JoeSchmoe2017

2018 San Francisco filers

572 posts in this topic

Any April filers?  I’m still waiting for the interview

UserName........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
SFWolf..........|07/08/13|04/24|—-/—-|05/05|06/01/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE

San Francisco, CA

N-400 Timeline

2018-04-24 Submitted

2018-05-05 NOA

2018-06-01 Biometrics

2019-05-09 Interview Scheduled

2019-06-18 Interview Date

2019-07-17 Oath Ceremony

11 hours ago, SFWolf said:

Any April filers?  I’m still waiting for the interview

UserName........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
SFWolf..........|07/08/13|04/24|—-/—-|05/05|06/01/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Francisco, CA|IOE

I am 4/10/18 and there's someone else ( @thedarkelf ) that's 4/6/18. The last person we know of that got the interview letter applied on 4/2/18 and he got the interview letter 4/4/19. You still have a few weeks to go, probably.

@thedarkelf - you haven't heard yet by any chance?

Edited by Solid_Possibility

Just now, thedarkelf said:

Nope. I even got the automatic two week notification yesterday saying that they are still reviewing my case. 😕

Don't worry about that. I got that email the day before i got the email saying they have taken action on my case.

Filed: Timeline

That is good to know, thanks @Ashanu

Fingers crossed, I get it this week and we all keeping moving forward! I feel like the last month of delay didn't matter so much because I used the time to do other related things like get a name change done in the courts, tax transcripts for 2018 and the selective service letter. I feel like there is nothing else left now but wait!

Edited by thedarkelf

6 minutes ago, thedarkelf said:

Fingers crossed, I get it this week and we all keeping moving forward! I feel like the last month of delay didn't matter so much because I used the time to do other related things like get a name change done in the courts, tax transcripts for 2018 and the selective service letter. I feel like there is nothing else left now but wait!

Wait what's the selective service letter? 

Filed: Timeline

@DandelionSFI read online that you need transcripts, I think you can apply for them online (https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) or by mail. It takes them like ~ 10 days to send them over. I just got them in case, I was planning on taking a print out of the filed forms if my interview had been this month.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, thedarkelf said:

I've been thinking about getting the name changed but dont know it's better to do it before or wait till oath and apply for passport. Do you mind sharing with me how you did it, process and some tips? thanks much!!

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi littleitaly, if you wait for the oath, you have to pay even more money as you will have to change the name on the naturalization certificate then.

It is a bit blurry since I did last winter and I forgot a lot of things, but basically you will need to apply in superior? court (SF if you live in SF, Redwood City if you live in San Mateo County). 5 forms or so need to be filled in. I bought a book to fill this out, wouldn't have known how to do this otherwise. Then you need to run an ad in an approved newspaper (additional cost) for a couple of weeks, and finally appear to your court hearing. That's it :). Then you bring that court approval notice to your interview.

Basically, you are too late now, I think, because you need to have it before the interview. Or do it after naturalization then. Unfortunately we are one of the few counties where we can't do it without any hassle and for free during the oath....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DandelionSF said:

Hi littleitaly, if you wait for the oath, you have to pay even more money as you will have to change the name on the naturalization certificate then.

It is a bit blurry since I did last winter and I forgot a lot of things, but basically you will need to apply in superior? court (SF if you live in SF, Redwood City if you live in San Mateo County). 5 forms or so need to be filled in. I bought a book to fill this out, wouldn't have known how to do this otherwise. Then you need to run an ad in an approved newspaper (additional cost) for a couple of weeks, and finally appear to your court hearing. That's it :). Then you bring that court approval notice to your interview.

Basically, you are too late now, I think, because you need to have it before the interview. Or do it after naturalization then. Unfortunately we are one of the few counties where we can't do it without any hassle and for free during the oath....

DandelionSF, thank you so much for the reply. And yes, agree that it’s always a hassle to deal with the government/court. 

Based on current progression, I expect my interview to be scheduled in July. I know you don’t remember all the details but approximately how long did it take for the whole process(filling out forms, running ad on the newspaper and wait for the court)? I guess I only have less than 3 months if I want to do it now. 

Thanks much!!! 

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, littleitaly said:

DandelionSF, thank you so much for the reply. And yes, agree that it’s always a hassle to deal with the government/court. 

Based on current progression, I expect my interview to be scheduled in July. I know you don’t remember all the details but approximately how long did it take for the whole process(filling out forms, running ad on the newspaper and wait for the court)? I guess I only have less than 3 months if I want to do it now. 

Thanks much!!! 

Ah, got it, I somehow thought again you were an April filer. I think mine took around 2 months, including the ad running for three or four weeks. That was in Redwood City. So I think you should have enough time if you start right away, like this weekend. Unless you suddenly get a a May interview....

The book I used is called "How to change your name in California".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.