ceremony!

@JandMA - have you heard about your interview yet? 

I had my interview today and it went well. Here's what happened

1. I parked at the portsmouth square garage, there was no line and I went in
  2. I had to go through security and the metal detector like at the airport. The metal detector went off even though I had nothing metallic, they had me walk in again, and it beeped again. They tested it with another guy working there and they finally gave the machine two big whacks after which it didn't beep again when I walked in
  3. I took the elevator to the second floor and waited in the waiting room. My interview started about 15 minutes late. Apparently everyone's computers were being slow and slowing the the interviews. Next I was asked to take an oath to be truthful
  4. We went through my application, did the civics test, and the language reading and writing test. For one of the questions "What is the rule of law" I listed the four bullet points and she said one was enough and there wasn't enough space on her computer to record the whole thing anyway. I guess they type your answers and are not just marking them as correct or incorrect. The whole thing probably took 30 minutes although it would probably have gone faster if the computers were not acting up or crashing
  5. The interviewer wondered why I applied under marriage versus five years since I've had a green card for longer than 5 years. I said I have documents for both so either was fine at which point suggested we change to five years since there would be less documents to be reviewed and I said that was fine
  6. I was then told that I passed and was given a sheet that said that said I was recommended for approval
  7. A few hours later I literally got 12 sms notifications from uscis. When I log in it now says the following on egov "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address" and on uscis.gov it says "February 25, 2019. We approved your application. Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony. We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony. Estimated wait time: We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time"

8 minutes ago, calberry said:

I had my interview today and it went well. Here's what happened

1. I parked at the portsmouth square garage, there was no line and I went in
  2. I had to go through security and the metal detector like at the airport. The metal detector went off even though I had nothing metallic, they had me walk in again, and it beeped again. They tested it with another guy working there and they finally gave the machine two big whacks after which it didn't beep again when I walked in
  3. I took the elevator to the second floor and waited in the waiting room. My interview started about 15 minutes late. Apparently everyone's computers were being slow and slowing the the interviews. Next I was asked to take an oath to be truthful
  4. We went through my application, did the civics test, and the language reading and writing test. For one of the questions "What is the rule of law" I listed the four bullet points and she said one was enough and there wasn't enough space on her computer to record the whole thing anyway. I guess they type your answers and are not just marking them as correct or incorrect. The whole thing probably took 30 minutes although it would probably have gone faster if the computers were not acting up or crashing
  5. The interviewer wondered why I applied under marriage versus five years since I've had a green card for longer than 5 years. I said I have documents for both so either was fine at which point suggested we change to five years since there would be less documents to be reviewed and I said that was fine
  6. I was then told that I passed and was given a sheet that said that said I was recommended for approval
  7. A few hours later I literally got 12 sms notifications from uscis. When I log in it now says the following on egov "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address" and on uscis.gov it says "February 25, 2019. We approved your application. Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony. We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony. Estimated wait time: We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time"

Congrats! I'm a couple months behind you. I'm hoping that my case moves as quickly a yours. 

1 hour ago, Solid_Possibility said:

@JandMA - have you heard about your interview yet? 

Nope - my countdown went to zero on Feb 12, and now I just get the message "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time". I'll post it whenever I do hear.

By the way, for those of you who've already passed the interview and are waiting for a date for the ceremony, here's the schedule at the Paramount in Oakland from their website:

thumbnail.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Solid_Possibility said:

I had the same behavior. Did your application advance @calberry? I submitted in SF April 2018 and did biometrics in May

Hi guys,

I had my estimation at 6 more months, and I am too getting "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time." message

Edited by Moonski

N400

07/31/2018 - Filed in San Francisco

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

5/13/2019 - Change of address request - Washington DC

5/15/2019 - Interview Scheduled for 06/20/2019

5/15/2019 - sent out a request to reschedule the interview

5/23/2019 - interview rescheduled to 06/26/2019

6/13/2019 - interview rescheduled to 07/13/2019

7/13/2019 - interview. Approved the same day, online status changed.

08/27/2019 - oath ceremony scheduled @ Alexandria court (name change) for 09/26/2019

1 hour ago, Moonski said:

Hi guys,

I had my estimation at 6 more months, and I am too getting "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time." message

After reading your post, I checked and mine says the same thing:( That makes it difficult to plan a vacation in Europe.

8 hours ago, Layla88 said:

After reading your post, I checked and mine says the same thing:( That makes it difficult to plan a vacation in Europe.

For what's it worth mine still says "Estimated wait time: We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time" and I've been approved for oath so I wouldn't put too much weight on the estimated wait time. I also posted it here and many others have had the same experience 

On 2/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, JandMA said:

Nope - my countdown went to zero on Feb 12, and now I just get the message "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time". I'll post it whenever I do hear.

By the way, for those of you who've already passed the interview and are waiting for a date for the ceremony, here's the schedule at the Paramount in Oakland from their website:

thumbnail.png

My countdown just went back to 10 days

I got an email this morning that said "We have taken an action on your case and it needs your attention". Logging in to USCIS.gov now has my oath ceremony letter which shows it as March 13 at 1:15pm -- so close to being done!

Good luck to everyone else on this thread. This forum was really helpful in lowering my anxiety and I hope me sharing my information helps someone else. By the way my estimated wait time now says 4 months which is obviously not accurate. I think looking at people's timeline a month or two ahead of you may be a better way to plan around

Calberry........|06/04/07|02/05|02/14|02/13|03/08/18|--/--/--|01/18/19|02/25/19|03/13/19|San Francisco, CA|IOE

10 minutes ago, calberry said:

I got an email this morning that said "We have taken an action on your case and it needs your attention". Logging in to USCIS.gov now has my oath ceremony letter which shows it as March 13 at 1:15pm -- so close to being done!

Good luck to everyone else on this thread. This forum was really helpful in lowering my anxiety and I hope me sharing my information helps someone else. By the way my estimated wait time now says 4 months which is obviously not accurate. I think looking at people's timeline a month or two ahead of you may be a better way to plan around

Calberry........|06/04/07|02/05|02/14|02/13|03/08/18|--/--/--|01/18/19|02/25/19|03/13/19|San Francisco, CA|IOE

Congrats! 

If I use your timeline to approximate mine, in 10 days (coincidentally my 'estimated wait time') I should hear about my interview date! (lol)

22 hours ago, Solid_Possibility said:

Congrats! 

If I use your timeline to approximate mine, in 10 days (coincidentally my 'estimated wait time') I should hear about my interview date! (lol)

Well, if I use your argument, I should have got mine already (which unfortunately I haven't). I think things are just getting more and more delayed...

But it would be useful to others if more readers of this thread filled out their own timeline on Visa Journey! This is then visible if you go to

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,10,11&op6=All&op7=San Francisco CA

39 minutes ago, JandMA said:

Well, if I use your argument, I should have got mine already (which unfortunately I haven't). I think things are just getting more and more delayed...

But it would be useful to others if more readers of this thread filled out their own timeline on Visa Journey! This is then visible if you go to

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,10,11&op6=All&op7=San Francisco CA

I think you are only a couple of days late, no? I have seen a range of up to two additional more weeks from what calberry got. I was mentally preparing myself to get mine anywhere between Mar 8 and Mar 22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.